Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett talks about pending free agency « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 13, 2012, 01:44:24 PM

He's the best player on the current defense.

I don't know if that is saying much.

I'm all for stock piling DEs (Justin Tuck, Osi, Mathias Kiwanuka, JPP)

But I'm not sure if this management is

We've used a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick on DTs since 2009, and a 1st and 2nd on DEs 2011. I think management is game.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 13, 2012, 08:26:31 PM

Gotta resign him, I think they will make it top priority.  The wish list is already long enough as it is.  No need to make it longer by letting Bennett go, and drafting someone you HOPE can replace his productivity.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 13, 2012, 08:35:55 PM

Gotta resign him, I think they will make it top priority.  The wish list is already long enough as it is.  No need to make it longer by letting Bennett go, and drafting someone you HOPE can replace his productivity.

My hope is that they resign him, and hopefully do it close to the contract that QB received...that way they can cut QB and give it to a player who actually contributes.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 13, 2012, 08:42:44 PM

My hope is that they resign him, and hopefully do it close to the contract that QB received...that way they can cut QB and give it to a player who actually contributes.

Quincy could be a goner.     Maybe Blount too.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 13, 2012, 11:16:34 PM

I think Bennet has earned a pay day. Not only for the reason he has done well this season, he has got better over the last 3 years. Now if he all of a sudden gets an ego and makes ridiculous demands, he probably ought to go. He is not (yet) Simeon Rice.  If he wants a good but reasonable payday, bring him back in a heartbeat.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett talks about pending free agency « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools