Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fennelly: Bucs' unease rises as Freeman take steps back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 17, 2012, 04:12:39 PM

A few weeks ago Drew Brees threw 5 interceptions in a single game. Same thing for Ryan, though the fowlgoons still pulled out a win. Eli went in the toilet yesterday, and the Giants will need help to get in the playoffs now. Tom Brady sucked last night. He couldn't do anything until his team was down 31-3. Did anyone here read the latest Fab 5? Most teams in the league would love to have Freeman, slumps, streaks, and all. Freeman has done some amazing things under less than perfect circumstances. I'm not trying to absolve him of any blame, he has to take his share, but who on this OL would be starting for any other team in the league?  IMO, they would all be lucky to be backups. Some would be lucky to make a roster at all. Nicks and Joseph will be a great help but this team could use an upgrade at both Ts, C, and at TE. I know we need CBs but the OL has to be addressed too if Freeman is ever going to get consistent.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : December 17, 2012, 04:15:19 PM

Ryan threw his picks against a top 10 NFL defense.   The Saints have the worst defense in the NFL.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 17, 2012, 04:28:22 PM

Ryan threw his picks against a top 10 NFL defense.   The Saints have the worst defense in the NFL.

Without even looking, I don't believe Arizona has a top 10 defense in any league. The Saints don't have the worst pass defense in the league. We do.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 17, 2012, 05:36:17 PM

which games this year would you say freeman played great?  played average?  and played poor?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 17, 2012, 05:37:35 PM

Yeah, even if the stats do say it, which i'm sure they don't, there's no way arizona has a top 10 defense. I had them on my fantasy team for a while and they were getting lit up every week. Last week the seahawks just put up 58 on them. they're far from good.

I'm starting to question free a little bit to, but not just because of this one game. Every qb has games like this

edit: I remember peyton throwing interceptions on 3 consecutive drives against atlanta early on

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 17, 2012, 05:48:29 PM

Last week the seahawks just put up 58 on them. they're far from good.

the cards D wasnt great, but you cant blame that on them.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 17, 2012, 06:38:05 PM

What bother's me most about Freeman is not the inconsistent accuracy , but the fact that I still have never once seen him look off a safety . A simple thing that all elite QB's do to help WR's get open , and Freeman can't grasp it.

He predetermines who is getting the ball before the ball is snapped , if that player is covered on a regular basis , that is when our offense stalls , because he panics at that point and becomes lost.

^^ that ^^

There were times last night where they showed Kap go thru his progressions before hitting the open man, in stride no less. It was a thing of beauty!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 17, 2012, 06:40:06 PM

Col Kap was a QB that has shown more ability to scan a field than Free has in four flippin years!  And supposedly he (5) is an avid student of the game?  He is not a good QB.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 17, 2012, 07:05:38 PM

From our perch in the end zone, you get a great view of the plays unfolding.  And what I have seen is not only a lot of inaccurate  throws, but a lot of really disturbing decisions.  It is those inexplicable decisions that concern me the most because those are a reflection of his instincts which are much harder to correct than his mechanics.
   Exactly my concern. And from interviews, Josh seems to be only talking about his MECHANICS when he says he's throwing as well as he ever has. When there's a "communication" issue with Dallas Clark or Vincent Jackson, I tend to think they probably got it right rather than Josh, just because of their NFL experience... His checkdown passes to guys who are doube-triple covered way short of the 1st down marker are bad; he'd be better off running for it...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 17, 2012, 07:41:38 PM

Without even looking, I don't believe Arizona has a top 10 defense in any league. The Saints don't have the worst pass defense in the league. We do.

Arizona is currently ranked #11 in the NFL.   

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2012&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

And that is after the huge 58-0 butt whipping they took to the Seahawks dropped them drastically.   (the Seahawks racked up 50 again this week against the Bills - they are hot!)   The Cards were top 10 in D when they played the Falcons.   
: December 18, 2012, 02:25:44 AM JavaRay

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 17, 2012, 11:51:04 PM

I say trade for Rivers. He has not had a good two years but I think I have seen enough from him to think he would be good again.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 18, 2012, 12:02:18 AM

I say trade for Rivers. He has not had a good two years but I think I have seen enough from him to think he would be good again.
If I had to go with a recycled QB, I'd take Micheal Vick over Rivers. Pains me to even say that.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#27 : December 18, 2012, 12:07:15 AM

I wouldn't want Rivers because he's on the decline and arm is getting weaker that wasn't great to begin with. He's actually a good fit with Jackson and Williams but that isn't any different from Freeman.

For me it's keep Freeman or start completely new at QB.
: December 18, 2012, 12:09:06 AM bucsquad

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 18, 2012, 12:19:38 AM

Before the Jets' last drive of the game tonight Mark Sanchez was 10 of 23 for 103 yards. On the night he had 4 interceptions and a lost fumble (on the Titans' 25 yard line with about 30 seconds left in the game). The Jets are eliminated from the playoffs. Tebow stunk it up as well. I'm thinking Rex Ryan would trade both of them for Freeman in a heartbeat, and throw in some high draft picks for good measure.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 18, 2012, 02:37:06 AM

I'd love to see the Bucs trade Freeman for Tebow.    I saw the one series Tebow was in tonight.    He still has the skills, the Jets just don't know how to use him.   He's going to be the savior for the Bucs we all had hoped for...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fennelly: Bucs' unease rises as Freeman take steps back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools