Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO SAID FREEMAN IS A WORK IN PROGRESS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 12, 2012, 09:34:53 PM

And Chace, when Free is bad, he is the worst, and kills the Bucs chances.

The BUcs should have been up by at least two scores going into the half, against the Eagles, IMO.  He could have directed the offense better in the first half.

You never know what you get with Free.  Was he jumpy because it was a sold out stadium with former Buc champs in presence?  Maybe.  But is that an excuse?  Maybe the stage gets too big for Free.  But he sure looks nervous at times, to me.  Mostly in pressure games, on national TV, against vaunted opponents.  Good QBs look like Generals when they hit the primetime.  Freeman looks like a nervous kid out there, and it is obvious, and it has been mentioned before.

I can deal without the inconsistency.  If you dont know what you are going to get from game to game, how the eff are they going to be able to implement an effective offensive gameplan?  If the BUcs had Freeman during their heyday, they might have won 2 Superbowls, rather than 1.  Maybe 3.

But Free doesn't have that luxury of being able to coast like an atypical game managing QB. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 12, 2012, 09:48:31 PM

Yup. It's a different NFL. At the very least, you are going to need a really good QB who can win at least a few big games and play good ball for 4 qtrs. I'm not confident that we have that guy.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 12, 2012, 09:58:09 PM

I'm not convinced we DON'T have that guy. I think he may be able to do it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 12, 2012, 10:05:50 PM

Based on what?  Hope and a dream?

That works for me, just have to be honest though.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 12, 2012, 10:32:30 PM

Based on what?  Hope and a dream?

That works for me, just have to be honest though.

You make it sound like he's done absolutely nothing. Don't deny he's shown flashes. He most certainly can get better. He's got some serious potential. Lets see if he puts the time in and taps into that second half Freeman that plays so well. He's really just gotta be more consistent. I think that comes with experience and time. For fans, patience.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#20 : December 12, 2012, 10:35:57 PM

There's at least 15 teams in the league that would love to have freeman  on their squad. Starting he's a top 15 qb imo. He's never had the same o coordinator once in his career and he's getting better. You know the dude can come back in the 4th qt stop lying to yourselves and saying that the dude gets skittish when the game is on the line or he folds under pressure. If our pass D wasn't probably one of the worst to ever be assembled we would probably of won about 3 more games when free got us a lead in the 4th qt. Free is inconsistent I'll give yall that, he needs to work on it def.  But he can do some amazing things when he's on that only the very best in the game can do at some points too.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 12, 2012, 10:52:10 PM

LMAO - okay - it would be better for the bucs if Freeman could show he is the guy, and the bucs could get a new deal done.  But no, i don't think 15 teams would be jumping for joy to get a shot at a qb who leads the league in flippin' inconsistency. 

I do think there would be a pretty large group of QBs who would like to work with the bucs "skil players" like Jax, Mikewill, and Martin...
: December 12, 2012, 11:05:06 PM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 12, 2012, 11:03:18 PM

"Work in Progress" sounds like a spot-on description to me. Josh has not looked like a franchise QB over the course of this season. I'd wait 'til he gets another year under Sullivan before giving him a rich contract, even though it'll likely cost more...
Obviously he's got the physical skills, but has been too inconsistant for the Bucs to really committ to him long-term.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 12, 2012, 11:07:12 PM

I think the bucs should and will take a shot at re-signing Josh as soon as the season is over.  He isn't going well - but shows signs of getting it - so I think the bucs should be able to get a decent price for Freeman's services.  And before I hear about the TD's to interceptions - watch the first half against the Eagles....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 13, 2012, 12:15:31 AM

There's at least 15 teams in the league that would love to have freeman  on their squad.

I would be lying if I said it wasn't for entertainment purposes...

but nonetheless...would you mind naming those "15 teams" for us?

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#25 : December 13, 2012, 03:40:16 PM

Sure clev, jax, min, stl, ari, buf, kc, oak, nyj, ten,phi The other clubs whose starters he would def compete with and have more then a decent chance to start - car, min, mia, sd.

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 13, 2012, 03:41:43 PM

Sure clev, jax, min, stl, ari, buf, kc, oak, nyj, ten,phi The other clubs whose starters he would def compete with and have more then a decent chance to start - car, min, mia, sd.

Do you even watch football?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 13, 2012, 03:47:48 PM

You said "min" twice.

St. Louis belongs on the maybe list, IMO. You give Bradford just one of the Bucs 2 WRs and he could easily match Freeman's production since '10.
He would have a chance to start over Cam. Cam is too dynamic to be benched in favor of Freeman.

I pretty much agree with the rest of the 10 on the left.

So I think that instead of 15, it probably could have said:

"There's at least 10 teams in the league that would love to have freeman on their squad."

but 15 wasn't too unreasonable.

Ms Elam

Starter

#28 : December 13, 2012, 03:55:55 PM

Four years and counting!

What's the rush?  We got forever to watch him develop!  Right?
Well when you put it like that, it has been 4 years right.... Even if he spent his first 3"developing"with the worst coaching staff the nfl has possibly ever seen.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 13, 2012, 03:58:51 PM

You said "min" twice.

St. Louis belongs on the maybe list, IMO. You give Bradford just one of the Bucs 2 WRs and he could easily match Freeman's production since '10.
He would have a chance to start over Cam. Cam is too dynamic to be benched in favor of Freeman.

I pretty much agree with the rest of the 10 on the left.

So I think that instead of 15, it probably could have said:

"There's at least 10 teams in the league that would love to have freeman on their squad."

but 15 wasn't too unreasonable.

You know what Chace (while I'm with you), give him 15.  Let's say there are 15 teams that would get an upgrade by having Freeman.  Doesn't that then mean that half of the QB's are better and half are worse?  That essentailly makes him... AVERAGE!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO SAID FREEMAN IS A WORK IN PROGRESS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools