Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Young, Wild, and Free:..... A Look at the Present and Future of Josh Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 11, 2012, 08:18:01 PM

Whatever.  We'd better start giving him some real competition at the position.  That might wake his lazy butt up....start developing another REAL QB instead of backkup garbage we  usually do to go cheapo.  The Bucs don't have a track record of developing good backups like the one that just beat us last weekend.  Orlovsky's another joker.  He looks good in practice and then falls apart in real action...

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 12, 2012, 10:40:30 AM

Whatever.  We'd better start giving him some real competition at the position.  That might wake his lazy butt up....start developing another REAL QB instead of backkup garbage we  usually do to go cheapo.  The Bucs don't have a track record of developing good backups like the one that just beat us last weekend.  Orlovsky's another joker.  He looks good in practice and then falls apart in real action...

I disagree with this.  If you need to bring in a guy to spark your current guy... your current guy isn't the answer.  Plus, Freeman still has things to learn and work on.  Giving snaps to another guy isn't going to help.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 12, 2012, 12:54:06 PM

This was a phenomenally written article.

Doesn't blindly throw Freeman under the bus and cry for Alex Smith with silly rhetorical question posts.

It also doesn't cater to the blind idiotic Freeman supporter.

Freeman is a young QB that is extraordinarily inconsistent and has yet to show the ability to win 5 games in a row.

But he is just good enough to deserve a big ole' contract extension so we can ride this dirty stanky roller coaster for the next 6 years.

There will be no roller coaster ride in the near future. Those days are over. The Bucs have been competitive in EVERY game this year. With even a mediocre defense this team would have 9 or 10 wins right now and be a lock for the playoffs. Greg Schiano has had a steadying effect on the Bucs. I don't know if he can make Freeman's performance more consistent, but I believe he can get enough to win games on a regular basis. Freeman can be streaky good and streaky bad in the same game. I doubt that that can ever be completely eliminated, but I bet Schiano can limit it.

I had high expectations for the Bucs this year, but I thought Nicks and Joseph would start and Blount and Martin would rotate at RB with an occasional dose of Smith. I also envisioned Parker and Briscoe more involved and a healthy Price shoring up the DL. The roster has changed more than I imagined, but the Bucs had an opportunity to win every game. These guys don't quit. I have to wonder how they would react to a blowout loss because there haven't been any. The losses have been frustrating but not demoralizing. These guys have gone toe-to-toe with Denver and Atlanta, two of the best teams in the league. Upgrade the defense just a little, and we win those games. Give Freeman another year with these coaches and this scheme and we win those games.

Schiano made Rutgers competitive. He'll get double digit wins out of Freeman year after year.

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 12, 2012, 03:34:14 PM

Schiano made Rutgers competitive. He'll get double digit wins out of Freeman year after year.

That may be the most unintentionally hilarious post I've read here in a very long time.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 12, 2012, 04:58:32 PM

That may be the most unintentionally hilarious post I've read here in a very long time.

Oh ye of little faith.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 12, 2012, 06:37:19 PM

[If you need to bring in a guy to spark your current guy... your current guy isn't the answer.  Plus, Freeman still has things to learn and work on.  Giving snaps to another guy isn't going to help.

I'm sure if you have adult kids.....they live in your basement.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 13, 2012, 10:46:46 AM

[If you need to bring in a guy to spark your current guy... your current guy isn't the answer.  Plus, Freeman still has things to learn and work on.  Giving snaps to another guy isn't going to help.

I'm sure that if you are an adult, you live in your parents basement.

I'll add this as well, since I'm proud of my son.  I think that I did a pretty good job with him.  I was 15 when he was born.  This May he graduates from Ohio State with a degree in Exercise Science and got accepted into the graduate program there at Ohio State for Physical Therapy.  So, in essence, you are a fool.
: December 13, 2012, 10:56:39 AM TBayXXXVII

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 13, 2012, 07:21:22 PM

I'll add this as well, since I'm proud of my son.  I think that I did a pretty good job with him.  I was 15 when he was born.  This May he graduates from Ohio State with a degree in Exercise Science and got accepted into the graduate program there at Ohio State for Physical Therapy.  So, in essence, you are a fool.

You missed my point...I was being sarcastic....pretty much appears that you're into coddling is what I was saying in a round-about way.......but good on ya for standing up for your kid and beliefs....I respect that....still disagree with giving Josh a free pass tho....

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 14, 2012, 01:27:03 PM

You missed my point...I was being sarcastic....pretty much appears that you're into coddling is what I was saying in a round-about way.......but good on ya for standing up for your kid and beliefs....I respect that....still disagree with giving Josh a free pass tho....

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't get depicted well in text.

I don't think my stance is coddling... it's more of put up because you want to, or get out.  At this stage in his career, he should be past the stage where he needs to be threatened to succeed.  If he wants to and has a desire/detemination to be great, he will on his own.  If you have to force him to... move on, because he'll never be what we want unless there's a chance he can lose his job.  Basically, we'd have to make sure we have a really good backup which might cost $4-$5M per year.  So we're going to spend $15M on a starter and $5M to make sure the starter plays like a $15M QB.  That's not a good thing.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Young, Wild, and Free:..... A Look at the Present and Future of Josh Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools