Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Necessary Offseason Upgrades « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 17, 2012, 05:27:39 PM

What I was referring to was the team's W/L record. My contention is generating a reasonably consistant PR is more important to an overall defense's effectiveness than stellar CB coverage. Without it, 8 Pro-Bowl CB's couldn't cover today's array of talented QB's, receivers, and clever OC's schemes to get them open.

This is how I feel as well. I think bringing in high caliber CBs will just prove this point as they constantly get beat by QBs getting lots of time to throw. Further, I think it's extremely hard to judge the current CBs because they've been put in an impossible position.

on the other side of the coin, at about 2 seconds after the snap most WR's are wide open against us.  cant expect the DL to get there that quickly.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 17, 2012, 08:30:22 PM

2nd part of my response was " I really think part of our scheme of not covering closely at the snap is because our DC knows our PR is so inconsistant, so our DB's are constantly retreating from the LOS, making it easier to keep receivers in front of them. If we had a better PR, our CB's would, and I think they could, crowd opposing WR's much more. LJ especially is very quick and strong in short range, as is Gaitor. No question being young they need coaching up on their technique, but I think the raw physical skills are there... ".

fubar004

Practice Squad

#32 : December 19, 2012, 01:41:11 PM

Corner is easily Tampa's #1 priority but there just isn't anyone worthy of a 1st round grade other than maybe Milliner but even he is starting to look like a stretch. FA isn't providing much either. Maybe DRC or Asomugha under the right terms but any way you look at it, we are taking a risk getting a CB next year in FA or draft. I say we take the best player available in the 1st or trade down (if possible) and hit up corner in the 2nd. Xavier Rhodes could fall. David Amerson is easily a 2nd rounder at best.

RT needs to be addressed. and replacing Quincy black is also something this defense needs to look into.

Here is my wish list:

FA
DRC
Cliff Avril

Draft scenario 1
1st - CB Alabama: Dee Milliner
2nd - LB Rutgers: Kaseem Green
3rd - FS Georgia: Baccari Rambo
4th - CB Washington: Desmond Trufant

Draft Scenario 2
1st - Trade down to 25-30 for an extra 3rd round pick (assuming we pick in the mid teens) CB Miss st: Johnthan banks
2nd - LSU FS: Eric Reid
3rd - Trade back in to 2nd for Xavier Rhodes (give up extra 3rd pick and a 5th)
4th - DE Florida St.: Tank Carradine

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 19, 2012, 02:12:10 PM

Don't we have 2 fourth round picks (Talib trade)?

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

fubar004

Practice Squad

#34 : December 19, 2012, 03:40:00 PM

Yeah but I have trouble finding value picks in the latter rounds. Thinking that Dominik will use that pick for trades anyways.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 19, 2012, 03:56:28 PM

QB must be upgraded.

MUST!

Going into next season with a dud QB does nobody any good.  Except the other teams, who have no fear of Freeman at all.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 19, 2012, 04:30:34 PM

Yeah but I have trouble finding value picks in the latter rounds. Thinking that Dominik will use that pick for trades anyways.

Yeah, you're right. he does it every year to move around the first three rounds.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 19, 2012, 04:36:02 PM

Trade idea / option... Trade Freeman for Rivers and a 2nd round pick.  I don't necessarily think Freeman is worth that, but maybe the Chargers want to move Rivers and his contract and see Freeman as a way to get instant / cheap production, instead on draft a rookie in the teens or the 2nd round.  To them it might be worth it to part with a pick as well.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 19, 2012, 04:36:20 PM

QB must be upgraded.

MUST!

Going into next season with a dud QB does nobody any good.  Except the other teams, who have no fear of Freeman at all.

quit wasting your breath. it isnt going to happen and would only set this team back even more to start over

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 19, 2012, 04:38:04 PM

Trade idea / option... Trade Freeman for Rivers and a 2nd round pick.  I don't necessarily think Freeman is worth that, but maybe the Chargers want to move Rivers and his contract and see Freeman as a way to get instant / cheap production, instead on draft a rookie in the teens or the 2nd round.  To them it might be worth it to part with a pick as well.

dear god no. Rivers has been a train wreck the last couple years. he is up there with Sanchez in number of turnovers. do you remember the idiotic pick 6 he threw to leanard johnson? do you want to see more of that on this team?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 19, 2012, 04:39:42 PM

QB must be upgraded.

MUST!

quit wasting your breath. it isnt going to happen and would only set this team back even more to start over
start over?  You mean finally start!

fubar004

Practice Squad

#41 : December 19, 2012, 04:42:58 PM

QB must be upgraded.

MUST!

Perhaps but let's be a little realistic here. There is no way that Tampa is going to trade or release him this or next season and if they were to acquire a QB during the offseason, he wouldn't be with a high draft pick or a big name FA. Like him or not, Freeman is the starting QB for Tampa Bay through 2013.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 19, 2012, 04:43:45 PM

I would LOVE IT if the Bucs traded Josh Freeman. 

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 19, 2012, 04:46:43 PM

theres nobody to trade him to. the only teams that would trade have crap like mark sanchez and matt cassel at qb. just stop whining and come up with an ACTUAL way to upgrade the team. not some deluded idiotic fantasy based on irrational hatred. your plans make this team worse and dont strengthen the team Boid

youngone

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 19, 2012, 04:51:40 PM

No thank you. Rivers is hot garbage. Free is not lighting by the league by any stretch but I'd take him over Rivers every day of the week.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Necessary Offseason Upgrades « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools