Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Christmas Tree Story « previous next »
Page: 1

tonyflash

Starter

: December 14, 2012, 10:40:29 PM

I went with my family tonight to buy a Christmas tree at Lowes. They did not have much of a selection and we were the only customers in the tent. As we were looking at a few of the trees, my wife turned to ask who she thought was a Lowes sales person behind her if they had any larger trees. The gentleman said, I dont know.  I was not paying much attention to the gentleman until he gave her the answer. My wife had just asked Michael Bennett for assistance in looking for a tree. Now in her defense, he did have a shirt that appeared similar to a Lowes shirt. We never let him know we knew who he was until we were ready to leave. I simply advised him that Im sure he would have better luck finding some nice trees in Hawaii. He smiled and said, I sure hope so. Both Michael Bennett and my family left without trees.  ;D

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 15, 2012, 01:59:42 AM

pics or it didn't happen

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 15, 2012, 02:37:17 AM

I went with my family tonight to buy a Christmas tree at Lowes. They did not have much of a selection and we were the only customers in the tent. As we were looking at a few of the trees, my wife turned to ask who she thought was a Lowes sales person behind her if they had any larger trees. The gentleman said, I dont know.  I was not paying much attention to the gentleman until he gave her the answer. My wife had just asked Michael Bennett for assistance in looking for a tree. Now in her defense, he did have a shirt that appeared similar to a Lowes shirt. We never let him know we knew who he was until we were ready to leave. I simply advised him that Im sure he would have better luck finding some nice trees in Hawaii. He smiled and said, I sure hope so. Both Michael Bennett and my family left without trees.  ;D
lol. thats awesome.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 15, 2012, 03:22:22 AM

Awesome story man, i wish I could run into a bucs player at the store. It would be cool to say Merry Christmas to a free,an or bennett

danimal09

Starter

#4 : December 15, 2012, 08:06:40 AM

Only player I have ran into was Derrick Brooks and I didn't want to bother him. He did not look too happy lol.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 15, 2012, 03:05:12 PM

The perfect comment in that situation; very well played ;D

Capt Kidd

Starter
#6 : December 15, 2012, 04:14:55 PM

Long before Michael Vick's dog fighting story came to light my son met him in very pertinent circumstances. He was in the Navy and stationed in VA, near where Vick grew up. He was working part time at a Home Depot while in the Navy and Mike and two other guys came in to buy lumber for a dog house. My son said Mike was staying to the back kind of quiet-like and the other two guys were asking all the questions and rounding up the lumber. My son finally said to Vick "It's OK Mike, you can come forward I won't bother ya." and Mike replied "Aw man, I don't wanna be bothered. I just wanna buy some lumber and get out of here." 
My son said after that he was very cool and friendly and they bought their stuff and left.

He called me almost immediately to tell me the story about meeting Mike Vick and that was a good 2-3 years before the dog-fighting stuff came to light. Now I know why Mike was so undercover there. LOL

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 15, 2012, 04:26:54 PM

My wife had just asked Michael Bennett for assistance in looking for a tree. Now in her defense, he did have a shirt that appeared similar to a Lowes shirt.

You sure it wasn't because he was the only black guy standing there ? lol

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

csidedave

Second String
#8 : December 15, 2012, 06:21:31 PM

We picked up a tree a few years ago and after we loaded it  we had a problem with Sapp.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 15, 2012, 06:23:41 PM

Only player I have ran into was Derrick Brooks and I didn't want to bother him. He did not look too happy lol.

I met Brooks ona flight back from Miami. He's incredibly friendly. Most are Sapp being the noted exception.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 15, 2012, 06:36:30 PM

We picked up a tree a few years ago and after we loaded it  we had a problem with Sapp.
Let me guess...  You ended up with sticky stuff all over your rear end...?

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Christmas Tree Story « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools