Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT: Bucs players grumbling about “college” coaches « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« : December 17, 2012, 08:46:57 AM »

Quote from: Mike Florio
Bucs players grumbling about “college” coaches

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

With a style that made him a successful as a college head coach and no reluctance to send packing any veterans who were deemed to be unable or unwilling to accept his “toes on the line!” tendencies, coach Greg Schiano lifted the Bucs into contention via four straight wins.

But 6-4 has since yielded to four straight losses, culminating in a 41-0 blowout loss in the Bayou, to the Bucs’ NFC South rivals.

And the frustration is showing.  The incident between assistant coach Bryan Cox and linebacker Adam Hayward was public; privately, the grumbling has begun.

“Can we send these coaches back to college?” one player said after the game.

Schiano won’t be going back to college any time soon, and the fact that several of the assistants have NFL experience make them other than college coaches.  But the reality is that Schiano’s college-style approach to grown men will work only if the team wins.  When losing takes hold, NFL players will complain about college tactics.The question moving forward is whether Schiano will adjust his style, or whether he will continue to do things the way he sees fit, continuing to identify those who don’t like doing it his way — and sending them down the highway.Based on the way Schiano has handled the victory formation issue, we’re guessing it’s the latter.  And it may work.  But if the Bucs don’t win, eventually there may not be enough players left to field a team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/17/bucs-players-grumbling-about-college-coaches/

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 17, 2012, 08:50:09 AM »

How is this any different than any other coach or any other style? Everyone needs to win or it goes South.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 17, 2012, 08:55:32 AM »

How is this any different than any other coach or any other style? Everyone needs to win or it goes South.
I think the insinuation is players feel the coaches are not sophisticated enough to match up against experienced NFL coaches and thus the players begin to believe they are doomed to lose before the game is even played.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #3 : December 17, 2012, 08:58:38 AM »

Anonymous quotes are for pussies

If you're going to say something, put your name on it.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
« #4 : December 17, 2012, 09:00:14 AM »

which veterans do these young bucs refer to keeping?  Winslow? Tenard?

As for the college approach; the college approach would have been to bring in competition and bench whoever isn't performing; Coach Schiano(and Gm . . . i forget his name) didn't resign Josh Johnson; i'd hate to play armchair qb/gm, but well the topic came up!  It's not the first time I've given my own idea of who should be the Qb.

Assuming I'm right about the Qb situation; it's one mistake; Schiano has done tons of good things; players trying to get coaches fired this early are out of line imo; calm down, have perspective and patience.
« : December 17, 2012, 09:04:09 AM flashgordon »

Texas Alexander(probably with Lonnie Johnson) - Bellcow blues,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCXTSKOkhM

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #5 : December 17, 2012, 09:07:28 AM »

Only player that can come out with that garbage is someone who scored yesterday.

Ohh wait...

It's wasnt a college coach that threw 4 ints and it wasn't a college coach that got kicked to sleep by every wide out New Orleans had.

Coburn1

Starter

« #6 : December 17, 2012, 09:21:24 AM »

Sounds like another loser needs to be weeded out. Seriously you get blown out 41-0 and you blame it all on your coaches? Only a loser wouldn't be able to look inward and see that there is a problem with their own individual play in such a case. The excuses have begun with throwing the coaches under the bus.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 17, 2012, 09:22:49 AM »

Only player that can come out with that garbage is someone who scored yesterday.

Ohh wait...

It's wasnt a college coach that threw 4 ints and it wasn't a college coach that got kicked to sleep by every wide out New Orleans had.
Raheem Morris didn't personally throw 22 INT's or have the #32 run defense last season, either. It's the job of a coach to get players to make plays.
« : December 17, 2012, 09:27:39 AM Feel Real Good »

Ms Elam

Starter

« #8 : December 17, 2012, 09:26:59 AM »

I don't think this is  an anonymous quote. Sounds like the reporter is saying he just over heard players openly venting there frustrations. When someone gives you an anonymous quote its more of a formal interview in which the player being interviewed asks to have his name with held. So it makes no sense to give"anonymous quotes" to a reporter in the middle of a locker room after a lousy when players are sitting around sulking. Specially a quote like this. Everyone would see you ripping your head coach.
So i'm calling B.S on florio's part. If you hear a player mumble something so derogatory why would a journalist not name that player?  This wasnt an interview, where a player asked to remain anonymous. He said a player said it after the game. I think he thinks this is how buc players feel and he just wanted to **CENSORED**e up his story.

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 17, 2012, 09:27:37 AM »

Agreed.

I hope Schiano is asked about this in his PC today.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 17, 2012, 09:29:35 AM »

Attach your name to it.

Soul Bro

Pro Bowler
« #11 : December 17, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »

Hayward literally almost got into a fight with a coach yesterday.  That can't happen.  Obviously, at least yesterday, things derailed.  It'll be interesting to see who is suspended, dropped or outed this week, given Schiano's style. 

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #12 : December 17, 2012, 09:45:27 AM »

Hayward literally almost got into a fight with a coach yesterday.  That can't happen.  Obviously, at least yesterday, things derailed.  It'll be interesting to see who is suspended, dropped or outed this week, given Schiano's style.

I missed the altercation between Cox and Hayward.  When I had seen it on Twitter, it kind of sounded like Cox was going after Hayward, but seeing later reports and stuff this morning, Hayward is the one that went after Cox.

Will definitely be interesting to see how things get handled.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #13 : December 17, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »

But the pasta was at exactly 93 degrees! We can't lose!

Signed

Starter

« #14 : December 17, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »

I missed the altercation between Cox and Hayward.  When I had seen it on Twitter, it kind of sounded like Cox was going after Hayward, but seeing later reports and stuff this morning, Hayward is the one that went after Cox.

Will definitely be interesting to see how things get handled.

From the video, it looked like Cox was made at something on the field and shoved Hayward to the side because he was in his way, then Hayward took it personal or something and pushed Cox like he wanted to fight him.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT: Bucs players grumbling about “college” coaches « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools