Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a bad game - Freeman isn't going anywhere « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 16, 2012, 05:43:20 PM

from my couch i think freemans problem is the game is still to fast for him and always will be.  when he makes up his mind he can make great throws.  but as its been said, he usually needs to see the WR first.  he doesnt have good awareness of where defenders are in a defense...his checkdowns are atrocious.  it doesnt mean freeman is awful...it just means that i dont believe he can lead us to the superbowl.

just look at the throws to clark and underwood today.  make those passes to vjax and mike williams and we realistically have 2 TD's or 2 incompletions.  throw the passes to anyone else and we have utter garbage.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 16, 2012, 05:46:39 PM

from my couch i think freemans problem is the game is still to fast for him and always will be.  when he makes up his mind he can make great throws.  but as its been said, he usually needs to see the WR first.  he doesnt have good awareness of where defenders are in a defense...his checkdowns are atrocious.  it doesnt mean freeman is awful...it just means that i dont believe he can lead us to the superbowl.

just look at the throws to clark and underwood today.  make those passes to vjax and mike williams and we realistically have 2 TD's or 2 incompletions.  throw the passes to anyone else and we have utter garbage.

So basically Freeman needs 10 Pro Bowl caliber players on the field with him and he can win consistently. Most teams have that I spose.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 16, 2012, 05:47:57 PM

I don't post in here often but i wrote this because i'm sick of seeing an entire msg board of fans who hate the bucs. Its a team game.  Dallas Clark caused two of the picks.  If that was Winslow in there everyone would have been calling for his head.

Yep, this is why I post on general NFL boards for the most part.

Way too many idiots on team boards.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#18 : December 16, 2012, 05:49:59 PM

Freeman isn't going anywhere. Thats basically a guarantee.

Games like this will happen to every QB. Brees had a game like this earlier in the season.

But what Josh is, and its not likely to change, is a 50-55% passer. As long as VJ is around, he'll probably have good yards and a good TD-INT ratio. But its very hard to see that at any point in his career he'll be able to deliver the ball consistently and accurately.

But he'll be here.

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to 10 consecutive years of NOT making the playoffs!
Then you might as well log out now lol

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 16, 2012, 05:54:34 PM

Can't make excuses for that performance by Freeman  , it was awful anyway you slice it.

What I can't figure out is why so many on this board are so gleeful about it . If Freeman isn't the guy and we have to start over with a new QB that sets us back 2 more years in the rebuilding process...at least. 

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 16, 2012, 06:01:46 PM

Can't make excuses for that performance by Freeman  , it was awful anyway you slice it.

What I can't figure out is why so many on this board are so gleeful about it . If Freeman isn't the guy and we have to start over with a new QB that sets us back 2 more years in the rebuilding process...at least.

No doubt... thats the worst part of it all.. Not sure anyone is gleeful about it..

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 16, 2012, 06:29:53 PM

Exactly the way I see it. KNOWING he's got precision accuracy issues, Josh ought to be smart enough to NOT throw the ball to Dallas Clark, or any of his TE's, when they are so closely covered. Dallas excelled on precision timing routes with Peyton, who could consistantly hit him on the fingertips in stride. Dallas DOES NOT appear to have the agility to contort his body or stop on a dime to catch a slightly off-target pass. Josh, if he's lucky, can hit that play on the money maybe 1 in 5 tries... Throwing the ball to a checkdown receiver who's way short of a first down and with 2 or 3 defenders on him makes me crazy; Josh has been doing that forever! I have supported Josh up to now, but I have to admit after the last 2 games doubt is beginning to creep in... I don't know how patient Schiano is going to be with him; we know the man DOES NOT like to lose...

grefly

Starter

#22 : December 16, 2012, 07:46:58 PM

Realistically, Freeman isn't going anywhere, as everyone is pointing out. So... how can we "dumb down" the offensive scheme so that it works with what Freeman *can* do?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 16, 2012, 07:55:07 PM

I have been his biggest supporter, but GD !

It seems the problem is between the ears at this point in time.

Pretty depressing to think we need to start over finding a franchise QB.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

youngone

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 16, 2012, 08:03:00 PM

Time to cut the cord.. I'm done with the 2 steps up and 4 steps down crap

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 16, 2012, 08:07:04 PM

I'm tired of hearing excuses for Freeman. I've watched him closely for years. I know what he is. He's an intelligent, athletic guy who just doesn't have the accuracy to be a "franchise" quarterback. I'm dead set on the Bucs looking at other options for the starting quarterback position. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the powers that be are ready to do that. They never seem to want to give up on em until they have enraged the fans to the point of booing, throwing tomatoes, holding up offensive signs and wearing paper bags.

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 16, 2012, 08:15:32 PM

Realistically, Freeman isn't going anywhere, as everyone is pointing out. So... how can we "dumb down" the offensive scheme so that it works with what Freeman *can* do?

This offense is exactly what Freeman needs, it is "dumbed down" already and it fits his skillset better than any other.Freeman is extremely one dimensional.  If you can't stop teams from taking away the deep stuff he is lost.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 16, 2012, 08:40:24 PM

This offense is exactly what Freeman needs, it is "dumbed down" already and it fits his skillset better than any other.Freeman is extremely one dimensional.  If you can't stop teams from taking away the deep stuff he is lost.

That is one GIGANTIC shortcoming!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 16, 2012, 09:03:05 PM

If Freeman isn't the guy and we have to start over with a new QB that sets us back 2 more years in the rebuilding process...at least.

not in todays NFL imo.  if alex smith promises to trust vjax and mike will we wouldnt miss a beat.  could draft a QB in the second (bray, wilson, jones, dysert etc) to groom for a couple seasons.  i bet KC would rather give up extra picks to roll with free rather than guess with geno smith as well.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

PA54BucFan

Practice Squad

#29 : December 16, 2012, 09:17:02 PM

This team is young and experiencing growing pains....be patient....we need another big draft this year and maybe 1 big addition in free agency to be a contender.

Next year both starting guards return....in the draft, we need a stud TE and secondary help.....in free agency, grab a veteran defensive lineman

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a bad game - Freeman isn't going anywhere « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools