Boards > Pirate's Cove

Unions - Best Foot Forward . . .Err . . Best Fist Forward

(1/5) > >>

CalcuttaRain:
LOL

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/12/24948-union-thugs-attack-injure-conservative-comedian-steven-crowder/

Simple question:  If unions are so good for workers why do unions oppose voluntary membership?   :-[

GameTime:
freeloaders

Cyrus:
Here's the scheme.

First, non-dues paying employees receive the same pay and benefits as the dues paying union members......There's the carrot.

But, then later on and after the unions have been emasculated...out comes the stick.

CBWx2:

--- Quote from: Durango 95 on December 12, 2012, 12:36:24 AM ---Here's the scheme.

First, non-dues paying employees receive the same pay and benefits as the dues paying union members......There's the carrot.

But, then later on and after the unions have been emasculated...out comes the stick.

--- End quote ---

Exactly. Union membership is voluntary. But whether you are in the union or not, as an employee of a company you still get the benefit of union representation, because you get any raises or benefits that the union negotiates. So is it fair that an employee should get the benefit of union representation without having to pay for it, and why would a person choose to pay when they get the benefits anyway?

Once enough people opt not to pay, the union goes bye bye and so does collective bargaining, good wages, good benefits, etc. Management wins, the workers lose.

tripblood:
I think as NFL fans, seeing the Saints bounty investigation would show the importance of having unions in place... Thats just me though

spartan:

--- Quote from: CBWx2 on December 12, 2012, 03:45:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: Durango 95 on December 12, 2012, 12:36:24 AM ---Here's the scheme.

--- End quote ---

Exactly. Union membership is voluntary. But whether you are in the union or not, as an employee of a company you still get the benefit of union representation, because you get any raises or benefits that the union negotiates. So is it fair that an employee should get the benefit of union representation without having to pay for it, and why would a person choose to pay when they get the benefits anyway?

Once enough people opt not to pay, the union goes bye bye and so does collective bargaining, good wages, good benefits, etc. Management wins, the workers lose.

--- End quote ---

So why can't Unions just negotiate for their members?

Chief Joseph:

Non union members also pay into the union's pension funds and health and welfare funds. Unions make many times more off of these contributions than they do off of dues.

Same two useful idiots with no clue what they're talking about.

tripblood:

--- Quote from: Illuminator on December 12, 2012, 09:01:48 AM ---
Non union members also pay into the union's pension funds and health and welfare funds. Unions make many times more off of these contributions than they do off of dues.

Same two useful idiots with no clue what they're talking about.

--- End quote ---

I dont think you were including me with the "idiots" comment.. but I gotta ask, because im pretty ignorant on the topic..

Are you completely against unions? Was the Saints bounty investigation handled fairly before interference by the NFLPA?

Chief Joseph:

Unions, in their current state, are little more than parasites living off the decaying corpses of the companies they've infected.

"Useful idiot" has a specific meaning, trippy:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

tripblood:

--- Quote from: Illuminator on December 12, 2012, 09:12:07 AM ---"Useful idiot" has a specific meaning, trippy:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

--- End quote ---

Thanks for sharing. This term applies to many

Also, extra props for posting the link, via cellphone. I can relate thats a pain in the azz!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version