Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “Unacceptable” « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« : December 16, 2012, 05:49:21 PM »

The leader of the New Schiano Order, Greg Schiano, took a break from dealing with college football and NBA fans in the locker room to discuss the nauseating shutout loss to the Saints on the Bucs radio network.

Schiano made no excuses and pulled no punches calling the loss “unacceptable.”

“We went on the road in a division game and did just what we cannot do. There were not any big errors, we just didn’t play well on defense at times. There were no busts, nothing glaring, just got outdone today.

“With the turnovers and these things, that is unacceptable. We can get it fixed. We know what to do. It is frustrating and I know it is frustrating for our fans.

“Drew Brees, hey he is a first ballot Hall of Famer. He will get his passes. He is elite.

On Josh Freeman’s terrible day: [Interceptions] severely impacted the game but is it just Josh Freeman? No. He doesn’t block. He doesn’t run routes. When we lose it is a group effort. And we didn’t coach as well as we needed to.”http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80209

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #1 : December 16, 2012, 06:38:06 PM »

A lot of new names will be on this roster next season - Coach S will make sure of that

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 16, 2012, 07:29:14 PM »

Hopefully one of those new names is at the QB position.

Whether it's the starter or just someone to force Freeman to actually WORK to keep his job.

Bet anything if Freeman feels pressure from a 2nd string guy, he'll put in a little extra effort to understand a defense. And if he doesn't, then we know he's not the guy. Nothing can go wrong by bringing in a starting caliber QB to challenge Freeman.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : December 16, 2012, 07:31:54 PM »

Based on Schiano's reserved reactions in the last month I cannot say he is "on board" and there will be some competition next year.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 17, 2012, 01:55:15 AM »

Idk what is wrong with free, but he was doing a number of things wrong (actually worried, because no one was correcting him).

#1 He was holding onto the ball for way to long. 1..2..3.. throw. Brees does it all the time.
#2 He was slow in his movements. Play with some swag please.
#3 he locked on to WRs again, not as bad as normal, but he was. A look off would be nice once in awhile.
#4 He was overthowing or under throwing the entire game. I know that literally is part of his game to cut back on ints (after all, ints are wore than an incomplete). Maybe he felt pressured to do something and it backfired with ints?
#5 It's not like I know what was said, but it sure looked like he was calling out Wrs, in which case, even my freefan self was like "wtf."

Now, I still think free is and will be a good QB, but after the whooping I witnessed, he had better get his head on straight. 4 seasons and we're watching the likes of Luck and rg3 play like they've been around longer. Free is not schiano's guy, so he had better show something the next game.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #5 : December 17, 2012, 06:19:36 AM »

The team's peaking early and fading quickly is what's concerning.  You have to point toward injuries, the lack of depth, and the DB fiasco with Wright and Talib.  The coaching staff's inability to adjust is also concerning.  I hope that Coach S can settle things down, bring stability to the organization, and not allow this to turn into a Morris-type situation where things totally got out of hand.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : December 17, 2012, 07:40:42 AM »

Rick Stroud said this morning that the head coach mentioned that he'd look into simplifying things - (dummy down?) on offense. That they were trying to do too much......to me that sounds like Freeman is having a hard time grasping the offense.

BucNtears

Second String

« #7 : December 17, 2012, 07:45:13 AM »

Maybe he does not have the ability to fully grasp this or any NFL style system.

4th year Qb having the system dummied down, really?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #8 : December 17, 2012, 08:08:34 AM »

Last time I heard a head coach say that he was going to "simplify things" was Raheem Morris.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 17, 2012, 08:11:56 AM »

From my expierence , "simplify things" always translates to :

"We're F*cked. "

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucNtears

Second String

« #10 : December 17, 2012, 08:26:54 AM »

Exactly ^^

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : December 17, 2012, 05:53:17 PM »

From my expierence , "simplify things" always translates to :

"We're F*cked. "
you can say that again

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : December 18, 2012, 03:23:17 PM »

“There’s None Better In This League”

Mad props to the leader of the New Schiano Order for letting fans attack the state of the Bucs on his radio show last night on WDAE-AM 620. Greg Schiano manned up and didn’t have producers cut off callers, specifically two back-to-back angry diatribes that each lasted more than two minutes, and he handled them with class.

Joe hasn’t heard such fiery, in-your-face criticism since Joe listened to The Boomer Esiason Show in 1994, when Jets fans would scream at the quarterback mercilessly every Monday evening.

Schiano didn’t get defensive, except when it came to a shot fired at rockstar general manager Mark Dominik, who Schiano called the best GM in the business.

Caller Brian following his 2 minute and 5 second, uninterrupted verbal thrashing of Josh Freeman, playcalling and the general Bucs experience of the past few weeks: Don’t let that general manager get in the way. Cause I’m hoping he’s next to get outta here. He should have went behind Jon Gruden, really, but I guess they’re going to give him a little bit more longer. Because he ain’t done nothing since he been here. Nothin’.

Greg Schiano: Alright Brian, I appreciate that. You know I’m glad that you were going to lay back on this one (playfully sarcastic) because, man, if Jimmy hadn’t called before, you might have really laid into me. Look, I understand your frustration. Let me just get a couple of things straight. No. 1, at the very end there you made a comment about Mark Dominik. There’s none better in this league. He’s doing an incredible job. He’s been a huge, huge help to me since we’ve arrived. You look at the draft we just had. You look at what we did in free agency. Just give us a chance, OK. Again, I understand the frustration. I don’t want to downplay that at all. But don’t be so sure that we’re going to lose the next two like you said. Just give us a chance and let us go out and play it out. … I strongly believe in our football team and our coaching staff, and I strongly believe in what we do and how we do it and how we approach things. We’re going to bounce back. And we’re going to play good football. And, you know, like I said, go out this week and play the very, very best  that we’re capable. I think that’s going to be something that our fans are going to enjoy seeing. I appreciate the passsion and how much you care. That’s what makes this place special.

Again, Joe has to give it up for the head coach for respecting and appreciating the fans’ passion — even when it’s presented negatively. And trust Joe, there was a load of negativity from these two callers.

As for Schiano’s love for Dominik, it’s not surprising. Dominik dropped three stunning draft picks in Schiano’s lap, and an elite wide receiver in free agency that made the entire offense better. As for the dreadful cornerback situation, clearly Schiano bought into the concept of Aqib Talib’s phony transformation as much as Dominik, so the head coach can’t knock the GM for what happened there.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80378

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #13 : December 18, 2012, 03:43:27 PM »

" Dominik dropped three stunning draft picks in Schiano’s lap,"

More than a little speculation there.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #14 : December 18, 2012, 03:54:06 PM »

A lot of new names will be on this roster next season - Coach S will make sure of that

Whenever you mention Schiano, you always insist on putting Coach in front of his name.

Coach Schiano, Coach S...

You didn't do it with Morris. Why is that?
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “Unacceptable” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools