Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Packers to part ways with Finley « previous next »
Page: 1

big_JLB

Starter

: December 16, 2012, 01:17:32 AM

Report: Packers to part ways with Finley

A year ago, the Packers and Jermichael Finley were posturing for a tussle regarding whether the looming decision to use the franchise tag would result in compensation paid to a tight end or a receiver.  Now, the team is making plans for a divorce.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the Packers have decided to part ways with Finley after the season.

He could be cut, he could be traded.  A $3 million roster bonus comes due on the 15th day of the new league year, which begins in March.  Since trades cant happen until the first day of the new league year, the Packers will have a two-week window for finding a trade partner.

Though it could be hard to get someone to trade for the one-year, $7 million remaining on the contract that the parties signed in February, the Packers possibly will be able to ship Finley to a team that would then sign him to a long-term deal.

Either way, Finley soon wont have to worry about his lack of chemistry with quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/15/report-packers-to-part-ways-with-finley/

could make TE one less position that needs to be addressed in the draft...

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 16, 2012, 01:19:35 AM

No thanks.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 16, 2012, 01:25:54 AM

Get him. I think this is the weapon Freeman needs at TE. Resign Clark as well. Have Clark and Schiano teach him the Buccaneer way. And get it done. This team sure could use him at TE.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 16, 2012, 01:51:54 AM

I don't want any part of this loser. He's constantly running his mouth and blaming Rodgers for not giving him the ball enough, yet he drops almost everything thrown his way. He used to be so overrated. I say 'used to' because now everyone realizes that he isn't any good.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 16, 2012, 01:53:28 AM

I didn't know he was doing that. Yea he probably won't be a buc.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 16, 2012, 01:57:31 AM

I would be on the fence with this.

He's a good TE. On the otherhand, the guy could, theoretically, cause chemistry problems.

IF he is discontent with the Packers, how would he feel on a team like the Bucs? (no fans, hot weather, hard-head HC, little defensive talent, VJ, DM, and MW for competition for the ball) He probably would be the fourth option here also.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 16, 2012, 02:08:25 AM

I don't want any part of this loser. He's constantly running his mouth and blaming Rodgers for not giving him the ball enough, yet he drops almost everything thrown his way. He used to be so overrated. I say 'used to' because now everyone realizes that he isn't any good.
Pretty much this.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 16, 2012, 02:10:22 AM

I didn't know he was doing that. Yea he probably won't be a buc.
Yep, he runs his mouth about Rodgers and says a bunch of other stupid **CENSORED** all the time. I post frequently at a general NFL board and all the Packer fans can't stand the guy. We definitely don't want this guy in our locker room. Schiano would never bring a guy like him in though so we have nothing to worry about.

Here's some examples of the crap he says:

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packers-daily-links-finley-places-chemistry-burden-on-rodgers

^Blaming Rodgers

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/29/jermichael-finley-disappointed-after-beating-jaguars/

^Blaming O-line

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012/12/brian_urlacher_fires_back_at_j.html

^Said the Bears are better without Urlacher

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Packers to part ways with Finley « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools