Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FREEMAN AND PRESS CONFERENCES « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

: December 16, 2012, 04:52:45 PM

I truly believe that all we need to know about Freeman is in the Press Conferences. You look the consistent QBs, Brady, Both Manning, Brees,  RG3, Russell Wilson, etc...

When they get ask questions they answer quickly. That's how they process plays on the field, quickly. For years at the podium Freeman has constantly been slow to answer
and even hasn't remembered some plays in the game. Somtimes he stumbles and says ahh, ahhh, way too many times.

It's been said on these boards many times how he is too slow to react and his receivers have to be COMPLETELY open for him to complete passes (other than great catches by them).

Therefore I am not bringing up anything new but just check out this Press conference, you will see.

If I were the GM I would definetly want a QB who is quick twitch in mentality. I will admit though, Freeman is one of the most durable in the league and that's what I would miss about him but
at this point I would even trade that. We could give him the best O-Line, Coaches, or whatever but the bottom line is that we are going no where with Josh Freeman!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 16, 2012, 04:54:32 PM

It's been said on these boards many times how he is too slow to react and his receivers have to be COMPLETELY open for him to complete passes (other than great catches by them).

I said this earlier today.  Have said it a few times.

He knows he CANNOT make those throws,that is why he resorts to looking for checkdowns and his tight ends all the time.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 16, 2012, 04:57:42 PM

I said this earlier today.  Have said it a few times.

He knows he CANNOT make those throws,that is why he resorts to looking for checkdowns and his tight ends all the time.

I know that it has been said many times BUT the Press Conference analogy is the beef here.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 16, 2012, 04:59:23 PM

I hope you do not include Eli to your elite QB list, just because of a few lucky SB wins. What did he do today... against ATL?
Furthermore, it's pretty easy to not get 'confused' during your press conference if it looks like this, lol
http://static.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/eli-manning-press-conference.jpg

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 16, 2012, 05:00:04 PM

Perhaps the pressers are something, he does take his time with his answers which are generally very vanilla.

I don't get much out of listening to him talk...you listen to aaron Rodgers for a few minutes and tell me he sounds like a leader...he sounds slow and boring as all hell to me.  Put you to sleep stuff.

What I get after four years of waiting and observing, is that after watching this guy play he is simply not a good QB, for all the pounded into the dirt reasons mentioned. 

Bottom line:  He needs to go.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : December 16, 2012, 05:01:21 PM

He's got the bod, but the brains are bad news.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#6 : December 16, 2012, 05:04:06 PM

Perhaps the pressers are something, he does take his time with his answers which are generally very vanilla.

I don't get much out of listening to him talk...you listen to aaron Rodgers for a few minutes and tell me he sounds like a leader...he sounds slow and boring as all hell to me.  Put you to sleep stuff.

What I get after four years of waiting and observing, is that after watching this guy play he is simply not a good QB, for all the pounded into the dirt reasons mentioned. 

Bottom line:  He needs to go.

Can't argue that point bro.

bent09

Starter

#7 : December 16, 2012, 05:05:17 PM

Bo Jackson had a fear of public speaking.... Sure glad he never played here

cgnumber7

Starter

#8 : December 16, 2012, 05:05:28 PM

stop with comparisons to eli, eli has two rings, if free had those then he would get a pass but he does not not even close

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 16, 2012, 05:05:35 PM

He's got the bod, but the brains are bad news.

And the skills to make consistent throws in the NFL that he needs to be able to make. Time to go.. Sadly, what else is out there? So frustrating to think they need a QB again and NO Tebow sure as sh1t isnt the answer and you know it Java..

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : December 16, 2012, 05:07:10 PM

Call me nuts, but I absolutely do think (know) that Tebow is the answer.

cgnumber7

Starter

#11 : December 16, 2012, 05:08:22 PM

i want tebow!

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 16, 2012, 05:34:27 PM

Is anyone else having troubles seeing the press conferences?  I click on Schiano's video and it takes me to the pregame.  I don't even see one for Freeman.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 16, 2012, 05:39:04 PM

Call me nuts, but I absolutely do think (know) that Tebow is the answer.

I have to ask this.. are you totally serious in your belief that Tim Tebow is a quality NFL caliber quarterback? No trolling here.. just answer honestly. Oh, and yes NUTS!

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#14 : December 16, 2012, 07:17:13 PM

Bo Jackson had a fear of public speaking.... Sure glad he never played here

Bo was not a QB, totally different situations.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FREEMAN AND PRESS CONFERENCES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools