Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why isn't anyone calling out Sheridan? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Live4BUCS

Second String

: December 16, 2012, 07:26:14 PM

even with our horrible corners the problems our still more with the scheme. Too many DE's covering receivers, we haven't seen it lately but it's there. LB's aren't playing back far enough for pass coverage. We need less stunts to let our Dline utilize their strengths. Sheridan sucked with the Giants, they had a top ten defense the year he after he left.

gone

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 16, 2012, 07:27:41 PM

people have been discussing this for a while already.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 16, 2012, 07:30:29 PM

I think Sheridan will be one of the coaching changes this offseason. If that happens, I wonder if Schiano contacts Kiffin?

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 16, 2012, 07:47:26 PM

I think it has been established that is Schiano's defense IIRC.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

indiana76buc

Second String

#4 : December 16, 2012, 07:50:36 PM

its difficult to gauge how good/bad he is these corners are so awful

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 16, 2012, 08:20:15 PM

its difficult to gauge how good/bad he is these corners are our DB coach is so awful

Cooper has to be a casualty.  When a top ten DB pick is having the same issues as your UDFAs and all of them are worse than they should be, your DB coach needs to be held accountable.  We've seen these issues before and seen them resolved with coaching changes.

And the whole scheme is questionable, and it's not Sheridan's, it's Rutger's scheme.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 16, 2012, 08:22:54 PM

its difficult to gauge how good/bad he is these corners are our DB coach is so awful

Cooper has to be a casualty.  When a top ten DB pick is having the same issues as your UDFAs and all of them are worse than they should be, your DB coach needs to be held accountable.  We've seen these issues before and seen them resolved with coaching changes.

And the whole scheme is questionable, and it's not Sheridan's, it's Rutger's scheme.

Agree.   As I watch Brandon Carr win the game for the Cowgirls.   I can only dream what might have been.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

nick777777

Starter
#7 : December 16, 2012, 08:23:28 PM

I have a problem with some of his calls and have been saying we might make a change.  However, having said that I watch EJ Biggers on a corner press completely whiff his press on the receiver and it ended up as a touchdown.  It's so hard to judge Sherridan right now because of corners like Biggers.  Would his plays work with better personnel?  Who knows right now.  I think Barron played a hell of a game today though, and was around the ball A LOT.  Mainly picking up his corners blown coverages.  I think any defensive cordinator can look good with talented players.  However the really good cordinators can play to his players strengths and make his scheme look good because he is willing to adapt to their strengths.  I don't see Sheridan adapting, or maybe he is and his players just don't have strengths. 

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 16, 2012, 08:23:43 PM

The scheme was bad with talib and wright.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 16, 2012, 08:25:54 PM

Show me the defense that works without a pass rush and without anyone who can cover , and then I will jump on the "blame the coach" bandwagon...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 16, 2012, 08:44:11 PM

Show me the defense that works without a pass rush and without anyone who can cover , and then I will jump on the "blame the coach" bandwagon...

I swear you expect 6 sacks a game...every game.

Jumper

Second String

#11 : December 16, 2012, 08:47:50 PM

I think people are done calling the defense out. It is what it is. They can't rush the passer, they got laughed at on 3rd and longs today. They can't cover. Can't. And coaching does not get a pass. They give up the same throws over and over.

bucs2k3

Practice Squad

#12 : December 16, 2012, 08:55:55 PM

During the Cowboys-Steelers game, I heard the commentator say that Pittsburgh were starting their 6th and 7th corner due to injuries. Not sure if he was exaggerating but their defence looked like the steel curtain of old compared to what we have seen from the Bucs this season.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#13 : December 16, 2012, 09:19:10 PM

I'd love for Kiffin to return, but think he goes to a team with an offensive coach.

I could see Sheridan as a casualty but I think the problem is bigger than one person.

The scheme has some legitimate issues at the NFL level

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 16, 2012, 09:28:16 PM

Giants blamed Sheridan in 09.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why isn't anyone calling out Sheridan? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools