Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Noah's Flood actually happened? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 12, 2012, 04:41:37 PM

One Truth; your hick gospel doesnt apply to us that think for ourselves.

This guy...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 13, 2012, 09:16:18 AM

Yet somehow Gilgamesh came first...

Easily explained...

Satan went back in time and placed those stories there to undermine Christianity.

And yes, I've heard that as an explanation for other stories that predated the Bible.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#32 : December 13, 2012, 09:50:50 AM

o great here comes joe to explain the why's and how for's

spartan

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 13, 2012, 02:00:51 PM

Yet somehow Gilgamesh came first...

Easily explained...

Satan went back in time and placed those stories there to undermine Christianity.

And yes, I've heard that as an explanation for other stories that predated the Bible.

Well, it's a stupid one. More likely they share a common ancestral event and the Sumerians learnt to write first.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#34 : December 13, 2012, 02:06:44 PM

They did. The Sumerians developed cuneiform. I believe the tale of Gilgamesh was discovered on a cuneiform tablet.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 13, 2012, 07:55:28 PM

It was, with the oldest tablet found originating about 1800BC. The oldest Hebrow(ish) found writings are from 1000BC. I don't think the Bible says exactly when the Noah story is supposed to happen but Gilgamesh was supposed to be around about 2700BC. Sumeria and Israel aren't that far away from each other so it is absolutely feasible the story existed and was passed on by word of mouth until eventually both civilizations put pen to paper, or stick to tablet for the Sumerians. I think the stories are similar enough to more than likely to have had a common origination point or, same event different survivors/participants.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 15, 2012, 07:06:13 AM

The legend of Gilgamesh probably was based on a localized historical event.

Epic of Gilgamesh. But you are spot on.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Noah's Flood actually happened? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools