Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BARRON LOOKS FORWARD TO CHALLENGE IN NEW ORLEANS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 13, 2012, 10:09:17 PM

It will be great watching his development. As the article pointed out, quite correctly, he's seeing one QB after another light years ahead of what he saw in college; and they are amoung the NFL's best. He will have that experience to grow on next season.

Yep. Most of us realize this. Others? Not so much.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#16 : December 14, 2012, 01:12:46 AM

I have been one of the biggest Barron bashers around, but after really thinking about it, this defense has really set him up to fail. I will tell you why:

We all get enamored because Ronde is in the box stopping the run. We don't say anything about that because he is making plays. I have watched quite
a few replays this year and Ronde is constantly in the box, which means that we are playing with one safety back there on obvious passing situations.

I am not excusing Barron for everything but this certainly hasn't helped and I bet if you stuck Ed Reed back there with this defensive set up, he would get burned some.

We put too much emphasis on the run. Can't we stop it with our D-Line and Linebackers? It's OK to have a safety in the box every now and then but this is what the
Peytons, Bradys, Brees etc.. of the world live for. They see this and they know that they are going to have open recievers, it's just a matter of getting it to them.

I can't believe that Schiano hasn't adjusted, but adjusting would mean Ronde covering some more from the safety spot and he just can't cover downfield like that anymore.
Bottom line is that it's not Barron's or Ronde's fault, it's on the coaching!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 14, 2012, 02:27:47 AM

I have been one of the biggest Barron bashers around, but after really thinking about it, this defense has really set him up to fail. I will tell you why:

We all get enamored because Ronde is in the box stopping the run. We don't say anything about that because he is making plays. I have watched quite
a few replays this year and Ronde is constantly in the box, which means that we are playing with one safety back there on obvious passing situations.

I am not excusing Barron for everything but this certainly hasn't helped and I bet if you stuck Ed Reed back there with this defensive set up, he would get burned some.

We put too much emphasis on the run. Can't we stop it with our D-Line and Linebackers?

That a reasonable question. I've been asking it for some time now.

The only answer I can come up with is that they don't trust the line by itself to get pressure or stop the run. That, or they ran with what they knew they would play well at and hoped for the best.

Barron has little help out there for a rookie safety. The haters can talk to me again when they get him some legit help and the DC/schiano stops leaving him on an island (without the QB being flushed, hurried, or even distracted).

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#18 : December 14, 2012, 02:36:07 AM

We put too much emphasis on the run. Can't we stop it with our D-Line and Linebackers?

That a reasonable question. I've been asking it for some time now.

The only answer I can come up with is that they don't trust the line by itself to get pressure or stop the run. That, or they ran with what they knew they would play well at and hoped for the best.

Barron has little help out there for a rookie safety. The haters can talk to me again when they get him some legit help and the DC/schiano stops leaving him on an island (without the QB being flushed, hurried, or even distracted).

I certainly agree with you 100%.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 14, 2012, 02:49:10 AM

We put too much emphasis on the run. Can't we stop it with our D-Line and Linebackers? It's OK to have a safety in the box every now and then but this is what the
Peytons, Bradys, Brees etc.. of the world live for. They see this and they know that they are going to have open recievers, it's just a matter of getting it to them.

I can't believe that Schiano hasn't adjusted, but adjusting would mean Ronde covering some more from the safety spot and he just can't cover downfield like that anymore.
Bottom line is that it's not Barron's or Ronde's fault, it's on the coaching!

I get what you are saying. There is a lot of pressure on Barron, especially when Barron is single high back there. Here is the problem though. Just because Ronde is up in the box, it doesn't mean that there is only 1 safety back in the secondary. Ahmad Black is on the field nearly 40% of the time, and he doesn't come on to replace Ronde either. Ronde has been on the field for 911 or the 919 defensive snaps, so anytime time Black is on the field, so is Black. I would venture to say that most of the time that Ronde comes up and hangs out in the box, there are 2 guys back deep.

Another problem is that in this most recent game, Barron was very poor in man to man coverage while they were in nickel and dime coverage. It's not just on the coaching, Barron is definitely not even coming close to living up to expectations.

The biggest problem that I have with Barron this year, is the missed tackles. There are times that he looks as bad as Sean Jones with the missed open field tackles and the poor angles he takes. He plays flat footed and seems like he is becoming more and more hesitant. He is reminding me of how Mason played last year. Hopefully he has a Mason type turnaround next year.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#20 : December 14, 2012, 02:58:09 AM

I look for Barron to get toasted all day long.   Nothing new here.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 14, 2012, 03:39:24 AM

I look for Barron to get toasted all day long.   Nothing new here.

That's a no-brainer. Every QB Tampa has faced has burnt them.

Foles beating the tar out of them was the wake up call the Bucs FO needed imo. There will now be more emphasis on curing the backfield troubles, and no more hoopla of overrated nobodies hopefully being overproductive for what their talent really is.

The main beef is that we shouldn't go jumping the gun on Barrion, even IF he had talent surrounding him (which he doesn't). The pick was too high, no doubt, but I think his overall value may show in time. Not to mention, the picks of LD and Hamster more than make up for it if Barron doesn't pan out.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 14, 2012, 03:59:17 AM

The pick was too high, no doubt

agreed

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 14, 2012, 04:10:11 AM

The pick was too high, no doubt

agreed

It is simple. Check the NFL records of safeties drafted in the top ten. Barron would have to put up Lott-like numbers to 100% reason the pick.

However, if he can at least be average he's an improvement on this particular defense, and a decent building block for the future even if it's most likely a reach.

As for me, I'm just happy Tampa picked up Martin and LD. Barron seemed like an awkward pick (if there is such a thing).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 14, 2012, 06:49:54 AM

Good post Timbuc 2. Yes a lot of this is on coaching and more specifically, scheme.

But Barron has not be ISO out there all the time.

We will all wait to see if he develops. But if he is another seam jones, he is a bust. Period.

Don't let Joe fool you. He is always half full.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 14, 2012, 06:51:13 AM

There was a time when rookies just didn't play for this defense. If you got picked, you sat and learned for a year or two.

It's been painful watching Barron get worked this year. But don't forget the fact that he is a rookie. With very little DB help. I'm still optimistic about his future, but if we're having this same discussion at this time next year, I'll be very worried.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 14, 2012, 07:49:21 AM

We will all wait to see if he develops. But if he is another seam jones, he is a bust. Period.

Wow ! What a profound statement.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 14, 2012, 08:14:13 AM

Let's not forget. Barron is used to having CBs on the outside that can play lock down man to man. It's not a stretch at all to say that he played with better CBs every year he was at Alabama that what he has now. No pass rush and bad CB play is going to make a Safety look bad. Yes he had made some mistakes, but not nearly as bad as some here make it out to be.

tmac87

Starter
#28 : December 14, 2012, 08:31:39 AM

Not calling him a bust just yet, but this Sunday will be a baptism by fire... again... just like with Gonzalez and Antonio Gates. I'm just waiting on year 2 to see if the splash plays and production picks up.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 14, 2012, 08:38:00 AM

Barron was better week 1 than he is now.   He's lost his confidence.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BARRON LOOKS FORWARD TO CHALLENGE IN NEW ORLEANS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools