Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a bad game - Freeman isn't going anywhere « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #45 : December 17, 2012, 11:13:54 AM »

HAHAHA, comical.

By my accounts, yesterday's game was the 5th game of the season where Freeman had less than a 77.0 QB rating. (too many for a supposed franchise QB)

Since the Bucs beat SD, Freeman's play has been awful. Yep, over the past 5 games, Freeman has thrown 7 TDs and 7 INTs and has a completion % of 52%.

But you're right, it's merely a "bad game!!!"
Drew Brees: 5 games under 77.0
Tony Romo: 5 games under 77.0
Matthew Stafford: 5 games under 77.0
Eli Manning: 4 games under 77.0
Andy Dalton: 5 games under 77.0
Cam Newton: 5 games under 77.0
Philip Rivers: 5 games under 77.0
Sam Bradford: 5 games under 77.0
Jay Cutler: 6 games under 77.0

What's your point? You listed a group of QBs that IMO only has 1 "really good" QB in it. If you're satisfied w/Freeman being comparable to the likes of Romo, Stafford, Rivers, Bradford, etc, have fun w/that.

Should I keep going?

Freeman had a stretch of 5 great games in a row. In the other 9 games this season, he's thrown for 12/ TDs and 11 INTs. Hmmm, sounds pretty terrible to me.
The point is unless you have a Hall of Fame QB like P. Manning, Brady, or Rodgers, EVERYONE else struggles for at least a couple games each season. So knowing this you have two choices. You either throw away everything you have and hope for a Hall of Fame QB, which hasn't happened for the Bucs in 35 years, or you try and get one of the next level players, surround him with enough talent you can win 2-3 of the games he doesn't bring it, and then hope he can get hot in the playoffs.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

FinkleisEinhorn

Second String

« #46 : December 17, 2012, 11:41:19 AM »

Can't make excuses for that performance by Freeman  , it was awful anyway you slice it.

What I can't figure out is why so many on this board are so gleeful about it . If Freeman isn't the guy and we have to start over with a new QB that sets us back 2 more years in the rebuilding process...at least.

If we're not moving forward, we're moving backward.

Luck
RG3
R. Wilson
Dalton

All first or second year guys currently looking to take their teams to the playoffs...

jhop88

Hall of Famer

« #47 : December 17, 2012, 11:42:13 AM »

HAHAHA, comical.

By my accounts, yesterday's game was the 5th game of the season where Freeman had less than a 77.0 QB rating. (too many for a supposed franchise QB)

Since the Bucs beat SD, Freeman's play has been awful. Yep, over the past 5 games, Freeman has thrown 7 TDs and 7 INTs and has a completion % of 52%.

What's your point? You listed a group of QBs that IMO only has 1 "really good" QB in it. If you're satisfied w/Freeman being comparable to the likes of Romo, Stafford, Rivers, Bradford, etc, have fun w/that.

Should I keep going?

Freeman had a stretch of 5 great games in a row. In the other 9 games this season, he's thrown for 12/ TDs and 11 INTs. Hmmm, sounds pretty terrible to me.
The point is unless you have a Hall of Fame QB like P. Manning, Brady, or Rodgers, EVERYONE else struggles for at least a couple games each season. So knowing this you have two choices. You either throw away everything you have and hope for a Hall of Fame QB, which hasn't happened for the Bucs in 35 years, or you try and get one of the next level players, surround him with enough talent you can win 2-3 of the games he doesn't bring it, and then hope he can get hot in the playoffs.

The title of the thread and 1st post made it seem like Freeman had an off day...as in off days for him are rare. I think we both agree that they're not rare for him and happen more often than they should for a 4th year QB especially w/the players surrounding him on offense this season. He doesn't "bring it" enough IMO...that's the bottom line...way too much inconsistency within games and over the course of a season. People like to label Eli inconsistent which he is...but he's also consistent enough to get his team to the playoffs AND win 2 SBs so the comparison for me is irrelevant.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #48 : December 17, 2012, 11:53:27 AM »

...but jhop...they are rare for him...

...put these on, and you will see...

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #49 : December 17, 2012, 12:01:22 PM »

HAHAHA, comical.

Should I keep going?

The title of the thread and 1st post made it seem like Freeman had an off day...as in off days for him are rare. I think we both agree that they're not rare for him and happen more often than they should for a 4th year QB especially w/the players surrounding him on offense this season. He doesn't "bring it" enough IMO...that's the bottom line...way too much inconsistency within games and over the course of a season. People like to label Eli inconsistent which he is...but he's also consistent enough to get his team to the playoffs AND win 2 SBs so the comparison for me is irrelevant.

Id also say that Eli has been able to have a much better supporting cast than Freeman has. I think we can make the point all day that Freeman isnt elite but I agree with FRG, I think we should know by now Freeman isnt Elite. This was easily his worst game as a pro. He took some steps back yesterday but unless your Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc. You WILL have those days. More than not. So I think what FRG is saying is, to get a Brady, Brees, and Rodgers is INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT. Unless we find one of those type of QBs (Id like for anybody to tell us where we can find that) then we should expect more of these type of performances (Like Freeman had yesterday) from any QB we likely pick up if Freeman is indeed let go. So expect to see more of that regardless if Freeman is let go or not. Its the most likely way it will go. I will repeat what I said earlier in Big letters again. IT IS INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT TO FIND A BRADY, BREES, RODGERS type QB. We can start looking but so is everybody else that doesnt have that QB yet. Hope we can find that soon. Since it comes around Oh so often.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

« #50 : December 17, 2012, 01:22:10 PM »

HAHAHA, comical.

Should I keep going?

People like to label Eli inconsistent which he is...but he's also consistent enough to get his team to the playoffs AND win 2 SBs so the comparison for me is irrelevant.

Jesus christ, QB's don't win Superbowls you **CENSORED**ing idiot. Teams do.

The Giants put up 17 points in the Superbowl. They held the dominant  Patriots offense to 14 points and actually got a pass rush on Brady which no one could do that year. That defense did a hell of a lot more than Eli did to win that SB.

And guess what? Freeman's defense is garbage. We can't even stop Nick Foles. How the **CENSORED** do you expect us to win a Superbowl with this garbage defense?

I can't believe you are seriously this dumb.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #51 : December 17, 2012, 01:30:10 PM »

HAHAHA, comical.

Should I keep going?

People like to label Eli inconsistent which he is...but he's also consistent enough to get his team to the playoffs AND win 2 SBs so the comparison for me is irrelevant.

The Giants put up 17 points in the Superbowl. They held the dominant  Patriots offense to 14 points and actually got a pass rush on Brady which no one could do that year. That defense did a hell of a lot more than Eli did to win that SB.

And guess what? Freeman's defense is garbage. We can't even stop Nick Foles. How the **CENSORED** do you expect us to win a Superbowl with this garbage defense?

I agree RGS. I think this is something guys need to really factor in. Its very easy to throw everything on the QB. I dont think thats what is gonna happen inside OBP. It will happen all day long on a message board. Not the case in the film room.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #52 : December 17, 2012, 01:34:52 PM »

HAHAHA, comical.

Should I keep going?

pequeña chica es muy enojado.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

« #53 : December 17, 2012, 03:52:45 PM »

HAHAHA, comical.

Should I keep going?

And I can't believe you're seriously this big of a d'bag. Oh wait, I can.

Eli Manning in the Giants 2 SB years:

6 TDs/1 INT

9 TDs/1 INT

You're right, he didn't win the SBs by himself, but he sure played a big role in winning them.

Yet we sit here w/Josh Freeman who can't even play a big role in getting his team to the playoffs...

you f'ing idiot.
« : December 17, 2012, 03:55:48 PM jhop88 »

TheAman

Hall of Famer
« #54 : December 17, 2012, 03:54:23 PM »

You realize that statistically, Philip Rivers is a bottom 10 QB this year right?  If you want to stick him in a group with Philip Rivers, then ok....but that's weird.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a bad game - Freeman isn't going anywhere « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools