Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Board - Quarterbacks: Who is available? « previous next »
Page: 1

Buccaneer_9

Practice Squad

: December 16, 2012, 02:49:36 PM

I see a LOT of Freeman hate here & I'm prone to agree with most of the criticism levied against him.

I was just curious about who will be in next year's draft and who you'd like to see Tampa Bay take.

The Dalai Lama: \"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun\". (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times)

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 16, 2012, 03:12:06 PM

Freeman doesn't have the accuracy. ITS TIME TO MOVE ON.

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 16, 2012, 03:13:15 PM

Aaron Murray - GA. Big arm. Good head, good football smarts.

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 16, 2012, 03:20:07 PM

Plenty of mediocre prospects to choose from.  This year sucks for QBs.  We could trade for Cousins.

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 16, 2012, 03:40:53 PM

Plenty of mediocre prospects to choose from.  This year sucks for QBs.  We could trade for Cousins.

Sadly, you are right. And this team is about to fold around it's "leader" at QB who has demonstrated that he submits to a choke hold before it is applied.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 16, 2012, 03:49:26 PM

What? He's not going to be in the draft.

The player to watch, assuming we wouldn't want to take one of the Tylers in the 2nd round, is Tajh Boyd.  He'll likely go in the 3rd-4th round and definitely has some intangibles.  But it's a bit of a down year for QBs.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 16, 2012, 03:51:46 PM

What? He's not going to be in the draft.

The player to watch, assuming we wouldn't want to take one of the Tylers in the 2nd round, is Tajh Boyd.  He'll likely go in the 3rd-4th round and definitely has some intangibles.  But it's a bit of a down year for QBs.
Everyone connected to the UGA program says Murray is going into the draft.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 16, 2012, 03:54:11 PM

Really?  Must have missed that.  I guess he could be the top QB in a down year?  Seems weird that he'd go coming off such a disappointing season.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 16, 2012, 03:56:58 PM

It's strange because there were quite a few "names" coming into the year, just not much of living up to the hype. Landry Jones, Taj Boyd, Tyler Wilson, Barkley, Murray, etc. I'm going to withhold judgement that NONE of those guys have the tools to succeed until I hear the master, Mike Mayock, break it down a little. If I had to pick I'd say Murray or Wilson may have a good shot; Murray looked bad in a pro style offense against quality competition, but no doubt he has an arm and a brain. Wilson was hot going into the year before Petrino decided to be a stool and ruin their program. He has natural ability.

My thoughts are we need to grab a kid with some upside in the middle of the draft, maybe no higher than 3. We can all **CENSORED** about Freeman but also agree there's about a 95% chance he's back as the man; next best thing IMO to ATTEMPT a salvage of his game is light a fire under him. Taking a good kid high enough to show he's not the man indefinitely may be a good first step. Worst case we get a guy to develop and trade if Freeman figures it out.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 16, 2012, 03:56:59 PM

Really?  Must have missed that.  I guess he could be the top QB in a down year?  Seems weird that he'd go coming off such a disappointing season.
Yes. He's four years out of high school, already has his bachelor's degree and might have a master's now, too, and it won't get better for him next year when the entire defense goes to the NFL.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Board - Quarterbacks: Who is available? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools