Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darnell Dockett « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 15, 2012, 02:23:27 PM

I can't say that I wouldn't be acting out if I was on that roster, so I'm not holding anything against Dockett. Your window is short in the NFL, so I would imagine it has to be extremely frustrating to watch yourself waste away on a horrible team with inept leadership. Larry Fitzgerald is an amazing human being for staying quite.

As for the spitting, both guys say it didn't happen.....so I really don't care.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 15, 2012, 02:31:41 PM

I can't say that I wouldn't be acting out if I was on that roster, so I'm not holding anything against Dockett. Your window is short in the NFL, so I would imagine it has to be extremely frustrating to watch yourself waste away on a horrible team with inept leadership. Larry Fitzgerald is an amazing human being for staying quiet.

Having an average annual salary of $16 mil probably helps out with that too.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 15, 2012, 02:34:32 PM

i feel terrible for fitzgerald. hes going to end up as the wide receiver version of barry sanders. dynamic outstanding player who withers on a team that refuses to make moves to help him out

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 15, 2012, 02:39:31 PM

I can't say that I wouldn't be acting out if I was on that roster, so I'm not holding anything against Dockett. Your window is short in the NFL, so I would imagine it has to be extremely frustrating to watch yourself waste away on a horrible team with inept leadership. Larry Fitzgerald is an amazing human being for staying quiet.

Having an average annual salary of $16 mil probably helps out with that too.

Meh. He can make that on any team though. I think for the guys that love the game, like Fitz, it's really not about the money. He could have been one of the top receivers of all time, and instead he's had to play with some of the worst QBs in the league.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 15, 2012, 04:27:46 PM

He has three years left, making about $9M a year. That's a lot, but we pay McCoy $13M a year and he's half the player Dockett is!

LOL, please tell me you aren't serious.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind Dockett. He fits in the 4-3 a lot better than the 3-4 and him working next to McCoy would be awesome.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 15, 2012, 04:31:09 PM

He has three years left, making about $9M a year. That's a lot, but we pay McCoy $13M a year and he's half the player Dockett is!

So true .  +1

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 15, 2012, 04:43:06 PM

Completely serious. McCoy is a lot younger, so maybe if he can stay healthy and get better....he can be as good as Dockett one day. Dockett however is a proven stud when playing DT in a 4-3 and has been voted to the Pro Bowl three times. ( not that pro bowls really mean anything)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 15, 2012, 06:20:16 PM

Completely serious. McCoy is a lot younger, so maybe if he can stay healthy and get better....he can be as good as Dockett one day. Dockett however is a proven stud when playing DT in a 4-3 and has been voted to the Pro Bowl three times. ( not that pro bowls really mean anything)

Dockett has been a very good-to-great player in the past, but he's had a poor showing in 2012.  His pass rush performance is down dramatically and his run defense has flat out been awful.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 15, 2012, 06:40:21 PM

Well I'd have to agree with you there, but he has never looked bad as a 4-3 DT....and that's what he'd be doing here.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 15, 2012, 06:42:45 PM

Healthy Gerald McCoy > Darnell Dockett

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 15, 2012, 06:43:09 PM

Well it doesn't matter. Opinions are like...well you know. Everyone has one. But that isn't the point of this thread.

I just think if we went out and traded for Dockett, signed a reasonable mid level free agent CB, and draft a top CB in the draft....our defense could make an incredible jump in just one year. With a healthy Clayborn, Bowers, and Bennett rotating and McCoy/Dockett in the middle....it's hard to imagine us not getting pressure.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 15, 2012, 07:13:41 PM

I actually think the lack of a stud NT hurts us on 3rd down more than our DE play. Our DE's do penetrate, but the QB easily steps up in the pocket which we are rarely able to collapse. Teaming Dockett and McCoy at DT would at worst be a nice 3rd down package...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 15, 2012, 08:40:50 PM

A little long in the tooth for my liking.........now if he was 5 years younger..

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 15, 2012, 08:51:34 PM

I actually think the lack of a stud NT hurts us on 3rd down more than our DE play. Our DE's do penetrate, but the QB easily steps up in the pocket which we are rarely able to collapse. Teaming Dockett and McCoy at DT would at worst be a nice 3rd down package...
I agree. Its key that we get a pass rushing DT next to McCoy next year. Its unfortunate Okoye didn't work out but for now I wouldn't mind drafting a guy like Sharrif Floyd or Short from Purdue there still around the 2nd or 3rd round.

Bucs really could go for a trade down and stock pile on the depth. Fix the secondary with some free agents and then grab some swiss army knife type players. #3 slot WR, pass rush DT, T depth, and upgrade the TE spot.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 15, 2012, 11:29:02 PM

As much as I like him as a player, I highly doubt Dom even mildly considers this move.......
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darnell Dockett « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools