Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who the Bucs Need in Free Agency « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 17, 2012, 05:58:24 PM

You guys are making some really good points against the idea, oh wait you're really not. You're just talking out your @sses like you usually do.

Can someone tell me why it wouldn't be a good idea to sign a guy who has over 100 catches in 5 years, who is clearly the best and most experienced underneath receiver in the game to a team who has the worst  short passing game? Welker was good before he was traded to New England so the argument that Brady makes him is bogus.

Freeman already has enough receiving weapons as it is. If V-Jackson, Mike Williams, T. Underwood, Dallas Clark, and L. Stocker can't help Freeman nothing will. Bring another WR won't help. This team has more pressing issues and the WR corps is the least of them.

Underwood and Stocker are mediocre to bad, and Clark at this point is just serviceable. Freeman really has 2 top notch receiving weapons with the hopes that Martin could become another one. How many playmakers do Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Ryan or even Rothelsburger have? Our top 2 WR's may be top 5 in the league, but our receiving core as a whole is not top 10.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 17, 2012, 05:59:33 PM

Freeman has no reliable check down option

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 17, 2012, 06:04:44 PM

this is on freeman imo.  watch a QB like luck...he sets up his checkdowns.  freeman sells his checkdowns out imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 17, 2012, 06:14:50 PM

this is on freeman imo.  watch a QB like luck...he sets up his checkdowns.  freeman sells his checkdowns out imo.

We don't have Luck, we have Freeman.  Freeman has shown the ability to make great use of a check down option he trusts (eg Graham). As long as teams continue to focus on the deep option, we need an underneath option. Part of that is scheme, part is personnel.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 17, 2012, 06:34:46 PM

We don't have Luck, we have Freeman.  Freeman has shown the ability to make great use of a check down option he trusts (eg Graham). As long as teams continue to focus on the deep option, we need an underneath option. Part of that is scheme, part is personnel.

i think there is a big difference in throwing a checkdown to an open guy or to a covered guy.  the QB plays a big role in this imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 17, 2012, 06:42:04 PM

Most of it is because our QB cannot hit marks on a field consistently. 

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#21 : December 17, 2012, 08:59:09 PM

You guys are making some really good points against the idea, oh wait you're really not. You're just talking out your @sses like you usually do.

Can someone tell me why it wouldn't be a good idea to sign a guy who has over 100 catches in 5 years, who is clearly the best and most experienced underneath receiver in the game to a team who has the worst  short passing game? Welker was good before he was traded to New England so the argument that Brady makes him is bogus.

Freeman already has enough receiving weapons as it is. If V-Jackson, Mike Williams, T. Underwood, Dallas Clark, and L. Stocker can't help Freeman nothing will. Bring another WR won't help. This team has more pressing issues and the WR corps is the least of them.

Underwood and Stocker are mediocre to bad, and Clark at this point is just serviceable. Freeman really has 2 top notch receiving weapons with the hopes that Martin could become another one. How many playmakers do Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Ryan or even Rothelsburger have? Our top 2 WR's may be top 5 in the league, but our receiving core as a whole is not top 10.

Freeman has more options now than he ever had in his young career thus far. Like I said, his receiving corps is not an issue.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 17, 2012, 09:38:55 PM

We have the worst NFL pass defense in history and this thread is for a #3 WR. lmao

That's just great. I mean, I don't know how many teams have won more than 7 games with a pass D as bad as this one is.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 17, 2012, 09:39:25 PM

We have the worst NFL pass defense in history and this thread is for a #3 WR. lmao

That's just great. I mean, I don't know how many teams have won more than 7 games with a pass D as bad as this one is.
Remarkable.  Stunningly bad.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#24 : December 17, 2012, 09:41:12 PM

The Colts, Giants, and Patriots won superbowls with bad secondaries. Just sayin! lol

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 17, 2012, 09:44:20 PM

The Colts, Giants, and Patriots won superbowls with bad secondaries. Just sayin! lol
All those teams had all-pro players on their defensive line and an elite QB to always keep them in games.

And I don't think your understanding just how bad our secondary is. Yeah those 3 teams gave up a lot of yards but they weren't on pace for the worst in the history of the game like Tampa is. Let that sink in.....

bashear

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 17, 2012, 11:07:40 PM

Bogus? There's no difference between whoever was throwing the ball to him in Miami and Tom Brady??? Don't get me wrong, Welker has been a force in NE--they brought out his best. But let's look at some stats:

2005 Miami: Caught 29 of 52 targets. 434 yds.
2006 Miami: Caught 67 of 100 targets. 687 yds.

2007 NE: Caught 112 of 145 targets. 1175 yds.
2008 NE: Caught 112 of 150 targets. 1165 yds.

We all know the rest of the story. Brady and NE's offense were a perfect match for Welker. He wouldn't catch 100 balls in this offense. His worth to us is much less than to the Pats, and they may let him walk after this season. We have far too many holes on the opposite side of the ball to worry about throwing money at a slot guy who'll be 32 next season.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who the Bucs Need in Free Agency « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools