Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The OFFICIAL "Sign Matt Flynn" Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 16, 2012, 03:14:55 PM

We know that Freeman can't get it done. Flynn has shown signs that he can.
When?

When he put up 700+ yards and nine touchdowns in two games?
Flynn doesn't even have 700+ yards in a season. I can take Freemans best 2 games and look pretty special too.
That was meant to be a 6.

The Cold Vein

Practice Squad

#16 : December 16, 2012, 03:17:06 PM

I think Freeman is feeling additional pressure due to the ineptitude of the defense.  I think Freeman is a capable QB so I would certainly pass on Flynn and ten or so "candidates" which will no doubt be mentioned on this board.     

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 16, 2012, 03:26:26 PM

Flynn had one good game.  Freeman has had multiple good games.  Flynn couldn't beat out Russell Wilson in camp.  There are plenty of people I'd trade Freeman for.  Matt Flynn is not one of them, nor do I want his contract or to give up picks for him.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : December 16, 2012, 03:27:53 PM

give us a few QBs you'd trade Freeman for - QB that aren't already starting on other teams because teams usually don't get rid of their QBs unless they suck like Freeman

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 16, 2012, 03:29:55 PM

Like I said earlier....Shaun Hill wouldn't be a bad option if you are looking for a steady QB who can win you some games while you search for a real franchise QB. Not sure how much the Lions value him now that Stafford has proven he can endure an entire season....I'd make the call to find out if I was GM.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#20 : December 16, 2012, 03:34:44 PM

No to Mallett, no to Cousins, no  to Flynn, and no to Freeman.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 16, 2012, 03:35:56 PM

Like I said earlier....Shaun Hill wouldn't be a bad option if you are looking for a steady QB who can win you some games while you search for a real franchise QB. Not sure how much the Lions value him now that Stafford has proven he can endure an entire season....I'd make the call to find out if I was GM.

I'd be a huge fan of this.  Hell, if you could convince Alex Smith to come here, I woudln't mind that either.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#22 : December 16, 2012, 03:36:40 PM

Like I said earlier....Shaun Hill wouldn't be a bad option

dude, get the fack out of here with that

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 16, 2012, 03:38:11 PM

I don't get the point getting a QB who we already know what they are like Hill and Smith.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 16, 2012, 03:38:29 PM

What's wrong with bringing in a stopgap?  You panic and you trade for Matt Flynn, you're stuck for him for 4 years.  You bring in Shaun Hill, or someone like him, you can actually wait til you see someone you're confident is a franchise guy.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 16, 2012, 03:38:53 PM

Yeah, hell no to Flynn.  But I am all about drafting a QB thisyear, or trading for Mallett or Cousins.

Mallett has an absolutely incredible arm.  And a brain filled with bong resin and gangster rap lyrics.  He can change.
You forgot the sarcasm color...  ;)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 16, 2012, 03:38:55 PM

haha....what's your suggestion then?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 16, 2012, 03:39:21 PM

Shaun Hill is a backup.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 16, 2012, 03:39:37 PM

haha....what's your suggestion then?
Brett Favre, duh.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 16, 2012, 03:40:57 PM

What's wrong with bringing in a stopgap?  You panic and you trade for Matt Flynn, you're stuck for him for 4 years.  You bring in Shaun Hill, or someone like him, you can actually wait til you see someone you're confident is a franchise guy.

basically....

you don't wanna feel pressured to draft someone that you're not sure is the real deal....if you trade for Hill, you have a legitimate NFL QB and you can continue seeking for that franchise guy in the meantime....you buy yourself some time while competing.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The OFFICIAL "Sign Matt Flynn" Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools