Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barron handles steep learning curve « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucOrDie21

Rookie

#45 : December 16, 2012, 08:56:24 PM

I also think Barron hesitates to play at full speed bc of the sissy rules that have been put into place to protect offensive players. I would take a 15 yard penalty early in the game once a week if it Barron was setting the tone for the game with his hits.

A wr trying to catch a ball and stretching out is not defenseless, thats football. Nowadays you gotta let wrs have the middle of the field. There is no more taking it away with the thought that a safety is going to punish you..,ask Freddie Mitchell how terrifying that could be.

Did you not see him blow up Jimmy Graham today ?... and he did it clean without a penalty.

I did see it and i think he needs to get back to that more often. However even the announcers said that last week there was a similar hit that drew a flag from officials. Im all for player safety but not at the expense of the game and what it stands for.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#46 : December 16, 2012, 09:58:50 PM

Considering what was around him, (piss poor CBs) Baron had a good game today.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#47 : December 16, 2012, 10:17:18 PM

His PI was terrible. And he missed on a couple of runs - missed as in angles and tackles- but he was more involved than in the past couple of games... which might be a good sign..

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#48 : December 17, 2012, 01:16:37 AM

he was more involved than in the past couple of games...

They lost 41-0

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#49 : December 17, 2012, 08:48:01 AM

Barron had his best day as a pass defender. He was solid against the run again and believe it or not leads the team in pass break ups.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#50 : December 17, 2012, 10:37:29 AM

His PI was terrible. And he missed on a couple of runs - missed as in angles and tackles- but he was more involved than in the past couple of games... which might be a good sign..
+1. For a guy with his talent, to have his back turned near the end zone and then plow into the receiver was teerrible. I was really pissed, just turn around. Why are the DB's not doing this?

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#51 : December 17, 2012, 11:10:02 AM

+1. For a guy with his talent, to have his back turned near the end zone and then plow into the receiver was teerrible. I was really pissed, just turn around. Why are the DB's not doing this?

+2. That was at least his 3rd time doing that this year.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#52 : December 17, 2012, 03:47:17 PM

Barron had his best day as a pass defender. He was solid against the run again and believe it or not leads the team in pass break ups.

agreed.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#53 : December 17, 2012, 03:48:16 PM

Im not sold on Barron as a bust at all. I look forward to seeing him year 2.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#54 : December 17, 2012, 03:49:56 PM

His best day still isn't good enough but I'm sure we'll see progression next year. And maybe we need a new position coach to teach these guys how to turn their heads towards
the ball. We rarely see it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#55 : December 17, 2012, 04:49:14 PM

Cooper.  He pretty clearly isn't getting his job done.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#56 : December 17, 2012, 05:14:26 PM

Ronde should catch just as much grief as Barron does. Where was he yesterday? I'm a big Ronde fan but dude was invisible.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barron handles steep learning curve « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools