Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Depressing "Trade for Ryan Mallett/Kirk Cousins" Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: December 16, 2012, 03:12:39 PM

What would it take to wrangle one of these guys?  I think in Mallett you have a guy who is tailor made for this offense.  Big arm, with excellent vertical threats, and a ground game that has proven effective (if not today).  Problem is, he has been called a bit of a headcase, but maybe his time with Bellicheat and Brady have simmered him down? 

And Cousins has a TON of upside. 

Any opposition if any of these guys were to be had?

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 16, 2012, 03:16:38 PM

What would it take to wrangle one of these guys?  I think in Mallett you have a guy who is tailor made for this offense.  Big arm, with excellent vertical threats, and a ground game that has proven effective (if not today).  Problem is, he has been called a bit of a headcase, but maybe his time with Bellicheat and Brady have simmered him down? 

And Cousins has a TON of upside. 

Any opposition if any of these guys were to be had?

I would take Cousins in a heartbeat. I loved him at Michigan State and he has carried in over to the NFL. Would start on many teams in the league right now.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 16, 2012, 03:17:46 PM

I like Cousins would be solid project.

Mallet is pretty similar to Freeman but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 16, 2012, 03:17:58 PM

I wonder if a second round pick would be enough to pry Cousins?  Throw in Freeman to boot...?

geetech84

Starter

#4 : December 16, 2012, 03:19:39 PM

Rather have Cousins

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 16, 2012, 03:22:16 PM

I would love to have Kirk, but I think it might cost the Bucs big time.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 16, 2012, 03:22:50 PM

Cousins is intriguing....seems to have the type of fire and grit that Freeman lacks....might not have the gun Josh does but I'd be willing to send Washington a 2nd to bring him over....hell throw in Josh as well....Raheem probably needs someone to go clubbing with.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 16, 2012, 03:22:55 PM

No thanks to Mallett. If we think Freeman has an issue with the short-intermediate throws, take a look at him. Sweet arm but no touch, at least from what I've seen. Nevermind the well-documented head case issues.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 16, 2012, 03:23:53 PM

I don't know if I want to give up a 2nd for either of them.  If Cousins was worth a 2nd rounder, someone would've used a 2nd rounder on him in the draft.  Just because he's in the NFL, doesn't mean we can't get a better QB in the 2nd or 3rd round this year.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 16, 2012, 03:24:34 PM

Robin Cousins would be a better option than 5 right now.

In Verner We Trust

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 16, 2012, 03:25:23 PM

Cousins would be nice.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 16, 2012, 03:27:03 PM

I'd give up a 3rd rounder for Cousins, no more.  A 2nd round pick would be the biggest joke of all time.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 16, 2012, 03:27:07 PM

I don't know if I want to give up a 2nd for either of them.  If Cousins was worth a 2nd rounder, someone would've used a 2nd rounder on him in the draft.  Just because he's in the NFL, doesn't mean we can't get a better QB in the 2nd or 3rd round this year.

Disagree with this....draft is not a perfect science....sometimes players drop for silly reasons such as height (Russell Wilson).

Cousins has shown in his limited opportunity that he can come in and take control of a situation without panicking. He is mobile and smart....I think he starts somewhere other than Washington in the next couple years and succeeds.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 16, 2012, 03:28:10 PM

I'd give up a 3rd rounder for Cousins, no more.  A 2nd round pick would be the biggest joke of all time.
What if Cousins were to put up huge numbers?  Would it be worth it then?

He has the potential to do so, as a result of his skill set, and the weapons he would have around him in Tampa...

I honestly wouldn't mind. 

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 16, 2012, 03:28:47 PM

Cousins had a dreadful first half.  He threw into triple coverage and Hankerson came down with it.  He's had a better second half, but really, he hasn't proven anything.  It would be like trading for Kevin Kolb. 
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Depressing "Trade for Ryan Mallett/Kirk Cousins" Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools