Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL 2012 surprise teams « previous next »
Page: 1

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

: December 16, 2012, 10:12:47 AM

Based on your pre-season expectations, what teams have surprised you so far this season, both "better than expected" and/or "worse than expected"?

Given the number of of our name players who've missed games, I'd say the Bucs at 6-7 have surprised a few folks, but I'd say the Colts take the "better" award, with an honorable mention to the Seahawks. Jets at 6-7 are my "worse" choice...

Comments?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 16, 2012, 10:55:24 AM

Bucs might finish out with 6 wins, which is a nice "improvement".

But suprise team?  Hmm...everything seems pretty spot on to me.  Good teams are still pretty good.  Bad teams still pretty bad.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 16, 2012, 11:21:35 AM

Colts and its not even close

ticogtrs

Practice Squad

#3 : December 16, 2012, 11:30:21 AM

Helo!!! Forex - Work at home  a cup of coffee get pleasure from work become independent, just register  forex  forex

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 16, 2012, 11:33:34 AM

You didn't think Luck could win them at least 6 or 7 games?  Their pass rush can be formidable.  Colts were awful last year for one reason.  No QB.  They got the best one in the draft, and are contenders.  I am not shocked.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 16, 2012, 11:34:42 AM

Colts, Seattle and the jets. And with the jets I figured they were going to be bad, but not this bad. They even ran off Fireman Ed.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 16, 2012, 11:39:20 AM

Colts, Seattle and the jets. And with the jets I figured they were going to be bad, but not this bad. They even ran off Fireman Ed.
As bad as the JETS are they are in the playoff hunt, and actually have a reasonable chance to get in...unlike Tampa.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 16, 2012, 11:54:27 AM

You didn't think Luck could win them at least 6 or 7 games?  Their pass rush can be formidable.  Colts were awful last year for one reason.  No QB.  They got the best one in the draft, and are contenders.  I am not shocked.

i figured hed get them 6 wins. they will most likely end up with 10 or more wins. the improvement this year is ridiculous. even their defense looks better and they barely added anything. the upside of this team is scary if they draft well in the next couple of years

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 16, 2012, 11:55:04 AM

As bad as the JETS are they are in the playoff hunt, and actually have a reasonable chance to get in...unlike Tampa.

that actually says more about the AFC and how much it sucks than the Bucs

youngone

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 16, 2012, 11:58:16 AM

Exactly

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 16, 2012, 12:01:52 PM

How good the Seahawks have been is surprising to me.  Pete Carroll deserves a lot of credit out West.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 16, 2012, 12:27:42 PM

Exactly
Yeah because our division is chock full of beasts!  (not)

Whatever the excuse may be, the JETS at this moment are in.  Bucs?  Not.

Sad.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL 2012 surprise teams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools