Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 10 Things We Know We're Ticked Off About « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : December 11, 2012, 12:12:23 AM »

10 Things We Know We're Ticked Off About - Buccaneers vs. Eagles

By JC DeLaTorre on Dec 10, 8:45

Who knew I was better than you? - Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports

The Bucs choked away a playoff possibility by dumping one to the lowly Eagles. Here's 10 things we're totally ticked off about.

It never entered my mind - the Bucs losing on Sunday. I never considered it a possibility. The Eagles were a horrible, horrible football team and the Bucs had just gone toe-to-toe with some of the best teams in the NFL - two that could very well play in New Orleans in February.

The Eagles had quit on their coach, had one of the worst secondaries in the NFL and were starting a rookie quarterback (and not one of the good ones).

Add to that the Bucs had their first true blue sell out since the Monday Nighter last season and they were celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Super Bowl.

There was no way the Bucs were going to lose in front of the Mount Rushmore of the franchise - Sapp, Brooks, Lynch and Alstott.

Yet, they did. Here's the 10 things we know we're ticked off about -

1. On Tuesday, I'll be giving you my NFC Playoff scenario madness which will tell you exactly how the Bucs can climb into the playoff race. Make no mistake, Bucs fans. This team isn't going to the playoffs. If you can't beat THAT team in THAT situation - who in the world are you going to beat?

2. The Seattle Seahawks - who seem to actually WANT to be a playoff team - showed how you handle a bad opponent at home. You crush them. Destroy any hopes they have and make them quit. The longer you leave a pitiful team in the ballgame, the more they believe they can win - and that my friends - is when you get upset. The Bucs are certainly not a good enough team to throw their helmet on the field and say, "Fear us." The Eagles weren't afraid, they didn't like the whispers that they quit on Andy Reid and they played their backsides off to ruin our party.

3. Josh Freeman. All week long the fishwraps have been cooing about how the Bucs should sign Josh Freeman to a long extension worthy of a franchise quarterback. The reason you want to wait to sign Freeman to that massive franchise QB contract is because of days like yesterday.

Had the Eagles secondary not S-U-C-K-E-D sucked (the Philly fans seem to fond of spelling at a first grade level, I thought I'd throw them a bone) Freeman would have been picked off four times.

Mr. Freeman, when you manage 189 yds of passing and complete only 41% of your passes against THAT defense - you sir were terrible. There's no way to candy coat it. There's no explanations or blaming the receivers for running the wrong routes or the o-line for not giving him time or what have you.

Freeman was indecisive, held the ball too long and was inaccurate when he delivered it. He got Dallas Clark, Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson lit up while reaching for high passes.

I never put much credence in Boomer Esiason's assertion that Freeman was a partier who didn't get into his playbook. Everything we've heard from the Bucs lockeroom was different. He's a hard worker on and off the field, etc. But I tell you folks, if you told me Josh was boozing it up Saturday night and playing with a hangover on Sunday, I'd full-fledge believe it.

So do we have a Donovan McNabb or Ben Rothlisberger type here in Tampa Bay? He's certainly not Eli or Drew Brees and he might not even be Andrew Luck or RG III. Right now, he's more David Garrard or Jason Campbell.

Just remember Bucs fans - Freeman is Raheem's quarterback. Schiano has no ties to him, just as John Fox had no ties to Josh McDaniel's Tebow in Denver. Now, it's not every day you have Peyton Manning hit the free agent list and I wouldn't expect that caliber of quarterback to be there this off-season - but one thing is certain - it's time Josh had a challenger and worried about his job.

4. Speaking of Freeman, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson and RG III walk into the league and have their football teams in prime position to make the post season. Freeman? 4 years, no playoffs. Were those teams any worse off than the Bucs were when Freeman got here?

I want it clear I'm not off the Josh bandwagon - I still believe him to be a quality quarterback. But if you only complete 54% of your passes on the season and can't take advantage of the NFL's worst pass defenses - you're not a great or even good QB. You're slightly above average and these are questions that beg answers.

5. Bill Sheridan should be fired. Now. Immediately. How does your defense completely rattle and destroy a rookie quarterback with six sacks and then in the final two drives you drop back and 3 rush play coverage? Then, when the kid begins to complete passes, you try blitz at just the most idiotic times, leaving your sorry secondary exposed?

The front four was pounding this cat all game long - it looked like the 99 Bucs out there for a while. Why the heck would you change?

Sheridan's defense was terrible in New York and it's just as bad here. He's had team leaders openly question his calls. We understand Schiano had a late pick and did the best he could with it - but let's not compound that mistake by being hard headed about it.

I hear Monte Kiffin is available.

6. Speaking of our god awful secondary. Yes, I know that we're playing guys that by all rights should be working at UPS right now. But how do you leave guys wide open in the deep middle of the field when you're playing prevent. How does that friggin' happen? I'm looking at you Leonard Johnson and Danny Gorrer.

Nick Foles, a rookie quarterback who has never passed for more than 251 yds in a game, goes for 381 yds, 2 touchdowns and a rushing score against you.

You have four opportunities in the final drive to end it, get off the field and win the game. Two fourth downs, a dropped pick and the final play. Make one of those and it's over and the Bucs escape thanking their lucky stars. Yet in every instance - they failed.

Downright embarrassing.

7. While Doug Martin has been a brilliant addition to the Bucs and second rounder Lavonte David has been an outstanding contributor - so far the rest of the draft has been garbage.

Mark Barron - it would be nice to see him make a play at some point. He's been the invisible man.

Najee Goode - Is he still on the team?

Keith Tandy - See Najee Goode.

Michael Smith - See Najee Goode.

Drake Dunsmore - Isn't on the team.

I don't know if two pro bowl caliber players in a draft make it a good one - but Barron is starting to inch closer to the Myron Lewis and Brian Price level of irrelevance. Missing on high picks is something the Bucs cannot continue to do.

Hopefully Barron will turn it around.

8. We've been calling Mike Sullivan the mad genius for the offense's performance this season. I have to say, in the last few weeks, he's been questionable in his decision making. Now, you can only work with what you have and truth be told if Freeman was even semi-accurate it would have been another big day for the Bucs, but let's face it. It was pretty dang evident to everyone watching that game that Freeman was off.

Yet the Bucs passed, passed and passed some more - resulting in 7 punts in the first half. Meanwhile, Doug Martin was running through the Eagles like butter...but wasn't getting the carries.

Now, one play call I didn't have a problem with was the 3rd and 8 during the final Bucs drive of the game. The Monday Morning quarterbacks are all getting uppity about not trying to throw the football in that situation rather than run it and force the Eagles to call the timeout.

I have one question to those pundits - did you see the same Josh Freeman I was seeing on Sunday?

9. The fact that the Bucs lost on Sunday was bad enough - but the way they lost made it all the more disheartening. For the third time this season, Tampa Bay blew a double digit lead. It's one thing to blow a lead to Eli Manning or Drew Brees but Nick Foles?

10. I don't expect the Buccaneers to quit despite the daunting task that is before them. Yet, it certainly feels like the collapse is on, doesn't it? From 6-4 to 6-7. We've seen this before haven't we Bucs fans? The '08 Bucs falling from 9-3 and talk of homefield advantage to 9-7 and out. The '11 Bucs going from 4-2 to 4-12. It will be interesting to see how this team finishes off.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/12/10/3750032/10-things-we-know-were-ticked-off-about-buccaneers-vs-eagles/in/3510327

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 11, 2012, 02:15:23 AM »

#5 is 100% correct.

Also, would LOVE Kiff coming back to Tampa. With that defense he brings, and this offense, man, that would be something special eventually.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
« #2 : December 11, 2012, 02:18:56 AM »

Getting Kiff back is a pipe dream IMO.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 11, 2012, 02:19:52 AM »

There was so much wrong Sunday.

Everyone should be fired and cut.

But luckily, GMs, Owners, and fans don't judge players and coaches on a game to game basis.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 11, 2012, 02:37:08 AM »

#5 is 100% correct.

Also, would LOVE Kiff coming back to Tampa. With that defense he brings, and this offense, man, that would be something special eventually.

I believe the Tampa 2 is obsolete these days.   A few teams run it, but not full time.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

« #5 : December 11, 2012, 06:23:24 AM »

I can honestly say this article sums up everything I felt on Sunday afternoon.

Everything.

What an absolutely infuriating day.

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #6 : December 11, 2012, 11:41:39 AM »

Aaargh! Just when I was starting to forget about that horrific game... still in disbelief. How in the h*ll did they let that happen? Crazy.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 11, 2012, 11:55:58 AM »

10 Things We Know We're Ticked Off About - Buccaneers vs. Eagles

The Bucs choked away a playoff possibility by dumping one to the lowly Eagles. Here's 10 things we're totally ticked off about.

It never entered my mind - the Bucs losing on Sunday. I never considered it a possibility. The Eagles were a horrible, horrible football team and the Bucs had just gone toe-to-toe with some of the best teams in the NFL - two that could very well play in New Orleans in February.

The Eagles had quit on their coach...................

I stopped reading from there. They have four of their starting five OL hurt. That would impact just about every team in the league. I swear these sports writers are getting worse as time goes by.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

« #8 : December 11, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »

Thank you #8!!! See laws of football thread.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #9 : December 11, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »

First, let Joe say that it’s darn cool and admirable that Greg Schiano, a man who much prefers obsessing in the film room versus interacting with media, takes live calls from fans on his weekly radio show on WDAE-AM 620.

Chucky wanted no part of that. His professed over-the-top ”luvv” for all things football didn’t extend to Bucs fans. Raheem Morris, well, he was happy to let it all hang out.

Last night on the air was an in-your-face event for Schiano. Fans were respectful but pointed and critical.

One such caller fingered Josh Freeman for costly clock management  late in the Eagles-Bucs game Sunday. Playing with a precious fourth-quarter lead, the caller said, Freeman barked the call for the snap with too much time remaining on the playclock, as much as 10 seconds.

The leader of the New Schiano Order didn’t specifically agree with the caller regarding the amount of times Freeman made that mistake, but Schiano did agree Freeman screwed up by snapping the ball with as many as eight seconds left while the Bucs were trying to eat as much clock as possible.

The Bucs lost on the Eagles’ final snap – with two seconds left.

Details. Details. Details. That’s the New Schiano Order mantra. Yet the Bucs continue to botch details; 12 men on the field comes to mind. Joe can only imagine the teaching that went on at One Buc Palace yesterday.http://www.joebucsfan.com/

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #10 : December 11, 2012, 05:58:55 PM »

Picture speaks volumes

Bucnaz24

Rookie

« #11 : December 11, 2012, 06:04:55 PM »

Picture speaks volumes
funny because that look freeman has I have each and every time he makes a mistake and smiles! So irritating! Lol

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : December 11, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »

What you all said plus 1000.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #13 : December 12, 2012, 12:19:37 PM »

3. Josh Freeman. All week long the fishwraps have been cooing about how the Bucs should sign Josh Freeman to a long extension worthy of a franchise quarterback. The reason you want to wait to sign Freeman to that massive franchise QB contract is because of days like yesterday.

Had the Eagles secondary not S-U-C-K-E-D sucked (the Philly fans seem to fond of spelling at a first grade level, I thought I'd throw them a bone) Freeman would have been picked off four times.

Mr. Freeman, when you manage 189 yds of passing and complete only 41% of your passes against THAT defense - you sir were terrible. There's no way to candy coat it. There's no explanations or blaming the receivers for running the wrong routes or the o-line for not giving him time or what have you.

Freeman was indecisive, held the ball too long and was inaccurate when he delivered it. He got Dallas Clark, Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson lit up while reaching for high passes.

Amazing how much "candy coat"ing has been done around here since Sunday.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Ms Elam

Starter

« #14 : December 12, 2012, 12:58:58 PM »

Freemans the man dude. Can it. If the receivers were reading the defense add good as he was then they would be where the ball often ends up. Like Dallas Clark stopping the route and during down with a big ass d lineman covering him.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 10 Things We Know We're Ticked Off About « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools