Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alex Smith? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 17, 2012, 09:07:35 PM

You need some healthy competition at QB.  Divide?  Is that what you call competition?

how many great teams have healthy competition at QB?  how many teams have used a 1st round pick on a QB only to later have competition bring out his best?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 17, 2012, 10:00:26 PM

Not a fan of Smitty's.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 17, 2012, 10:38:28 PM

Not a fan of Smitty's.

im not crazy about him either, but im sure ready to debate some options as a fan.  and if taking a shot with smith meant we acquired KC's 1st and 2nd picks...well he sounds much better.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 17, 2012, 10:55:05 PM

Not a fan of Smitty's.

im not crazy about him either, but im sure ready to debate some options as a fan.  and if taking a shot with smith meant we acquired KC's 1st and 2nd picks...well he sounds much better.
In what world do we acquire Kansas City's 1st and 2nd round picks?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 17, 2012, 11:04:44 PM

KC needs a QB.  we have a QB with measurables off the charts, who grew up loving him some chiefs, and who's shown the ability to play with the elite of the NFL.  KC saw free throw for 350 and 3 TD's earlier against them.  KC has weapons and a strong OL.  they might believe the missing link is freeman.

is freeman not worth a 2nd pick for the chiefs?  compared to any of the college guys?

bashear

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 17, 2012, 11:09:49 PM

KC needs a QB.  we have a QB with measurables off the charts, who grew up loving him some chiefs, and who's shown the ability to play with the elite of the NFL.  KC saw free throw for 350 and 3 TD's earlier against them.  KC has weapons and a strong OL.  they might believe the missing link is freeman.

is freeman not worth a 2nd pick for the chiefs?  compared to any of the college guys?
You lost me, which is not hard to do. Are we talking about a 1st and 2nd, or just a 2nd?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 17, 2012, 11:10:10 PM

I would be all for it, but after seeing the debacle of the raiders trading high draft picks for a bad QB, I highly doubt they would take that chance with Freeman.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 17, 2012, 11:13:57 PM

You lost me, which is not hard to do. Are we talking about a 1st and 2nd, or just a 2nd?

the opportunity cost of freeman.  maybe im looking at it wrong, but if they are set on taking a QB with their 1st...would you rather roll the dice on geno smith, with no NFL experience, who cracked at wvu under the bright lights?  or would you consider freeman your 1st round pick and give up a 2nd to get him?

its definitely not worded as clear as it sounds in my mind!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 17, 2012, 11:16:03 PM

I would be all for it, but after seeing the debacle of the raiders trading high draft picks for a bad QB, I highly doubt they would take that chance with Freeman.

after seeing the debacle of the raiders drafting russell at #1, would they take a chance on a guy like geno smith?  and i think any carson palmer-josh freeman comparison is way off base.  palmer was 31 and past his prime.  freeman is 24 and should be entering his.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#39 : December 17, 2012, 11:16:53 PM

The Chiefs shouldn't be trading for any QB, well at least that's my thought. They've done the BPA thing, they've tried to get a QB that flashed before, they haven't drafted a QB in round one since 1983 and with all that look at them now. They have to take the gamble of finding "their" guy even if it's a reach.

That's why I don't see the Chiefs trying to trade for Freeman.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 17, 2012, 11:22:57 PM

who do you think is a better player, geno smith or josh freeman?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 17, 2012, 11:23:02 PM

after seeing the debacle of the raiders drafting russell at #1, would they take a chance on a guy like geno smith?  and i think any carson palmer-josh freeman comparison is way off base.  palmer was 31 and past his prime.  freeman is 24 and should be entering his.

4 years in and he's still a bad QB. No way KC could justify giving up that much for him. That would be strong armed robbery on our part.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 17, 2012, 11:24:44 PM

4 years in and he's still a bad QB. No way KC could justify giving up that much for him. That would be strong armed robbery on our part.

sure, i dont expect it to happen.  but why are we holding onto a "bad QB"?  how much could KC justify giving up in your opinion?

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#43 : December 17, 2012, 11:26:58 PM

who do you think is a better player, geno smith or josh freeman?
I have no clue, we'll be finding out in a few years though.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 17, 2012, 11:28:36 PM

I have no clue, we'll be finding out in a few years though.

i dont think its farfetched to think that the chiefs would choose freeman over geno smith.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alex Smith? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools