Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Sheridan is not the problem with this defense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

bucs63

Starter

#15 : December 12, 2012, 10:51:45 AM

This Sanders guy must have read my posts in the "Defensive changes needed for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers" thread yesterday. Schiano has some strong core beliefs defensively and Sheridan is implementing his scheme. Sure Sheridan has his hands in it and there could be issues there. But he is working with a bunch of journeymen, save one, on the DL and rookies and FA's, some that have no business being on an active roster, in the secondary.

Schiano came here to win games and if he believes Sheridan is part of the problem we'll find out soon enough in the offseason.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 12, 2012, 10:54:59 AM

This Sanders guy must have read my posts in the "Defensive changes needed for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers" thread yesterday. Schiano has some strong core beliefs defensively and Sheridan is implementing his scheme. Sure Sheridan has his hands in it and there could be issues there. But he is working with a bunch of journeymen, save one, on the DL and rookies and FA's, some that have no business being on an active roster, in the secondary.
Schiano came here to win games and if he believes Sheridan is part of the problem we'll find out soon enough in the offseason.

Hang on... this tells me know that we're back to it being Dominik's fault.

Boy this is confusing.

RenoBuc

Second String
#17 : December 12, 2012, 10:57:45 AM

Personally, I like the aggressiveness of our D. The thing I can't figure out is how Schiano can be so aggressive on defense and so passive on offense.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 12, 2012, 11:10:56 AM

So basically, the article is saying that Schiano is the problem and not Sheridan.

I think it's a fair asessment. It's a questionable scheme to begin with, but much worse when you consider how ill-suited it is to our personnel.
: December 12, 2012, 11:22:38 AM bradentonian

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 12, 2012, 11:20:20 AM

Personally, I like the aggressiveness of our D. The thing I can't figure out is how Schiano can be so aggressive on defense and so passive on offense.

Because it's what worked for him in college.  It does too... at least in the Big East where there isn't a lot of talent.  Unfortunately, the NFL has a lot of talent.  He'll have to adjust something or he won't be here long.
: December 12, 2012, 11:23:56 AM TBayXXXVII

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 12, 2012, 11:23:31 AM

So basically, the article is saying that Schiano is the problem and not Sheridan.

I think it's a fair asessment. It's a questionable scheme to begin with, but much worse when you consist how ill-suited it is to our personnel.

Well, the personnel issue would then fall on Dominik's shoulders.  So is it the scheme, the personnel, or both.  If it's both, we're in trouble.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 12, 2012, 11:26:33 AM

I think it's a fair asessment. It's a questionable scheme to begin with, but much worse when you consist how ill-suited it is to our personnel.

Well, the personnel issue would then fall on Dominik's shoulders.  So is it the scheme, the personnel, or both.  If it's both, we're in trouble.

The personnel is what it is. We have the guys we have.  Not scheming to utilize that personnel properly falls on the coach.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 12, 2012, 11:27:02 AM

Everyone said they wanted an aggressive downhill scheme. Here we are.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 12, 2012, 11:27:41 AM

FWIW it certainly appeared that Schiano had a lot of input on personnel moves this year as well

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 12, 2012, 11:30:18 AM

I don't see anything wrong with the scheme in terms of aggressiveness. With guys like David, Foster, and Barron, you'd be wasting them by not blitzing. Even Biggers looks like he could be a good blitzer, but he's also the best cover corner, so he doesn't get his chances.
We sure know Barron can't cover.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucs63

Starter

#25 : December 12, 2012, 11:30:32 AM

Boy this is confusing.
Not necessarily. Dominik didn't cause the key injuries and it's not like he traded the best corner. OK, but Talib needed to go and that ain't leaving Sheridan much to work with.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 12, 2012, 11:32:56 AM

If Sheridan was not the guy Schiano wanted, fire him and get the guy you want. If Sheridan was the guy Schiano wanted then keep him. Playcalling is not the problem with this defense.

Fans **CENSORED**ed about blitzing to much and leaving our CB on an island because they were getting burned. We started with a 3 man rush and fans **CENSORED**ed about that because we were getting burned. If you don't have the horses to win the race, it doesn't matter what race you run.

I think criticism is more about the design of the blitzes rather than the fact that we are blitzing. We run some of the dumbest blitzes I've ever seen. We blitz safeties constantly, which is fine, but don't blitz them when they aren't even in the box. The are multiple passing downs per game that Sheridan will dial up a blitz from Ronde/Barron/Black and they are 10 yards from the LOS when the ball is snapped, then. That player has virtually no chance of causing pressure, let alone, getting to the QB. They also are predictable and show their hand way to early. I believe that a lot of the problem with the blitzes is probably a personnel issue and with a stronger DL and maybe a blitzing LB picked up, things will be better next year in attempts at blitzing the QB.

Also, I think people get ticked off when the defense drops 8 or 9 into coverage OR sends 6-7 rushers on 3rd and long situations. There is a middle ground that can be met between those two extremes.

Wait, now it's back to being Schiano's fault?

Is this sarcasm?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 12, 2012, 11:34:48 AM

Boy this is confusing.

How exactly does it tell you that?

Our number 1 and 2 CB have been traded or suspended. Our number 3 biggers has been hurt for most of the year and our IR is full of other CB of all kinds (drafted, FA, UDFA) So not Dominicks fault for injuries happening in the NFL.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 12, 2012, 12:11:36 PM

The personnel is what it is. We have the guys we have.  Not scheming to utilize that personnel properly falls on the coach.

Ab-so-lute-ly.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 12, 2012, 12:19:29 PM

We are passive on offense? Is that why we throw the ball deep so much?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill Sheridan is not the problem with this defense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools