Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why isn't anyone calling out Sheridan? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PA54BucFan

Practice Squad

#15 : December 16, 2012, 09:38:23 PM

Perfect scenario.....Lions fire Schwartz, Bucs fire Sheridan...Schwartz runs the defense. The guy had stellar defenses in Tennessee, but is not head coaching material

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 16, 2012, 09:42:31 PM

what about the defense do you blame on sheridan?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucOrDie21

Rookie

#17 : December 16, 2012, 09:44:57 PM

I think he means the scheme/play calling eapecially dropping our de's into zone. I understand why people hate seeing it bc it rarely works but we have to do dofferent thing bc our secondary cant cover a pot to boil water.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 16, 2012, 09:48:20 PM

I think he means the scheme/play calling eapecially dropping our de's into zone. I understand why people hate seeing it bc it rarely works but we have to do dofferent thing bc our secondary cant cover a pot to boil water.
True. I can't fault the guy for trying every trick in the book to help this rag ass secondary we have.

Wesmon

Second String

#19 : December 16, 2012, 09:52:54 PM

Just off hand I can think of the call today where he had a backup DE covering Graham. Play calls like that are suicide. And I have been supportive of Sheridan for the most part.

BucOrDie21

Rookie

#20 : December 16, 2012, 09:55:22 PM

Yup. Cant blame a coach for doing what a coach is supposed to. If nothing works hey try something new if that doesnt work keep trying until something does. Im not ready to ax sheridan yet but realistically its one of two things:
Sheridan(Schiano) has a bad scheme not suited for the NFL
Or
We just dont have the players that allow his scheme to work.

Id like to see where we are two years from now

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 16, 2012, 10:29:13 PM

Just off hand I can think of the call today where he had a backup DE covering Graham. Play calls like that are suicide. And I have been supportive of Sheridan for the most part.

i dislike that also.  but do you think the playcall was designed for morgan to cover graham?  no matter who is in coverage if the DL doesnt get home the defender will get beat in time.  i dont think i fault sheridan for the zone blitz though.

i have to believe that sheridan is calling games the way schiano wants them called.  which is kinda scary imo.  on the other hand, what else can you do?

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#22 : December 16, 2012, 10:56:26 PM

I have never seen a team where the corners NEVER turn their head to make a play on the ball. It is terrible and I have been saying it since these young guys came in.

Johnson doesn't turn his head, or Gorrer, Lewis, any of them. At least Talib would get a few picks because he did turn his head. This is Football 101 and these guys played in college, so they know to turn their head.

Jumper

Second String

#23 : December 16, 2012, 11:09:29 PM

Let's say the defense continues to be a failure. And if it's Schiano's defense, and he is the control freak he is rumored to be, would that be an obstacle to bringing in another coordinator with a different scheme?

nick777777

Starter
#24 : December 16, 2012, 11:48:24 PM

I don't think that was called when the DE covered graham.  The running back bounced out and no one was on that side other than 1 corner.  That was really impulse by the DE who dropped back and tried covering the guy. 

watson

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 17, 2012, 06:23:25 AM

I don't think that was called when the DE covered graham.  The running back bounced out and no one was on that side other than 1 corner.  That was really impulse by the DE who dropped back and tried covering the guy.
Nick,
OK...so where the heck was the LB or DB that should have been covering the TE?  Instead of reacting like that, I would rather he rush the passer.....he has as much chance...if not better...of getting to the QB as he does trying to cover a faster TE.  That either falls to a failure of the coaches to pound it into their heads to do their jobs instead of trying to do someone elses or a failure of the scheme or the player for ignoring what he has been trained to do.  There have been way too many times this year where the DLman was trying to cover downfield or in the LB area, so it must be the scheme they are playing. 

I think it was Einstein that said that doing something the same way over and over again and expecting different results was the definition of "insanity".........well this defensive scheme would appear to be applying that principle.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

BucNtears

Second String

#26 : December 17, 2012, 07:48:49 AM

Sheriden= scape goat
Everything good or bad about this team starts at the top

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 17, 2012, 10:20:04 AM

When the QB hits his 3rd and 5th step the ball is immediately coming out and his primary read is wide open...more so then I ever seen before at the NFL level. Opposing teams/QBs are reading our defense too easily.  He tips off the blitzes, puts players in bad situations (ie overmatched CBs 1 on 1 vs monster wideouts) and has blown too many games late in the 4th.

Giants canned him after one year for a reason. He stinks.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 17, 2012, 10:47:24 AM

even with our horrible corners the problems our still more with the scheme. Too many DE's covering receivers, we haven't seen it lately but it's there. LB's aren't playing back far enough for pass coverage. We need less stunts to let our Dline utilize their strengths. Sheridan sucked with the Giants, they had a top ten defense the year he after he left.

Because Freeman is the whipping boy right now.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 17, 2012, 10:54:10 AM

When the QB hits his 3rd and 5th step the ball is immediately coming out and his primary read is wide open...more so then I ever seen before at the NFL level. Opposing teams/QBs are reading our defense too easily.  He tips off the blitzes, puts players in bad situations (ie overmatched CBs 1 on 1 vs monster wideouts) and has blown too many games late in the 4th.

Giants canned him after one year for a reason. He stinks.

do you think its that the offense is reading our defense too easily, or reading our defensive playcalls?  do you believe that schiano and cox and davis see the blitz tip offs?  do you believe that is something that comes from the way sheridan calls plays or schianos defense is set up?  as for players in bad situations i agree...but not sure there is an answer.  QB's in the league will eat up zone with no pressure.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why isn't anyone calling out Sheridan? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools