Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alex Smith? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 16, 2012, 10:33:54 PM

No, he lacks leadership just like Freeman does.

Tebow sadly might be the best option.

Wait..so lemme get this straight. Yall rag Josh for making crappy throws and being innacurate...but you wanna bring in Tebow?

Yall are clowns...jesus

It's about leadership and keeping your team in games.

When your QB is out there playing with heart and being a leader, the whole team plays better.

Tebow won't have the stats that Freeman has, but he would win us games.

He would convert important 3rd downs with his legs, and he wouldn't stall drives at the most important time, and make the defense get complacent.

Since last year, when Freeman looks unprepared and sloppy, the defense just gives up because they're not in the game mentally. Tebow is a guy who can get them in the game.

I think Freeman would do a lot better on a team that he doesn't need to lead.

JoeAbdoney89

Rookie
#16 : December 16, 2012, 11:36:37 PM

Now I know this is a strange, but what would you say about Michael Vick? Give the guy an O line and he can make the throws...or do you just draft a rook?

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#17 : December 16, 2012, 11:51:55 PM

Bridgewater won't be in this draft. He'll probably be a top pick next year so we're going to have to suck.
: December 17, 2012, 12:01:32 AM bucsquad

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#18 : December 17, 2012, 01:34:29 AM

No to Vick, and not just because of the dog **CENSORED**e.  He is a bit inconsistent himself, and cannot hold up for a 16 game season.  He also is not a long term solution, which is what we need. 

If Gruden were our coach still, then you know starship 7 would be on the way to Tampa, but I don't see it happening with coach S.  As for Smith, I was thinking about this one too.  Bring him in and let him compete.  Either he wins the job and is better than Freeman, or he pushes Freeman to be better and makes him earn his job.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#19 : December 17, 2012, 01:37:33 AM

As for Tebow, I actually think you have hit the nail on the head Lyron, but I just can't get behind a QB that can't throw.  Though he has a certain energy and definitely the heart and the legs, I want a QB more for his mind and arm. Leadership is important, but not the only thing.  In the NFL the defensive players are too good for a guy like Tebow to excel at QB.  It takes a little more than want-to.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#20 : December 17, 2012, 01:39:27 AM

He also is not a long term solution, which is what we need. 

If Gruden were our coach still, then you know starship 7 would be on the way to Tampa

Why do the Bucs need a long term solution?    A guy who can come in and win immediately with the top talent they already have on offense would be nice.

If Gruden were still coach, Peyton Manning would have been the Bucs QB this year, so this would all be a moot point.     I thought it was sickening that the Bucs didn't go after Manning in the off season when he was available.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 17, 2012, 01:57:58 AM

As for Tebow, I actually think you have hit the nail on the head Lyron, but I just can't get behind a QB that can't throw.  Though he has a certain energy and definitely the heart and the legs, I want a QB more for his mind and arm. Leadership is important, but not the only thing.  In the NFL the defensive players are too good for a guy like Tebow to excel at QB.  It takes a little more than want-to.

Tebow would be in his 4th season, and he's been working on improving. When a guy like that works on something, he will eventually get decent results.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 17, 2012, 02:16:01 AM

Wait..so lemme get this straight. Yall rag Josh for making crappy throws and being innacurate...but you wanna bring in Tebow?

Yall are clowns...jesus

When your QB is out there playing with heart and being a leader, the whole team plays better.

He would convert important 3rd downs with his legs, and he wouldn't stall drives at the most important time, and make the defense get complacent.

Since last year, when Freeman looks unprepared and sloppy, the defense just gives up because they're not in the game mentally. Tebow is a guy who can get them in the game.

Holy **CENSORED**... this guy is serious.

I can't believe this guy is actually dead serious about this. LOL.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#23 : December 17, 2012, 02:19:58 AM

Yall are clowns...jesus

Agreed.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 17, 2012, 06:27:44 AM

Tim Tebow???? You guys must be joking. Mark Sanchez sucks more than Freeman and Tim Tebow still can't see the field.

His leadership wouldn't mean jack **CENSORED** when our defense puts down 2 scores and he would actually have to throw to the ball.

BucNtears

Second String

#25 : December 17, 2012, 07:27:14 AM

Tebow is a proven winner.  enough said

Ms Elam

Starter

#26 : December 17, 2012, 08:59:16 AM

I don't understand the fascination with him and Flynn.

they regularly complete passes?
So did Freeman last year...If you respond I got you lol
A lot of them bailouts to Kaptain Kregg Lumpkin, our Fearless Beast!
That spin move was deadly!
Well none of you guys want Alex Smith then. All he does is check the ball down. He had a grand total of 2 incompletions over his last 2 starts. Yet he's on the bench.  The coach would have to call 4 vertical routes for him to throw it more than 15 yards, and even then there's still a50 percent chance he will hold it and take a sack.
: December 17, 2012, 09:00:57 AM Ms Elam

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 17, 2012, 01:11:14 PM

Tim Tebow???? You guys must be joking. Mark Sanchez sucks more than Freeman and Tim Tebow still can't see the field.

His leadership wouldn't mean jack **CENSORED** when our defense puts down 2 scores and he would actually have to throw to the ball.

Nope, the sad thing is that they are actually 100% serious.

We all know when Java does it he is just trolling, but some of the people here truly think Tebow would be an upgrade.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 17, 2012, 05:45:50 PM

We all know when Java does it he is just trolling, but some of the people here truly think Tebow would be an upgrade.

i could make an argument for it...but i wouldnt put my money down.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 17, 2012, 07:27:48 PM

I wouldn't mind him and Freeman competing. That would be alright.

would it really be beneficial to take reps away from your starting QB and possibly divide the lockerroom?

You need some healthy competition at QB.  Divide?  Is that what you call competition?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alex Smith? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools