Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is what Dominik has assembled to defend against the NFL's elite QBs: « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

traew01

Pro Bowler

#30 : December 12, 2012, 06:45:08 PM

These other guys people are clamoring for were never going to come here. Carr, was ALWAYS going to be a Cowboy, Joseph was too expensive the year before. The decision that is the bad decision is trading down to take Barron.

Nah. It was good too. Maybe we don't see it now in light of the current help around him or the system he's in.

All he has out there to help, ..is Barber (who has admitted losing a step). And he gets no help from a DC that causes him to be singled out at times with his playcalls (especially if the line gets no pressure).

I can give this rookie time to grow, especially if Tampa can bring in a CB worthy of being a #1, or at least have a respectable passrush.

You accuse other people of "having an agenda" and yet you can't seem to find a single move that even rates a "questionable". 

Buy a mirror.

Amen. No matter how many losing seasons this team has under Mark Dominik there will be his legion of Rock Star sheep who will defend him to the end.

Damn. Give me a check book and I could convince VJ and Nicks to come here as well.

But to have the worst defense in the history of an abysmal franchise - and add a SINGLE free agent on defense - that cannot be justified. Never. Ever. I don't care who was out there or how much they cost. You had to do more.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 12, 2012, 10:10:50 PM

Eric Wright works for me. We do need more help in the defensive backfield though. HAVE to get a CB this off-season.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 12, 2012, 10:19:32 PM

Eric Wright works for me.
Is that where he gets his supply from?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 12, 2012, 11:01:43 PM

nice - two fa's and a draft pick or two at cb - and being right at least twice would be nice

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 13, 2012, 02:11:34 AM

These other guys people are clamoring for were never going to come here. Carr, was ALWAYS going to be a Cowboy, Joseph was too expensive the year before. The decision that is the bad decision is trading down to take Barron.

Nah. It was good too. Maybe we don't see it now in light of the current help around him or the system he's in.

All he has out there to help, ..is Barber (who has admitted losing a step). And he gets no help from a DC that causes him to be singled out at times with his playcalls (especially if the line gets no pressure).

I can give this rookie time to grow, especially if Tampa can bring in a CB worthy of being a #1, or at least have a respectable passrush.

You accuse other people of "having an agenda" and yet you can't seem to find a single move that even rates a "questionable". 

Buy a mirror.

Amen. No matter how many losing seasons this team has under Mark Dominik there will be his legion of Rock Star sheep who will defend him to the end.

Damn. Give me a check book and I could convince VJ and Nicks to come here as well.

But to have the worst defense in the history of an abysmal franchise - and add a SINGLE free agent on defense - that cannot be justified. Never. Ever. I don't care who was out there or how much they cost. You had to do more.

1. I think Dom is a better person, has more interest in the team, and has been more successful with drafts than Bruce Allen. Do I think he's The greatest ever? No. But I'm damn sure happy we have him, because we damn sure could have worse.

2. Yeah, checkbooks don't always matter, ask Cortland. He wanted to go where he had friends/people he already knew. No matter what, he knew he was getting paid.

3. I have questioned the McCoy pick for some time now. IDK if drafting a DT in the top three is a good move, and I doubt we will ever be truly rewarded for it. Price, Myron, Wright, Black, all were terrible moves. The numero uno happens to be the MC80 contract. Believe me Doc, Dom is not without fault, but he's certainly better than most alternatives.

Stop acting like the guy should go put pads on. He drafts players that statistically can play the game, mostly captains even. If they aren't playing well, maybe it's the system or players themselves? I guess Dom gets no credit when the team is on a winning streak with a offense that obviously has huge upside and can put up big numbers.

Also, VJ and Martin were both picked up by Dom. Both players are about to break Buccaneers all-time records. Freeman as well.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#35 : December 13, 2012, 02:15:31 AM

He picked up Derrick Ward as well.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 13, 2012, 02:20:04 AM

He picked up Derrick Ward as well.

Meh, hard to call with Rah being the HC.

That pretty much applies to just about everyone on the team. Schiano would have him running 1000+yards a season, judging by how the Giants had used him well.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#37 : December 13, 2012, 02:22:08 AM

Schiano specializes in defense.    Whatever success Ward would have had under this regime would have been all on Sullivan.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 13, 2012, 07:23:21 AM

Ward would be a 1000 yard back if Schiano were coach back in 2009....smells like that one came right out of your ass.

I'm fine with Dom's drafts since '09. His success/fail rate is comparable to other GMs. Where Dom fails, is in free agency. Ward, MC80, Q.B., Trueblood, Davin Joseph, Eric Wright all were terrible signings in which he vastly overpaid for mediocre guys that did nothing to make the team better. Nicks and V-jax were a step in the right direction, so hopefully future FA pickups are more like those two and less like any of the other moves he has made.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 13, 2012, 07:39:53 AM

Just so I know - Clayton, Black, Trueblood and Joseph transitioned from draft pics to FA status bc they made it to FA?  Or are they doubly questionable having met both criteria...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 13, 2012, 08:09:24 AM

Dummynik's specialty is not talent evaluation , his specialty is being a "yes man" for this brain trust of football acumen :

It is known.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 13, 2012, 12:44:07 PM

My choice was to dump Talib, never sign Wright, and get a new #1 and #2 corner

its a shame we wasted our time on nicks and vjax.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 13, 2012, 12:50:24 PM

My choice was to dump Talib, never sign Wright, and get a new #1 and #2 corner

its a shame we wasted our time on nicks and vjax.

That plan wouldn't prevent us from getting Vjax or Nicks.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 13, 2012, 01:28:28 PM

That plan wouldn't prevent us from getting Vjax or Nicks.

just for debate, how would you have gone about it?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 13, 2012, 01:36:28 PM

It's easy  to say we could have grabbed Nicks, V-Jax, and Carr/Finnegan all in the same offseason.

A lot harder to do hard to do when there are 32 teams out there that all have the means to do it, aren't coming off of 4 wins, have a better pedigree, well-known coaches, etc.

I get people knocking Dom for overpaying for  Wright, but  I think people have unrealistic views of how the world works if they think he blew it by not getting Carr or Finnegan.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is what Dominik has assembled to defend against the NFL's elite QBs: « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools