Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Name a rookie that was a steal in the 2012 draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 14, 2012, 04:22:30 PM

Burfict Bengals as UDFA is THE Steal of the year for the NFL...undrafted and a starting LB
and the CB from the Pats 7th round, a starter, too.
Those are steals.
Guys taken in the top 5 rounds are not steals, much is expecting of them.
I glad the BUCS got Barron, David and Muscle Hamster, tho. All big time hits.

I like to think of Mike Williams in the 4th as a steal. Pretty much agree with what your sayin though. Guys drafted before 5th should at least contribute to the team. Othwerwise they are real dissappointments. You want those guys to do at least something.   

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 15, 2012, 03:27:01 PM

TBH, Burfict surprised me; figured him for a head case. Always good to see a guy get it together in life. We'll see how he does in year 2.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 15, 2012, 03:42:33 PM

Can someone pull up the draft thread when everyone laughed when I suggested we take Burfict and Dennard? I'm soo glad we took Goode and Tandy instead.. Sigh.

I doubt 'everyone' laughed....there were a few here that loved Burfict, myself being one of them.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 15, 2012, 03:50:21 PM

Can someone pull up the draft thread when everyone laughed when I suggested we take Burfict and Dennard? I'm soo glad we took Goode and Tandy instead.. Sigh.

I doubt 'everyone' laughed....there were a few here that loved Burfict, myself being one of them.

I laughed  , especially when he came into the combine fat and out of shape....seemed like he was going to be another Maurice Claurette level bust due to his own stupidity.

I'm shocked how well he's done.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 15, 2012, 04:12:33 PM

I laughed as well - his forty took from mid morning to dark for crying out loud - and his pro day did nothing to help... he was dropped from the starting lineup in his senior year iirc.. some liked him early on, no one was jumping up to draft him.  And yes, he appears to have turned it around as a FA pickup

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#35 : December 15, 2012, 04:38:41 PM

I like to think of Mike Williams in the 4th as a steal.

Depends how you look at it.   If you just look at the Mike Williams pick, it's a steal.   If you factor in the fact that the Bucs took Benn high in the 2nd round that year as well, the combination of those picks (high 2 and a 4 for Benn and Williams) was far from a steal.   

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Name a rookie that was a steal in the 2012 draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools