Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: tyler wilson? « previous next »
Page: 1

moose40

Hall of Famer
: December 17, 2012, 09:16:51 AM

I honestly don't watch a ton of college football, but I see kinks in the shine of Barkley,  I've read a few things about Geno Smith, but one guy that I know nothing about other then he plays for Arkansas is Tyler Wilson. with a 45-19 td to int ratio, and a 62-63 completion percentage the last two years, is he a viable option, and is he someone that might slip to the 2nd round?

Sorry if this is a waste of a question, I really don't know anything about this guy, but I'm sure there are enough people on this board that would be able to teach me about him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 17, 2012, 09:23:55 AM

Looked good when he played for the coach who also made Brian Brohm and Stefan Lefours look good; didn't look good when he didn't.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 17, 2012, 09:46:51 AM

Looked good when he played for the coach who also made Brian Brohm and Stefan Lefours look good; didn't look good when he didn't.
So Petrino made him look good in 2011 did  he really play poorly this year? Just asking because I think he still had a 21-9 td to int ratio and 62% completion.  But I guess a 4-8 record may say all I need to know about him....

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 17, 2012, 09:52:20 AM

So Petrino made him look good in 2011 did  he really play poorly this year? Just asking because I think he still had a 21-9 td to int ratio and 62% completion.  But I guess a 4-8 record may say all I need to know about him....
21/9 for the season, but if you dig into the numbers he went 5/0 against Kentucky, 3/0 against Jacksonville State, and 2/1 against Louisiana-Monroe. So in 7 games against teams with a pulse (and I'm being generous saying Tulsa and Auburn have a pulse), he went 11/8.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 17, 2012, 09:55:00 AM

Well you have the whole coach controversy to begin with. Not alot of talent outside of talent outside of Cobi  Hamilton, he lost his top 2 receivers last year. I think.he may have had an injury not sure though. With that said I like him and don't think he'll fall to the 2nd

bucsfan183

Rookie
#5 : December 17, 2012, 10:00:18 AM

As an Arkansas season ticket holder, I can tell you Tyler Wilson is a guy with a lot of positives. He throws a beautiful deep ball, has good mobility, and he has no fear in face of pressure, keeping his eyes downfield even if a big shot is coming. That being said, he gets lazy on his short to intermediate routes, typically throwing behind guys on crossing routes. A good prospect for sure, but one who has some similar shortcomings to Freeman

moose40

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 17, 2012, 10:57:44 AM

21/9 for the season, but if you dig into the numbers he went 5/0 against Kentucky, 3/0 against Jacksonville State, and 2/1 against Louisiana-Monroe. So in 7 games against teams with a pulse (and I'm being generous saying Tulsa and Auburn have a pulse), he went 11/8.

Thanks FTG, I just saw the overall stats, and thought, hmmmmm

moose40

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 17, 2012, 10:59:25 AM

As an Arkansas season ticket holder, I can tell you Tyler Wilson is a guy with a lot of positives. He throws a beautiful deep ball, has good mobility, and he has no fear in face of pressure, keeping his eyes downfield even if a big shot is coming. That being said, he gets lazy on his short to intermediate routes, typically throwing behind guys on crossing routes. A good prospect for sure, but one who has some similar shortcomings to Freeman

Thanks for the input bucsfan183. sounds like he isn't a huge improvement over what we have.. He would be better then Freeman in some aspects, but not an improvement in others.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 17, 2012, 11:15:18 AM

Thanks FTG, I just saw the overall stats, and thought, hmmmmm
You never know maybe he has some hidden talent and will become a great NFL QB. But there's nothing you can look at on paper and say he "has it".

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 17, 2012, 11:35:30 AM

He was a guy who was considered to be a first round pick if he had a strong season.  Don't forget, Petrino ran the offense, and losing him really screwed the team up.  I think Wilson is at least a little better than what he showed this year, because in addition to the turmoil, he also battled through some injuries.  I know this doesn't necessarily mean much, but just watching him, mechanically, he looks the part.  I wouldn't use a first round pick on him, but if he's around in the 2nd, I would at least be intrigued with the possibility.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 17, 2012, 11:42:21 AM

He was a guy who was considered to be a first round pick if he had a strong season.  Don't forget, Petrino ran the offense, and losing him really screwed the team up.  I think Wilson is at least a little better than what he showed this year, because in addition to the turmoil, he also battled through some injuries.  I know this doesn't necessarily mean much, but just watching him, mechanically, he looks the part.  I wouldn't use a first round pick on him, but if he's around in the 2nd, I would at least be intrigued with the possibility.
kind of like Kiffen pulling the rug out with 4 games to go.... so I could see how a few good cogs could go wrong with a leadership shock/split.

I think I'm going to have to do a bit more reading on him, because I'm not enamored with Alex Smith or Matt Flynn (or any jettisoned Cardinal qbs), but imo, there needs to be a new option at the starting qb position, even if Freeman stays, there needs to be a hopeful option. ..... If Freeman stays next year, maybe Johnny Football will be available to us.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: tyler wilson? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools