Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT: Bucs players grumbling about “college” coaches « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

El Diablo

Starter

« #30 : December 17, 2012, 12:23:51 PM »

Hayward literally almost got into a fight with a coach yesterday.  That can't happen.  Obviously, at least yesterday, things derailed.  It'll be interesting to see who is suspended, dropped or outed this week, given Schiano's style.

I missed the altercation between Cox and Hayward.  When I had seen it on Twitter, it kind of sounded like Cox was going after Hayward, but seeing later reports and stuff this morning, Hayward is the one that went after Cox.

Will definitely be interesting to see how things get handled.

From the video, it looked like Cox was made at something on the field and shoved Hayward to the side because he was in his way, then Hayward took it personal or something and pushed Cox like he wanted to fight him.

Hayward might want to pick a different coach. He better pack a lunch, Cox is a mean mean dude!

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

« #31 : December 17, 2012, 12:45:02 PM »

Could it be an accurate assessment for the secondary coaches?

They say some of the things Barron sees in the NFL are different than college.  Is it not the same for the coaches?

I'd also say that based on the roster youth, there are only a handful of players that could say a comment like that.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #32 : December 17, 2012, 12:55:10 PM »

Start with the DC and move down from there.

I don't think that's where the problem starts

Ms Elam

Starter

« #33 : December 17, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »

a couple of things...first of all it's florio..he's good for substatiating and validating his opinion ( and he has had one for schiano), secondly, just what experienced "vet" on this team ( of rookies, undrafted free agents and ,whole nfl experience is here in tampa, and other team castoffs that haven't put any substantial time on any roster) can really point a finger at calling out the "college" coaches....and lastly. most asst. coaching staffs do have a % college expereinces..it's called evolution of the game and size of the staffs ( down ranks don't get media exposure compared to co-ordinators and head coaches obviously) in the nfl now ....
We are seeing it the same way. I think this is florios way of validating his opinion. How in the world could you get an anonymous quote after a game when coaches, players and reporters are all around. And even if you could get one, who in there right mind would give you one seeing as how they want to remain anonymous?

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #34 : December 17, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »

I think Sheridan is in trouble because he clearly wasn't the first choice to be coordinator. Well, first and foremost, because the defense is a disaster. Secondarily because he wasn't the first choice.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

« #35 : December 17, 2012, 01:00:43 PM »

Anonymous quotes are for pussies

If you're going to say something, put your name on it.

Yep, wish we knew who it was so we could get him the hell off this team...

That is, if anyone even said this. Wouldn't surprise me if Florio just made this whole thing up.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #36 : December 17, 2012, 01:04:31 PM »

There will always be tweaking of rosters, for every team. Schiano is a Belichick type of coach. Belichick had to bring in his type of players, just like Schiano will have to. Guys that don't want to be here won't be here.

Thats what it is too. Most likely the guys complaining, know they are as good as gone and will likely have a tough time making it anywhere else.
Neesless to say you're only allowed to lose so many games while you keep searching for the players who fit your system. You don't get forever or else Ray Perkins, Richard Williamson, and Raheem Morris would still be here.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #37 : December 17, 2012, 01:08:11 PM »

There will always be tweaking of rosters, for every team. Schiano is a Belichick type of coach. Belichick had to bring in his type of players, just like Schiano will have to. Guys that don't want to be here won't be here.

Thats what it is too. Most likely the guys complaining, know they are as good as gone and will likely have a tough time making it anywhere else.
Neesless to say you're only allowed to lose so many games while you keep searching for the players who fit your system. You don't get forever or else Ray Perkins, Richard Williamson, and Raheem Morris would still be here.

Thats the nature of the business. A tough one indeed. Schianos time is ticking. I think he could possibly lose his job if they have repeat performances the last two games.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #38 : December 17, 2012, 01:18:16 PM »

Thats the nature of the business. A tough one indeed. Schianos time is ticking. I think he could possibly lose his job if they have repeat performances the last two games.
definitely not

ufcguy32

Starter

« #39 : December 17, 2012, 05:26:57 PM »

he isnt losing his job in one season. especially with all the improvements. your gonna set us back again another yr. we need consistency here. not changing all the time....we need sullivan to be here for a few years so he gets better and josh grows in his offense. at least we know we can score points when playing well. under the other system we didnt do sht.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
« #40 : December 17, 2012, 05:40:08 PM »

Impossible. The Glazers are too cheap to hire 3 head coaches at the same time.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #41 : December 17, 2012, 05:48:02 PM »

That is, if anyone even said this. Wouldn't surprise me if Florio just made this whole thing up.

What if it was V-Jax? It very could have.  Florio probably wouldn't have anything to do with anyone other than a couple of our bigger names (Josh, McCoy,  V-Jax, maybe Mike Williams, Clark)......the only possible disgruntled traitor could be LGB.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #42 : December 17, 2012, 05:53:55 PM »

Looks like fleck got the memo

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #43 : December 17, 2012, 05:54:37 PM »

And if it was  Ronde?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #44 : December 17, 2012, 06:02:30 PM »

somebody call Mike Williams' radio show and ask if it was him, and if it wasn't, what is he and the other team leaders going to do about the **CENSORED**ing traitor

gentlemen....we need to order a Code Red.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT: Bucs players grumbling about “college” coaches « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools