Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We dropped 3 in the power rankings.... (ESPN) « previous next »
Page: 1

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: December 12, 2012, 07:20:49 AM

No team that loses at home to the Eagles should be part of the playoff discussion. (Sando)
For the first time in 70 days, they won a game. Welcome to Philadelphia, Nick Foles. Stay awhile. (Graziano)

Status quo at the top? Not quite.

Credit a Monday night laugher and a Cam Newton-led upset for the latest shakeup.

The New England Patriots solidified their place among the AFC's elite by trouncing the Houston Texans 42-14 on MNF.

That impressive display, combined with the Atlanta Falcons' surprising loss to Newton's Carolina Panthers, gave our voters (ESPN.com's John Clayton, ESPN.com's Ashley Fox, NFC East blogger Dan Graziano, AFC North blogger Jamison Hensley and NFC West blogger Mike Sando) no choice but to hand the reins to New England for the first time since Week 2.

Houston and Atlanta -- No. 1 and No. 2 since Week 11 -- fell to No. 3 and No. 5, respectively.

Is there a fall in the Patriots' future? It depends on how Tom Brady & Co. handle their next test, which comes right away. Week 15 pits New England against the No. 4 San Francisco 49ers in a potential Super Bowl preview.

If the Pats prevail, their remaining schedule (at Jacksonville in Week 16, home vs. Miami in Week 17) suggests they'll hold serve down the stretch. If they lose, the status quo will likely be altered yet again. The question is which teams will take advantage.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 12, 2012, 07:54:59 AM

No team that loses at home to the Eagles should be part of the playoff discussion. (Sando)

Last I checked the playoff teams are decided by best record , not a discussion , so piss off Sando.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 12, 2012, 08:04:56 AM

We dropped three spots? Oh my God! I can't take it!

Dos anybody really care about power rankings on here except Morgan?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 12, 2012, 01:14:45 PM

You do. O/w you wouldn't have bothered to post in a thread clearly about the power rankings.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 12, 2012, 01:17:48 PM

Mediocre team. They arent far from being a very good team or bad team. Good for us I think if the defense figures some stuff out, as does Freeman, then this team will be ready for a nice run next year. They hung with every team they lost to this year. A few improvements then those are games they oughta win right? Hopefully the guys running the team know how to fix a defense.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 12, 2012, 01:31:34 PM

Gotta spend more FA money next off season, don't we?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 12, 2012, 01:37:44 PM

You do. O/w you wouldn't have bothered to post in a thread clearly about the power rankings.

Of course he does.   Joe always posts the power rankings when the Bucs do well.   

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 12, 2012, 01:56:24 PM

He's like one of those annoying people who butt into conversations when no one cares what he thinks.
You just want to tell him to........
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We dropped 3 in the power rankings.... (ESPN) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools