Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cgnumber7

Starter

#15 : December 10, 2012, 09:50:35 PM

Is it possible to go back draft him instead of Freeman?

and who would be throwing the ball, Luke McCown, Josh Johnson?

tim tebow  ;D

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 10, 2012, 10:01:48 PM

Having him on this team would be a waste in my opinion.

It would take a boat load to acquire him and he would be taking snaps away from Doug Martin, V-Jax, Mike Williams or even more importantly they would be taking snaps away from him.

Fix the defense and the wins will come.

A good OC would allow him to be involved in the game much like how he's being used in Minnesota - he's versatile enough that he can play in the backfield, the slot or out wide....I don't see how his utilization would be a problem for others but lets take this another level....what does Mike Williams bring to the table that Percy can't match and exceed?

I don't think its between Percy and Mike.   Vincent and Mike would continue doing what they do.  We need a slot guy, Underwood has disappointed.   Percy could take his place and do return duties too.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bashear

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 10, 2012, 11:04:41 PM

He's a heckuva offensive/special teams player, for sure. I don't get the idea that he's a Schiano guy, but it's hard to know what the truth is. Two things--He's gonna be looking for money in the offseason, and I don't think he'd be available for a third. With our other, more obvious needs, I don't see how we would fit him on this team.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#18 : December 10, 2012, 11:14:37 PM

I would like to get a WR who's good with the ball. Cordalle Patterson is somebody but he'll go to high for us to be focusing on offense. Tavon Austin in the 2nd but he's a smurf. Maybe Markus Wheaton Oregon St. in the later rounds could be a guy to look at, but I want our secondary to be upgraded before we start getting fancy.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#19 : December 11, 2012, 06:22:28 AM

Money needs to be thrown at a DB

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 11, 2012, 07:04:11 AM

We need to be raiding NBA D-league teams for 7 footers...Freeman might have a shot at NOT overthrowing someone of that stature.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 11, 2012, 07:36:56 AM

Pardon Chace. He seems to lack logic and critical thinking skills.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 11, 2012, 09:51:54 AM

Hilarious coming from you. GMC comes out and plays excellent, yet he could have done more...yet you defend Freeman as if he played extraordinary. Just shows that you have a vendetta towards certain players and don't have the ability to be objective, which renders you useless for football discussions.

Now, lay your little head down Doloris. Time for "night-night".

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 11, 2012, 12:09:30 PM

I don't think its between Percy and Mike.   Vincent and Mike would continue doing what they do.  We need a slot guy, Underwood has disappointed.   Percy could take his place and do return duties too.

Percy has a Texas-sized ego. No way he signs in Tampa to be the slot, unless we give him 50 million and the rights to Hostess' "Twinkie"

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 11, 2012, 04:10:52 PM

Hilarious coming from you. GMC comes out and plays excellent, yet he could have done more...yet you defend Freeman as if he played extraordinary. Just shows that you have a vendetta towards certain players and don't have the ability to be objective, which renders you useless for football discussions.

LOL. You sure do get defensive when someone uses the same exact words on you as you used on them. What's the matter , you can dish it out but can't take it ??

Anyways , I gave credit to McCoy for having one of his few great games this season...just pointed out the simple fact that when we needed him most in that 4th quarter , he pulled another Geraldini and disappeared . Would you care to dispute that fact ??

As for your suggestion that you'd go back and draft the Migraine Primadonna over Freeman...that's just laughable. I'm a gator fan and I wouldn't even do that.

: December 11, 2012, 04:12:50 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 11, 2012, 05:47:47 PM

LOL. You sure do get defensive when someone uses the same exact words on you as you used on them. What's the matter , you can dish it out but can't take it ??

Anyways , I gave credit to McCoy for having one of his few great games this season...just pointed out the simple fact that when we needed him most in that 4th quarter , he pulled another Geraldini and disappeared . Would you care to dispute that fact ??

As for your suggestion that you'd go back and draft the Migraine Primadonna over Freeman...that's just laughable. I'm a gator fan and I wouldn't even do that.

If you couldn't see the sarcasm in the original Percy Harvin post I made, and the playful nature of the post where I suggested that you take a nap, then that's on you. I'm not mad, nor defensive about anything. A lot of my posts are peppered with sarcasm and attempts at humor. Some pick up on it, some don't. Sometimes my jokes suck, and that's fine. Not everyone bats 1.000. Makes no difference to me. I come here to try and have fun, while talking Bucs football and I never take things too seriously.

As far as "Girly Man" disappearing. Yes I do dispute it. Just rewatched the game and his presence was felt nearly the entire game. If you are expecting him to get a sack every quarter, then you are being unrealistic. He penetration and pressure was felt the entire game. Foles showed pretty good agility and pocket awareness on those last two drives, so it's a credit to him. Overall, the front four collectively did a great job of getting pressure in the guys face all day long. The crappy zone coverages and M2M coverage by the secondary was more to blame than anything.

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 11, 2012, 06:48:08 PM

Josh only occasionally makes it even to his second read, why would you bother to add a third?

Ms Elam

Starter

#27 : December 12, 2012, 09:54:08 AM

When was he a problem at UF? He had one ankle injury and PLAYED hurt in the 2008 championship game and came up big too.

"Harvin, who played for the Gators from 2006-08, reportedly was one of three players who missed the 2008 season opener after allegedly failing drug tests for marijuana - penalties dictated by university policy - although Meyer publicly blamed an injury for Harvin's absence. "

"Harvin also refused to run stadium steps with the rest of the team during offseason conditioning before the 2007 season, according to the Sporting News, and once allegedly threw wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales to the ground by his neck. "

"Harvin told strength and conditioning coaches while boycotting stadium runs, "this (expletive) ends now," according to the report, and the team played basketball as conditioning the next day. "

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_20357723/vikings-percy-harvin-reportedly-had-drug-discipline-issues

We finally got rid of all the losers like Winslow, Jackson and Talib and you guys want to give up a good pick and a big contract for a new one.
This isn't even including his beef with teammates. Now they are just rumors, but if he's willing to choke slam a coach I'm pretty sure he had no qualms about leaving Chris rainy and Faison a bloody mess (allegedly). The guys a rare electrifying athlete, the problem is he knows it and he act likes it.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools