Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Depressing "Trade for Ryan Mallett/Kirk Cousins" Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#165 : December 20, 2012, 08:19:42 AM

In reality there is zero chance that Freeman isn't our starting QB next year. He'll get next year to either earn a contract or work his way out the door....but he's not going anywhere. I may have finally had enough, as have most Buc fans, but I would absolutely shocked if Schiano cut ties at this point. I would hope though, that we are smart enough to either sign, trade for, or draft a young QB with real potential to be learning the offense so we at least have some sort of contingency plan other than Orvlasky.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#166 : December 20, 2012, 08:51:02 PM

I won't go full Java on this but I like how this dude handles pressure...I wouldn't mind him as an option until the next can't miss golden boy is brought in.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#167 : December 20, 2012, 10:42:51 PM

Man I would LOVE to see Mallett come to Tampa and push Freeman.  Push him out the door!

At least they will be trying!

I have no doubt that Schiano will do something to improve the QB corp....after all, he's not married to Freeman.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#168 : December 21, 2012, 12:47:48 AM

Would love to see the FO go after a guy like Ryan Mallett, a legit competitor.  The guy has credentials, and upside for days,  Been groomed under Belicheat and Brady.  Love the idea.  I know it is a pipe dream, but his arm would at least be an improvement over Freemans.  Hard to defend his low completion percentage.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#169 : December 21, 2012, 12:53:08 AM

Man I would LOVE to see Mallett come to Tampa and push Freeman.  Push him out the door!

At least they will be trying!

I have no doubt that Schiano will do something to improve the QB corp....after all, he's not married to Freeman.

I agree.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#170 : December 21, 2012, 07:44:18 AM

A lot still depends on these last two games . If he finishes in a beastly manner a lot of this little slump Freeman is in will be forgotten and taste less bitter in the mouths of the coaches.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#171 : March 14, 2013, 12:01:17 AM

Like I said in December...trade for Ryan Mallet!!  If all it takes is a third, pull the trigger. It almost makes giving up a first next season feasible. We would have a guy ready to give it a shot and would have Revis.

With the rumors of a Buc inquiry, I gotta say I am delighted!

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#172 : March 14, 2013, 12:06:53 AM

I wouldn't trade anymore than a 4th rounder for Cousins or Mallett. We have way too many needs on the defensive side of the ball to waste a high draft pick on a QB.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#173 : March 14, 2013, 12:13:46 AM

Uh...."waste" on a QB?

I get that you are a comets Freepoligist. But if you think the FO and S are not concerned regarding Freeman's play, you are mistaken.

I love that they inquired about a guy who fits this offense perfectly. The guy MAY be able to carry the offense should Free fail. And for a fourth or a third, to me this is a risk with a very high upside with minimal impact should he flame out.

It also allows the Bucs to be flexible in acquiring Revis. Rather than worrying about drafting a backup, you have a groomed, young, talented QB that has been groomed under the greatest QB/coach tandem in the NFL (history).

They have many needs but most of them can be answered with the signing of Revis and a few draftees.

Trade for Mallet!

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#174 : March 14, 2013, 12:15:08 AM

Like I said in December...trade for Ryan Mallet!!  If all it takes is a third, pull the trigger. It almost makes giving up a first next season feasible. We would have a guy ready to give it a shot and would have Revis.

With the rumors of a Buc inquiry, I gotta say I am delighted!

Pats want what they spent, which is a third *edit*. Would be a waste of a pick for a back up QB.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#175 : March 14, 2013, 12:16:20 AM

A backup who may be the future.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#176 : March 14, 2013, 12:17:54 AM

If Freeman pans out, we just completely wasted a 3rd or 4th round pick on a guy we will never need when we could have used the pick to improve the defense that still has holes that needs to be filled.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#177 : March 14, 2013, 12:18:08 AM

He would be a back up next year. 2014? Who knows. Big arm but does he have the head for the game? Cassel played behind Brady for years. What'd that do for the team that believed the hype?

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#178 : March 14, 2013, 12:18:42 AM

A backup who may be the future.

LOL. Almost forgot about the sarcastic humor, you almost had me.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#179 : March 14, 2013, 12:19:18 AM

Mallet is a clone - of Freeman.  But he can't run, nor is he an accurate passer, and his history is not good.  Just say no Boid. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Depressing "Trade for Ryan Mallett/Kirk Cousins" Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools