Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FREEMAN AND PRESS CONFERENCES « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#15 : December 16, 2012, 07:19:02 PM

Is anyone else having troubles seeing the press conferences?  I click on Schiano's video and it takes me to the pregame.  I don't even see one for Freeman.

You mean that's twice they have been totally invisible today?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 16, 2012, 07:19:56 PM

Is anyone else having troubles seeing the press conferences?  I click on Schiano's video and it takes me to the pregame.  I don't even see one for Freeman.

You mean that's twice they have been totally invisible today?
Burn.

BucOrDie21

Rookie

#17 : December 16, 2012, 08:49:14 PM

I couldnt care less about how a guys answers questions in a press conference.

Id rather have a socially awkward shut in that wins football games, than a media guru that cant throw an 8 yard slant

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#18 : December 16, 2012, 11:02:52 PM

I couldnt care less about how a guys answers questions in a press conference.

Id rather have a socially awkward shut in that wins football games, than a media guru that cant throw an 8 yard slant

And who are you referring to? Name the media guru that can't throw the 8 yard slant?

Well, whatever you want to call him, you have a QB now that can't throw an 8 yard slant so...

rmiller14

Second String
#19 : December 17, 2012, 02:17:01 AM

I truly believe that all we need to know about Freeman is in the Press Conferences. You look the consistent QBs, Brady, Both Manning, Brees,  RG3, Russell Wilson, etc...

When they get ask questions they answer quickly. That's how they process plays on the field, quickly. For years at the podium Freeman has constantly been slow to answer
and even hasn't remembered some plays in the game. Somtimes he stumbles and says ahh, ahhh, way too many times.

It's been said on these boards many times how he is too slow to react and his receivers have to be COMPLETELY open for him to complete passes (other than great catches by them).

Therefore I am not bringing up anything new but just check out this Press conference, you will see.

If I were the GM I would definetly want a QB who is quick twitch in mentality. I will admit though, Freeman is one of the most durable in the league and that's what I would miss about him but
at this point I would even trade that. We could give him the best O-Line, Coaches, or whatever but the bottom line is that we are going no where with Josh Freeman!

That's ridiculous, and is actually an error a lot of people make.  How quickly you speak or how quickly you respond to something is not a good indicator of how smart you are, let alone how fast you can process football information.  Furthermore, the speech part of the brain is pretty far away from the visual processing part of the brain, and the sizes of each of those parts aren't necessarily related.

In other words, this is a load of bull crap.  Come on guys, get a grip.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 17, 2012, 02:19:41 AM

Are you serious dude? My god, this is getting pathetic.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : December 17, 2012, 02:23:00 AM

Freeman is getting pathetic.

I finally agree with you on something.

chrisras

Starter

#22 : December 17, 2012, 02:27:25 AM

Freeman's Radio show sucks too. Real snooze fest.

BucNtears

Second String

#23 : December 17, 2012, 07:51:56 AM

Freeman, its like listening to a broken record.. same old, same old

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 17, 2012, 08:07:31 AM

Of all the things we have to worry about and this thread is about the level of entertainment from the press conference  ?? Ridiculous.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucNtears

Second String

#25 : December 17, 2012, 08:33:11 AM

You're right about one thing, its getting ridiculous

and I'm referring to the Qb play or lack their of

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 17, 2012, 08:37:58 AM

Go figure, Freeman's response after the game:

"Some of those turnovers were really odd. Chalk it up to miscommunication."

Every time this guy throws an INT, he makes it seem like it's the receivers fault. Dude, own up to your terrible play...stop blaming others.

BucNtears

Second String

#27 : December 17, 2012, 08:40:48 AM

A leader excepts responsibility for his or hers actions.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 17, 2012, 08:45:16 AM

I truly believe that all we need to know about Freeman is in the Press Conferences. You look the consistent QBs, Brady, Both Manning, Brees,  RG3, Russell Wilson, etc...

When they get ask questions they answer quickly. That's how they process plays on the field, quickly. For years at the podium Freeman has constantly been slow to answer and even hasn't remembered some plays in the game. Somtimes he stumbles and says ahh, ahhh, way too many times.
It's been said on these boards many times how he is too slow to react and his receivers have to be COMPLETELY open for him to complete passes (other than great catches by them).

Therefore I am not bringing up anything new but just check out this Press conference, you will see.

If I were the GM I would definetly want a QB who is quick twitch in mentality. I will admit though, Freeman is one of the most durable in the league and that's what I would miss about him but
at this point I would even trade that. We could give him the best O-Line, Coaches, or whatever but the bottom line is that we are going no where with Josh Freeman!

While I do agree with your overall opinion, I don't think this specific part is globally true.  Some players, are "football smart" and not really that great (notice appologists, I didn't say he's stupid - cause I know you'll spin it that way), at speaking and in large crowds.  I don't know Freeman well enough to say that he is only "football smart" or what, I'm simply saying, I just don't think you can make this blanket statement and use it as evidence to prove your point against Freeman.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FREEMAN AND PRESS CONFERENCES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools