Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs' coach Schiano demands 'focus' as practice begins Wednesday « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: December 13, 2012, 12:17:04 AM

Bucs' coach Schiano demands 'focus' as practice begins

CLIFF McBRIDE/STAFF
Schiano, shown during an October game, told his team: "If you want to be elite, you have to work elite. You can't just work excellent."

By ROY CUMMINGS| The Tampa Tribune
Published: December 12, 2012

TAMPA --

Hoping to break a three-game losing streak, Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano gathered his players prior to the start of practice Wednesday and demanded they "focus'' on doing their jobs and getting better.

"I want 100 percent focus on doing your job,'' Schiano told players as they began preparations for Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints at the Mercedes Benz Superdome.

"I don't want you thinking about some college bowl game that's coming up or about what you're doing later on today. Focus on your job and being elite, because if you want to be elite, you have to work elite. You can't just work excellent.''

The Bucs are coming off a 23-21 loss to the Eagles at home on Sunday that dropped them to 6-7 on the season, two games behind Seattle in the race for the NFC's final wild card berth.

Schiano followed up his speech be getting hands on with the linebackers and defensive backs during the individual portion of the workout.

Right guard Jamon Meredith, who briefly left the Eagles game with an unspecified injury, spent the early portion of the workout riding a stationary bicycle.

Nose tackle Roy Miller (head injury) and cornerback LeQuan Lewis (knee injury) returned to practice after missing the Eagles game.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 13, 2012, 01:29:56 AM

After running the ball on 3 and 8, Schiano can go "Focus" himself.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 13, 2012, 05:06:44 AM

BURN!!!  ;D :P

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 13, 2012, 07:46:06 AM

I bet Derrick Ward would have rushed for 9 yards on that play....

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 13, 2012, 07:58:25 AM

Yes but Biggs said it was a great call because " Freeman couldn't be trusted " .

Issue resolved....or didn't you get that memo ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#5 : December 13, 2012, 08:40:42 AM

I like it, lets be elite.

All this 3rd and 8 chatter is for the birds. 

Rewatch the game, that play was going to be huge if someone doesn't blow a block on the outside (appears either Dotson or Clark).

Either way, can't change it now so let's beat us some Aints!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 13, 2012, 09:48:45 AM

These pass-happy folk would be unhappy as h... if we had an incomplete pass... stopping the clock and letting them keep a TO...
     Schiano made the right call; no way he could foresee his All-Pro punter shanking a punt, especially in that situation...

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 13, 2012, 09:56:06 AM

Schiano's made some questionable calls throughout the course of the season, but consider a few things...

- he's never coached an NFL team.
- we were last year's Arizona Cardinals.
- every player is in a new system.
- we're missing, arguably, our two best offensive players.
- our best pass rusher and both of our starting corners are gone.

... and despite that, we're playing everybody close.  That cannot be discounted.  Schiano needs to smooth out some of the wrinkles, but the work he's done with our team this season has earned him a boatload of credibility.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 13, 2012, 10:31:50 AM

Schiano's made some questionable calls throughout the course of the season, but consider a few things...

... and despite that, we're playing everybody close.  That cannot be discounted.  Schiano needs to smooth out some of the wrinkles, but the work he's done with our team this season has earned him a boatload of credibility.

I pretty much agree with all points except for the "two best offensive players" being out. Nicks, yes. Davin, no. I would rank Davin as the 8th best(or 4th worst) offensive starter. Dude has not played well for the last 2-3 years.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#9 : December 13, 2012, 10:39:01 AM

I sure like the "beef", as someone else noted, we are bringing in at guard. 

Hopefully that is a shout out to Zuttah that we won't have to replace you with Larsen next year if an injury arises.  Maybe even competition to Davin, as I agree he has been overrated.  I will say, the dude looks like he is killing his upper body right now.  Saw him out front of the game last Sunday, and he wasn't lying on Ronde's Thanksgiving show about Butler putting him to work

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 13, 2012, 10:47:04 AM

I pretty much agree with all points except for the "two best offensive players" being out. Nicks, yes. Davin, no. I would rank Davin as the 8th best(or 4th worst) offensive starter. Dude has not played well for the last 2-3 years.

It's definitely an arguable point, but I think Davin's a better guard than, say... Clark is a tight end, or Lorig is a fullback, or Williams is a receiver, etc, etc.  At the very least, his absence hurts the team more than a little bit.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 13, 2012, 01:02:36 PM

"focus" codename for Adderall?

They sure as hell need it...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 13, 2012, 01:20:01 PM

I like it, lets be elite.

All this 3rd and 8 chatter is for the birds. 

Rewatch the game, that play was going to be huge if someone doesn't blow a block on the outside (appears either Dotson or Clark).

Either way, can't change it now so let's beat us some Aints!

like the post.  and as its been pointed out, martin had been ripping some long ones previously.  in hindsight, it wasnt the right call.  but it wasnt as awful as most are making it out to be.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 13, 2012, 01:24:55 PM

And they werent focused then. Imagine the team we see now.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 13, 2012, 01:37:17 PM

So according to you Davin Joseph is a better player at his position than Vincent Jackson? Give the man some respect, I wouldnt even put Nicks in Jackson's class.

Michael Bennett is just as proven as AC rushing the passer.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs' coach Schiano demands 'focus' as practice begins Wednesday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools