Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Free Agent CBs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
: December 14, 2012, 12:01:00 PM

Sean Smith
Tracey Porter
Brent Grimes
Aqib Talib
DRC
Quentin Jammer
Derek Cox

I don't think Aqib will be coming back here lol. I also don't think Sean Smith will be allowed to walk. Which of these guys do you like? Or would you rather skip on this group and draft replacements

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 14, 2012, 12:03:03 PM

if we got the money, throw big cash at (michael bennett) and then DRC and sean smith (if available.)  have a sitdown with DRC to see which one we are gettting first.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : December 14, 2012, 12:05:04 PM

Trade Freeman for a CB and draft a QB.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 14, 2012, 12:06:20 PM

Id sign DRC. He was all over the field in that Philly game. Of course draft a few of them.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 14, 2012, 12:23:47 PM

DRC has been blowing it up lately...   Guess he needed that foot up his xxx

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 14, 2012, 12:26:30 PM

He did a great job vs our guys for the most part. Hes from FL too. I think we have a shot at him.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#6 : December 14, 2012, 06:19:49 PM

Sometimes I get the impression that DRC is more name than talent.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#7 : December 14, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but DRC went to Lakewood Ranch high school in Bradenton. Signing with us might have an added perk for him, if he has any desire to return to the area.

nick777777

Starter
#8 : December 14, 2012, 07:29:34 PM

I like Porter, I think he has speed and is a pretty good cover corner.  I also like Sean Smith.   I think we will see more names come available via trade when it gets closer to the draft.  Also I think you will see more names due to cap casualties.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 14, 2012, 07:35:41 PM

I also like Sean Smith.   
He's big and young, not necessarily a turnover creator, but a good corner.  I like it.

nick777777

Starter
#10 : December 14, 2012, 07:43:24 PM

I think he is much better than what we have, I don't see him as a number 1 yet but definitely a good number 2 with the potential to develop into a number one.  The thing I like to look at when talking about corners, is how many times do the quarterbacks test him and if they test him how many times do they complete a pass against him.  If he doesn't get a lot of opportunities to intercept a pass then that is probably the answer as to why he doesn't have a lot of picks.  It's like when Namdi was getting tested a lot and making a lot of interceptions, the next year QB's didn't test him as much so his interceptions were down.  Having said that I still think the Eagles are using him wrong and that is why his picks are down this year as well.  I haven't looked at the numbers but I would like to see how many times Sean Smith gets tested.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 15, 2012, 09:06:30 AM

yikes, not a real deep group of FA corners.  that is a position that is usually over-paid in FA too. Look what Wright got and he is a mid level type guy. the lack of decent FA corners could push the prices of these guys up.  I dont think I can justify paying big money to any guys on that list. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 15, 2012, 10:17:59 AM

He had a good game vs. Tampa, so that will effect most fans opinion on him.  But you are right.  He's a talented guy that is very, very inconsistent - much like Eric Wright.  Dominik will likey very much.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 15, 2012, 10:55:57 AM

He had a good game vs. Tampa, so that will effect most fans opinion on him.  But you are right. He's a talented guy that is very, very inconsistent - much like Eric Wright. Dominik will likey very much.

I never viewed Wright as a 'talented guy'. Inconsistent? Definitely!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 15, 2012, 11:07:28 AM

He had a good game vs. Tampa, so that will effect most fans opinion on him.  But you are right. He's a talented guy that is very, very inconsistent - much like Eric Wright. Dominik will likey very much.

I never viewed Wright as a 'talented guy'. Inconsistent? Definitely!!!
I think inconsistent is when a player varies between okay and good.  When the range is between below average to poor the player's description should be 'on the buble'.  just my .02

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Free Agent CBs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools