Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Q&A: « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: December 15, 2012, 12:29:43 AM

By TBO.COM | Staff
Published:  December 14, 2012 - 10:33 PM

Bucs Q&A: Has secondary hit rock bottom?

Q: I think if they stuck their hand(s) out to block a ball once in a while instead of just hanging on to the receiver the Bucs DBs could stop some drives. Was it a bad time to release Talib? No wonder Ronde Barber was so frustrated after the last debacle with Philadelphia. That was one of the worst/hurtful/unnecessary losses in team history - and I've seen them all.

- John Balzer, Titusville

A: It's been a nightmarish season for the Bucs secondary. Veteran QBs have ravaged Tampa Bay's pass defense all year and you make a good point about Ronde - it's been a long time since I saw that look of despair on his face after a game. It was a crushing loss, playing at home against a slumping opponent with members of the 2002 club in attendance.

A setback like that will test their resolve heading into the final weeks of the season.

- Ira Kaufman

Q: Looking at the next year's draft could you see the Bucs taking TE Tyler Eifert from Notre Dame not just to add another weapon to the offense but to shore up a position of need?

- Michael Singleton, Houston

A: Tyler Eifert would look very good in a Bucs uniform. He's an athletic 6-foot-6 tight end who would give Josh Freeman yet another weapon in an offense that has scored at least 21 points in 10 consecutive games. Cornerback is clearly an offseason priority, but it wouldn't be surprising for Tampa Bay to address the TE position, playing in a division with Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham and Greg Olsen.

- Ira Kaufman

Q: Do you think that the Bucs will re-sign QB Josh Freeman? And do you think they would draft another QB?

- George Hicks, Alba, TX

A: I believe the Bucs will work out a long-term agreement with Freeman, who is still only 24. He's not Tom Brady, but half the teams in the NFL would love to have him under center. He may never be a high-percentage passer, but he throws a good deep ball and he is dedicated to improve.

The Bucs are in no position to go in another direction and start over with a new QB.

- Ira Kaufman

Q: Why did the Bucs give Aqib Talib to the Patriots for nothing? That transaction destroyed the teams' playoff chances.

- Kevin Dixon, Hollywood, CA

A: The Bucs received a fourth-round draft pick in return for Talib, who was going to leave as a free agent in 2013. Once the Bucs decided they weren't going to give Talib a long-term commitment, they made a move to get something in return for him.

Talib never played up to his capabilities in Tampa and the Bucs will focus on bulking up the cornerback position in the offseason.

- Ira Kaufman

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 15, 2012, 02:04:44 AM

It's been a nightmarish season for the Bucs secondary. Veteran QBs have ravaged Tampa Bay's pass defense all year

Only veteran QB's ?     [Nick Foles]

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 15, 2012, 02:10:21 AM

Still waiting for Simeon to come back and break the sack record.

Ira has a special place reserved for him in the Hall of Douchieness.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Q&A: « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools