Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT: Bucs players grumbling about “college” coaches « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #15 : December 17, 2012, 11:17:06 AM »

“Can we send these coaches back to college?” one player said after the game.

Whoa. I wanna know what player said that cause that dude is a problem.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
« #16 : December 17, 2012, 11:27:38 AM »

Anyone who didn't see this happening as soon as the team started losing is crazy.  The fact is, the composition of the staff is incredibly unorthodox for the NFL, and if things started going poorly it was certainly going to be questioned by players, right or wrong.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
« #17 : December 17, 2012, 11:28:16 AM »

Anonymous quotes are for pussies

If you're going to say something, put your name on it.

You are an NFL player, show some guts

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #18 : December 17, 2012, 11:28:24 AM »

i think this is something to note, but not a big deal right now.  no one knows what coach, what player, and what context.  the article then mentions a blowup concerning a NFL coach.  lets just pay attention and see what comes of it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #19 : December 17, 2012, 11:32:35 AM »

Obviously no one is going to make a comment like that on the record. I'm sure there's a high level of frustration after a loss like that, but it reminds me that there are still many players left over from a team that quit last year. Schiano isn't going anywhere. Players will buy in or they'll be gone.

As far as the incident with Hayward is concerned, it looked like Hayward was trying to calm Cox down, Cox was caught up in the heat of the moment and pushed Hayward out of the way. It's unfortunate, but Hayward has never been considered a bad character guy. I'd be surprised if anything comes from it other than just the frustration of a bad loss.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #20 : December 17, 2012, 11:36:14 AM »

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

howler09

Second String

« #21 : December 17, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »

a couple of things...first of all it's florio..he's good for substatiating and validating his opinion ( and he has had one for schiano), secondly, just what experienced "vet" on this team ( of rookies, undrafted free agents and ,whole nfl experience is here in tampa, and other team castoffs that haven't put any substantial time on any roster) can really point a finger at calling out the "college" coaches....and lastly. most asst. coaching staffs do have a % college expereinces..it's called evolution of the game and size of the staffs ( down ranks don't get media exposure compared to co-ordinators and head coaches obviously) in the nfl now ....

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #22 : December 17, 2012, 11:52:45 AM »

I'm sure there's a high level of frustration after a loss like that, but it reminds me that there are still many players left over from a team that quit last year.

This is true.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
« #23 : December 17, 2012, 12:05:02 PM »

In a sense this player is right, although its not entirely Schianos fault and the player is a coward for saying it. The fact is that most NFL caliber position coaches were already scooped up by the time our coach was hired, so he had o hire from who was available. He chose above average college coaches he knew rather than the below average NFL scrap heap guys. I expect a lot of turnover on this staff in the offseason.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #24 : December 17, 2012, 12:08:23 PM »

Something tells me there will be another number of players shipped out this season.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 17, 2012, 12:11:34 PM »

Something tells me there will be another number of players shipped out this season.
The GM said he's tired of rebuilding.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #26 : December 17, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »

Theres always rebuilding. You do it until you get it right.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #27 : December 17, 2012, 12:21:23 PM »

There will always be tweaking of rosters, for every team. Schiano is a Belichick type of coach. Belichick had to bring in his type of players, just like Schiano will have to. Guys that don't want to be here won't be here.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #28 : December 17, 2012, 12:23:24 PM »

There will always be tweaking of rosters, for every team. Schiano is a Belichick type of coach. Belichick had to bring in his type of players, just like Schiano will have to. Guys that don't want to be here won't be here.

Thats what it is too. Most likely the guys complaining, know they are as good as gone and will likely have a tough time making it anywhere else.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #29 : December 17, 2012, 12:23:39 PM »

The coaching of this team on the defensive side of the ball has been very suspect.   There needs to be some adjustment to the staff on that side of the ball.  Start with the DC and move down from there.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT: Bucs players grumbling about “college” coaches « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools