Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Name a rookie that was a steal in the 2012 draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gone

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 13, 2012, 07:59:42 PM

I guess  RG3 since Washington "swooped in" to steal him. 

Andrew Luck should be in there then too -- if the number 2 pick can be called a "steal" why not number one?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 13, 2012, 11:18:17 PM

Vontaze Burfict Bengals as UDFA

This would be my pick. Would've loved for us to take a late round flyer on him....sighs!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 13, 2012, 11:20:31 PM

Mark Barron is the opposite.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#18 : December 13, 2012, 11:21:05 PM

This would be my pick. Would've loved for us to take a late round flyer on him....sighs!!
Had a good game tonight. Better than what we've seen of Goode.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 13, 2012, 11:30:27 PM

T. Y. Hilton
Casey Hayward
Lavonte David

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#20 : December 14, 2012, 01:21:36 AM

Barron was probably the worst pick in the first round.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 14, 2012, 02:12:58 AM

Doug Martin certainly should be in the conversation.

Him or LD for sure.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

watson

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 14, 2012, 09:02:37 AM

Alonzo Dennard - 7th round - Starting CB Patriots

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#23 : December 14, 2012, 09:04:07 AM

Is Barron the only bust in the first round this year?   This was a solid year for the draft overall.   

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 14, 2012, 01:01:23 PM

Is Barron the only bust in the first round this year?   This was a solid year for the draft overall.   

little early to be calling barron a bust. he hasnt performed as well as we hoped but hes far from a bust.  of course i should expect this kind of thinking from a troll like you

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 14, 2012, 01:06:01 PM

Had a good game tonight. Better than what we've seen of Goode.

Burfict would be perfect playing SLB in our system. We would have one of the top line backing cores in the NFL with him. Just wish our team had the balls to take flyers on players like Burfict or Alfonzo Denard.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 14, 2012, 01:49:35 PM

unfortunately we didnt have the option to take chances on guys with character issues in the draft. we had plenty of them on the team last april and couldnt afford to bring in more bad apples. teams with strong established coaches like belichek and marvin lewis who also have veteran leadership can take chances on guys like them. young teams without a strong veteran core and a new coach cant afford to take those chances. maybe in a year or so but not right now. i agree with us avoiding those guys completely at the time

TheQ

Starter

#27 : December 14, 2012, 03:13:56 PM

Burfict Bengals as UDFA is THE Steal of the year for the NFL...undrafted and a starting LB
and the CB from the Pats 7th round, a starter, too.
Those are steals.
Guys taken in the top 5 rounds are not steals, much is expecting of them.
I glad the BUCS got Barron, David and Muscle Hamster, tho. All big time hits.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 14, 2012, 04:17:48 PM

unfortunately we didnt have the option to take chances on guys with character issues in the draft. we had plenty of them on the team last april and couldnt afford to bring in more bad apples. teams with strong established coaches like belichek and marvin lewis who also have veteran leadership can take chances on guys like them. young teams without a strong veteran core and a new coach cant afford to take those chances. maybe in a year or so but not right now. i agree with us avoiding those guys completely at the time
   That about sums up our situation at the time of the draft. It will be interesting to see what this years draftees do in year II of their NFL careers. As well as ALL members of the Bucs in year II with Schiano & Co. Either they improve significantly out of TC or they'll be looking for work elsewhere...

fabsrubio

Rookie

#29 : December 14, 2012, 04:22:29 PM

Can someone pull up the draft thread when everyone laughed when I suggested we take Burfict and Dennard? I'm soo glad we took Goode and Tandy instead.. Sigh.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Name a rookie that was a steal in the 2012 draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools