Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a bad game - Freeman isn't going anywhere « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 16, 2012, 09:20:41 PM

This team is young and experiencing growing pains....be patient....we need another big draft this year and maybe 1 big addition in free agency to be a contender.

Next year both starting guards return....in the draft, we need a stud TE and secondary help.....in free agency, grab a veteran defensive lineman

That is all well and good.  But what about the QB position?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 16, 2012, 09:24:18 PM

I have been his biggest supporter, but GD !

It seems the problem is between the ears at this point in time.

Pretty depressing to think we need to start over finding a franchise QB.

Agree.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 16, 2012, 09:44:26 PM

Better to start over now rather than wait another 4 years hoping he gets better if he never does.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 16, 2012, 09:48:55 PM

I think realistically they are now thinking they need to get some competition in here in case Josh really isn't the guy. I think Josh will be here next year but if he wants to be Mr. Franchise he's gonna have to make some major changes in his game. Way too slow out there.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 17, 2012, 07:17:09 AM

The defense is messed up talentwise, the OL is patchwork after injuries, it is a new system still, newer players to the team all around, and the overall work ethic has changed.There is enough excuses there for freeman to be starting game one next season.

Although, after watching the game, if I were schiano, I'd have freeman submit to a drug test. If he is on something, I bet he's sharing it with the DBs too.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucNtears

Second String

#35 : December 17, 2012, 07:22:53 AM

Freeman will get one more year..
Next year we'll draft a Qb and or look to snatch one from  maybe New England ?

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#36 : December 17, 2012, 08:27:43 AM

I remember Steve McNair didn't figure it all out till he was in his thirties; neither did Michael Vick(some say he still hasn't).  I must say I'm not interested in waiting till he's in his thirties; but, then again, i'm not the coach.

I was hoping Freeman would be more like McNabb in his development progress; but, it's looking more like McNair/Vick.  I'll be interested in seeing what coach Schiano does in this offseason.

Texas Alexander(probably with Lonnie Johnson) - Bellcow blues,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCXTSKOkhM

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 17, 2012, 08:31:48 AM

Everyone needs to relax.  We got off to a bad start  in this game and it snowballed.  We played hurry up for almost 3 quarters and the saints played well because they are a very good team.  This message board is full of bucs fans who want to cut our QB after a bad game.  We have had a 1200 yard rusher and a pro bowl year for a WR,  That is a HUGE improvement over last season.  At the beginning of the season most predictions had us as a 4 or 5 win team and we will probably go 8-8.  Its too bad that we won't be in the playoffs but Freeman is not the reason we won't be he's a big reason we got this close. Take it in stride and show improvement.  Don't panic.  The bucs are a good team who played a terrible game.

HAHAHA, comical.

By my accounts, yesterday's game was the 5th game of the season where Freeman had less than a 77.0 QB rating. (too many for a supposed franchise QB)

Since the Bucs beat SD, Freeman's play has been awful. Yep, over the past 5 games, Freeman has thrown 7 TDs and 7 INTs and has a completion % of 52%.

But you're right, it's merely a "bad game!!!"

BucNtears

Second String

#38 : December 17, 2012, 08:36:35 AM

consistency is what we need at the Qb position
not one good year then one bad year

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#39 : December 17, 2012, 08:46:29 AM

Unfortunately he probably won't be going anywhere, neither will the Bucs as long as he the starter. 

Coburn1

Starter

#40 : December 17, 2012, 09:30:19 AM

I really want to pull for the guy, but there really aren't too many excuses left this year. He's got some studs around him and just isn't producing. There's been a few too many 'one bad games' this year. We all know about last year. The guy gets suckered in, baited, and confused way too easily and just doesn't seem bright enough to handle NFL defenses. I don't want to start over again but we legitimately at least need to bring in some legitimate competition. Perhaps like the Chargers bring in our own 'Philip Rivers' and if Free turns somehows turn it around like Brees did then great problem to have.

EDIT: Also next year the defense is going to be, "Well he's only 25" and then "he's only 26!"
: December 17, 2012, 09:35:34 AM Coburn1

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 17, 2012, 10:16:54 AM

I don't post in here often but i wrote this because i'm sick of seeing an entire msg board of fans who hate the bucs. Its a team game.  Dallas Clark caused two of the picks.  If that was Winslow in there everyone would have been calling for his head.

Yep, this is why I post on general NFL boards for the most part.

Way too many idiots on team boards.

..you prefer it because general NFL boards are filled with fans that don't know much about the Bucs, so they won't dispute what you say, no matter how incorrect you are. Probably should put the blindfold back on and run back to those boards.

Better to start over now rather than wait another 4 years hoping he gets better if he never does.

Yup. People keep talking about "setting the franchise back a few years"...but the franchise is CURRENTLY set back with Freeman. Time to flush the toilet, and move forward.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 17, 2012, 10:27:27 AM

HAHAHA, comical.

By my accounts, yesterday's game was the 5th game of the season where Freeman had less than a 77.0 QB rating. (too many for a supposed franchise QB)

Since the Bucs beat SD, Freeman's play has been awful. Yep, over the past 5 games, Freeman has thrown 7 TDs and 7 INTs and has a completion % of 52%.

Drew Brees: 5 games under 77.0
Tony Romo: 5 games under 77.0
Matthew Stafford: 5 games under 77.0
Eli Manning: 4 games under 77.0
Andy Dalton: 5 games under 77.0
Cam Newton: 5 games under 77.0
Philip Rivers: 5 games under 77.0
Sam Bradford: 5 games under 77.0
Jay Cutler: 6 games under 77.0

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 17, 2012, 10:57:30 AM

HAHAHA, comical.

interesting list.  doesnt seem that any of those teams should be going to to the playoffs either.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 17, 2012, 10:59:52 AM

HAHAHA, comical.

What's your point? You listed a group of QBs that IMO only has 1 "really good" QB in it. If you're satisfied w/Freeman being comparable to the likes of Romo, Stafford, Rivers, Bradford, etc, have fun w/that.

Should I keep going?

Freeman had a stretch of 5 great games in a row. In the other 9 games this season, he's thrown for 12/ TDs and 11 INTs. Hmmm, sounds pretty terrible to me.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a bad game - Freeman isn't going anywhere « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools