Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unions - Best Foot Forward . . .Err . . Best Fist Forward « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
: December 11, 2012, 07:41:28 PM

LOL

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/12/24948-union-thugs-attack-injure-conservative-comedian-steven-crowder/

Simple question:  If unions are so good for workers why do unions oppose voluntary membership?   :-[

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 11, 2012, 08:57:11 PM

freeloaders

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 12, 2012, 12:36:24 AM

Here's the scheme.

First, non-dues paying employees receive the same pay and benefits as the dues paying union members......There's the carrot.

But, then later on and after the unions have been emasculated...out comes the stick.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 12, 2012, 03:45:40 AM

Here's the scheme.

First, non-dues paying employees receive the same pay and benefits as the dues paying union members......There's the carrot.

But, then later on and after the unions have been emasculated...out comes the stick.

Exactly. Union membership is voluntary. But whether you are in the union or not, as an employee of a company you still get the benefit of union representation, because you get any raises or benefits that the union negotiates. So is it fair that an employee should get the benefit of union representation without having to pay for it, and why would a person choose to pay when they get the benefits anyway?

Once enough people opt not to pay, the union goes bye bye and so does collective bargaining, good wages, good benefits, etc. Management wins, the workers lose.
: December 12, 2012, 03:47:45 AM CBWx2

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 12, 2012, 07:51:59 AM

I think as NFL fans, seeing the Saints bounty investigation would show the importance of having unions in place... Thats just me though

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

spartan

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 12, 2012, 08:55:20 AM

Here's the scheme.

Exactly. Union membership is voluntary. But whether you are in the union or not, as an employee of a company you still get the benefit of union representation, because you get any raises or benefits that the union negotiates. So is it fair that an employee should get the benefit of union representation without having to pay for it, and why would a person choose to pay when they get the benefits anyway?

Once enough people opt not to pay, the union goes bye bye and so does collective bargaining, good wages, good benefits, etc. Management wins, the workers lose.

So why can't Unions just negotiate for their members?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#6 : December 12, 2012, 09:01:48 AM

Non union members also pay into the union's pension funds and health and welfare funds. Unions make many times more off of these contributions than they do off of dues.

Same two useful idiots with no clue what they're talking about.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 12, 2012, 09:04:35 AM

Non union members also pay into the union's pension funds and health and welfare funds. Unions make many times more off of these contributions than they do off of dues.

I dont think you were including me with the "idiots" comment.. but I gotta ask, because im pretty ignorant on the topic..

Are you completely against unions? Was the Saints bounty investigation handled fairly before interference by the NFLPA?

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 12, 2012, 09:12:07 AM

Unions, in their current state, are little more than parasites living off the decaying corpses of the companies they've infected.

"Useful idiot" has a specific meaning, trippy:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 12, 2012, 09:29:01 AM

"Useful idiot" has a specific meaning, trippy:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

Thanks for sharing. This term applies to many

Also, extra props for posting the link, via cellphone. I can relate thats a pain in the azz!

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 12, 2012, 11:57:20 AM

How exactly does that invalidate what I wrote? It doesn't, because the plan is to bust the unions which is exactly the strategy at work.

Congratulations on being a better bookkeeper than me but if you going to casting disparaging remarks you should actually provide a reason that relates to what I was addressing ie. a management strategy. Nowhere have I voiced an opinion pro or con.....so take this w/ you......

........**CENSORED** You.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 12, 2012, 12:13:38 PM

So now you're going to act like a pissy little girl because you made a fool out of yourself? Next time have a clue or just go back to being CBW's yesboy.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 12, 2012, 01:24:18 PM

I dont think you were including me with the "idiots" comment.. but I gotta ask, because im pretty ignorant on the topic..

Are you completely against unions? Was the Saints bounty investigation handled fairly before interference by the NFLPA?

The NFLPA isn't a Union!!

I for one am not against Unions completely, but I am against closed shops and I think Unions in their current form have overstepped their original purpose. They have become a detriment to their members and not a benefit. To be honest I don't think the Unions actually give a crap about their members any more. People complain about Corporations etc, today on this board no less, but when Unions permit companies to go under and people lose their jobs to avoid a 'dangerous precedent' on contracts that will restrict the amount of dues and payments to the Union, you have to ask the question what is their prime focus?
: December 12, 2012, 01:26:25 PM spartan

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 12, 2012, 04:44:34 PM

The NFLPA isn't a Union!!

Yeah it is

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 12, 2012, 06:08:50 PM

Here's the scheme.

Exactly. Union membership is voluntary. But whether you are in the union or not, as an employee of a company you still get the benefit of union representation,

You mean like the benefits Hostess employees got?

That argument is a joke BECAUSE if the "benefits of union representation" were so good there would only be fraction that would not pay dues, if any. Ridiculous

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unions - Best Foot Forward . . .Err . . Best Fist Forward « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools