Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pete Carroll up 30 runs fake punt.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 17, 2012, 07:07:07 AM

Schiano ran a fake punt in that Saints game.   there was nothing wrong with it.   Good call.

Heck, they ran that play perfect. Should've used it a few more times in regular situations it worked so well.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 17, 2012, 12:20:32 PM

not a fan of carroll's moves.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 17, 2012, 12:40:25 PM

So for argument sake why is this an acceptable exhibition of lack of sportsmanship however Schiano got so much grief for the Giants kneel down play?

Both are perfectly acceptable.  And if other teams want to cheap shot the Bucs or Seahawks because of it, that's perfectly acceptable as well.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 17, 2012, 01:38:53 PM

SF was up 31-3 last night before NE came storming back to tie it. You wouldn't be OK with SF faking a punt when they were up 31-3?

I'm specifically talking about yesterday and not the game where Seattle was up 50 something points.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 17, 2012, 03:08:52 PM

Don't worry about Morgan.... she's got a lot going on in her head right now

Menopause can make things rough. Keep your head up, Morgana.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : December 17, 2012, 05:33:29 PM

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 17, 2012, 05:42:50 PM

SF was up 31-3 last night before NE came storming back to tie it. You wouldn't be OK with SF faking a punt when they were up 31-3?

I'm specifically talking about yesterday and not the game where Seattle was up 50 something points.

not really. i think timing of the game plays into as well.  would harbaugh be sending the message that he doesnt trust his defense with that move?  that he feels he needs gimmicks to hold a lead?  that his team is lucky?

i heard what carroll said and i understand his excuse...just think its poor game management by him and the ST's coach.  carroll went for 2 up big against the raiders?  or was it a fake FG?  throwing all over the yard late in the game you didnt mention.  i got no problem with folks liking it, i just dont. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 17, 2012, 09:25:54 PM

I don't have a problem with Carroll playing the game 60 minutes, but he sure had a problem when Jim Harbaugh did it to him:

He's a hypocrite on this one.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 17, 2012, 09:36:55 PM

Yup.  Carroll is getting senile.  Selectively of course.

Pete Carroll has been a scumbag for a minute now.  Looks like he is riding that minute for a bit longer...

And no, I could care less if he ran the fake punt.  The ST defense should have been prepared.  They weren't.  They paid. 

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pete Carroll up 30 runs fake punt.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools