Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Salary Cap « previous next »
Page: 1 2

N-Y

Rookie

: December 11, 2012, 10:53:12 AM

how much $ do the bucs have to spend next year?
and considering Wright suspension which gives the bucs option to cut him and get back that $ onto the salary spending... how much would he be worth?

one guy I would love to go after is rogers-cromartie... and draft another sold CB in the first round.

Bootz2004

Starter

#1 : December 11, 2012, 11:05:45 AM

Last I heard we have around $12 million left in space for this season.  Now I'm sure that's changed with the signing of players due to injury.  As far as what we have going into next season there's about $113 million committed already. My understanding is that with the space carry over that we have, our cap will be anywhere from $125-$130 million. Keep in mind several factors. The space inherited from the Skins and Cowboys playing the system as well as several players guaranteed years being over (Quincy Black, Donald Penn, ,Davin Joseph) we could save even more money by restructuring their deals or cutting them if necessary. But from what I see the cap won't be much of an issue this year.

DRC won't cost much either.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 11, 2012, 11:43:46 AM

he'll get eric wright money.  do you think thats a lot?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 11, 2012, 11:51:59 AM

Considering we're off the hook for Wrights contract next season. NOT AT ALL.

DRC is a much better player than Wright. Not even close

This guy...

Bootz2004

Starter

#4 : December 11, 2012, 12:34:18 PM

No. I try to tell people that what Wright got is peanuts compared to what top corners got. I think he would get more than Wright but not as much as say Brandon Carr or Courtland Finnegan got.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 11, 2012, 12:54:05 PM

Considering we're off the hook for Wrights contract next season. NOT AT ALL.

DRC is a much better player than Wright. Not even close

We will be lucky if we get DRC at Wright's price tag. I think we will probably see something around an average of 8.5 mil a year for DRC to the tune of 4 years and the first 2 years guaranteed. He is a local guy, so I think the chances of him signing in Tampa are pretty good.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 11, 2012, 01:00:24 PM

DRC would be a great pick up. He was all over the field for Philly in that game. Id easily sign him up here. Better than anybody we got for sure.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 11, 2012, 05:54:58 PM

I think he would get more than Wright but not as much as say Brandon Carr or Courtland Finnegan got.

so 9 mil for a CB that has flamed out with 2 teams "wont cost much".

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 11, 2012, 05:55:47 PM

DRC would be a great pick up. He was all over the field for Philly in that game. Id easily sign him up here. Better than anybody we got for sure.

bucballa - the question would be is that the DRC you are getting all year long?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 11, 2012, 06:19:43 PM

Whatever DRC we get would be an exponential upgrade and would help solidify this secondary.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#10 : December 11, 2012, 06:21:37 PM

Id be alright with bringing in DRC for the wright price (pun totally intended) if we can get rid of EW and save the cap room there. Hes a better corner IMO from what Ive seen, and Ive always been a fan of his. EW just needs to be gone.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 11, 2012, 07:22:10 PM

There are quite a few corners that would be available that have shown / played much better and have not had the turbulent up and down careers and coaches questioning their on field desire.  No way, on DRC unless it's an incentive laden deal.

Here is a list I would rather see the team look at via free agency and, of course players in the draft.

CB Cary Williams
CB Derek Cox
CB Keenan Lewis
CB Kyle Arrington
CB Michael Coe
CB Leodis McKelvin
CB Brice McCain
CB D.J. Moore

Johnthan Banks Mississippi State
Dee Milliner Alabama*
Xavier Rhodes Florida State*
Logan Ryan Rutgers*
Bradley Roby Ohio State*
Jordan Poyer Oregon State
Leon McFadden San Diego State
B.W. Webb William & Merry
Blidi Wreh-Wilson Connecticut
Robert Alford Southeastern Louisiana

I think, if the team decided to use the money that they would have had to pay Wright in 2013, Talib in 2012 and Biggers to retain his services for 2013 and sign two Free Agent corners from the list and then use two draft picks on corners from the upcoming draft and add to the likes of Johnson and Gaitor they might be able to show marked improvement in the secondary. For me the following four would be atop my wish list: Free Agency - CB Keenan Lewis & CB Michael Coe Draft: Johnthan Banks Mississippi State & Logan Ryan Rutgers. Giving the Bucs both experience, youth and depth.

Keenan Lewis
Johnthan Banks
Logan Ryan
Michael Coe
Leonard Johnson
Anthony Gaitor

Taking it a step further - I would like to see the Bucs sign Jarius Byrd and draft a Phillip Thomas.

Byrd
Barron
Thomas
Black
Tandy

Yes, I know that means drafting 3 secondary players and signing 3 secondary players - but to me until the secondary is completely revamped and overhauled the team will continue to struggle defensively.

NovaBuc

Starter

#12 : December 11, 2012, 07:40:47 PM

They can go get Coe right now, he's been released.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 12, 2012, 09:03:47 AM

We need CB and a FS. We have all the pass rushers we need, we just need them to all be healthy together. Aaron Morgan has looked good at times, Bowers seems to be improving every game. Our offensive line appears to be deep and we're fairly settled at WR.

Round 1: Best CB/FS available
Round 2: TE
Round 3: CB/FS
Round 4: RB

More than anything we need an impact player in the pass defense game. I'm open to trade up for a potentially elite CB/FS

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Checkmeout

Rookie

#14 : December 12, 2012, 09:41:04 AM

We need CB and a FS. We have all the pass rushers we need, we just need them to all be healthy together. Aaron Morgan has looked good at times, Bowers seems to be improving every game. Our offensive line appears to be deep and we're fairly settled at WR.

Round 1: Best CB/FS available
Round 2: TE
Round 3: CB/FS
Round 4: RB

More than anything we need an impact player in the pass defense game. I'm open to trade up for a potentially elite CB/FS

I like this idea, plus we have that extra fourth to play with following the Talib trade.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Salary Cap « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools