Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers learning three new Rs the hard way « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 18, 2012, 08:14:29 PM

Throw all the stats you want....he is failing the eyeball test.   Dude looks lost.
: December 18, 2012, 08:49:56 PM The Anti-Java

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 18, 2012, 08:14:31 PM

Anybody know Free's record vs team's with a winning record?  Yes, I understand it isn't all on him but I am curious.

NovaBuc

Starter

#17 : December 18, 2012, 08:44:13 PM

5-17 vs teams with a winning record over his career. And AJ, it's hard to find a QB who hasn't 'failed the eyeball test' at times. There were questions about Peyton at the beginning of the year when he wasn't looking sharp, about Eli and his 'tired' arm - and there are QBs that have questions every year about them. Romo, Vick, Rivers, Sanchez, Cutler, etc.. I'm as frustrated about Freeman's performance, his inexplicable decisions on where to throw the ball at times and the way he looks timid back there at times.. however, I just don't see anyone who might be available that I'd say, "yeah that guy right there is who I want to be the QB of the Bucs." that we wouldn't have to sell the farm for even if they would be available. Since we drafted Freeman in 2009, the only QBs that were on the board when we had a chance to draft them I'd think about having instead of him are maybe Dalton and Wilson. Cousins and Kaepernick may work there way into that range, possibly McElroy as well. Peyton's the only above average free agent to be available since then and there was no way in hell he was coming to TB. Unfortunately, the upcoming draft class doesn't seem promising either. Sure makes Gruden's decision to take Caddy over Rodgers look even worse looking back at it. Without Caddy, we likely take Peterson in 2007. Rather nice consolation prize to missing out on Megatron. Imagine where we might be then.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 18, 2012, 08:52:23 PM

Through all the stats you want....he is failing the eyeball test.   Dude looks lost.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this RGS dude didn't even watch the games and just looked at the box score.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 18, 2012, 09:09:12 PM

Winning the last two is a good start. They need another strong offseason and learn from their mistakes this year. Come back strong in 13!

youngone

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 18, 2012, 09:16:44 PM

5-17 vs teams with a winning record over his career. And AJ, it's hard to find a QB who hasn't 'failed the eyeball test' at times. There were questions about Peyton at the beginning of the year when he wasn't looking sharp, about Eli and his 'tired' arm - and there are QBs that have questions every year about them. Romo, Vick, Rivers, Sanchez, Cutler, etc.. I'm as frustrated about Freeman's performance, his inexplicable decisions on where to throw the ball at times and the way he looks timid back there at times.. however, I just don't see anyone who might be available that I'd say, "yeah that guy right there is who I want to be the QB of the Bucs." that we wouldn't have to sell the farm for even if they would be available. Since we drafted Freeman in 2009, the only QBs that were on the board when we had a chance to draft them I'd think about having instead of him are maybe Dalton and Wilson. Cousins and Kaepernick may work there way into that range, possibly McElroy as well. Peyton's the only above average free agent to be available since then and there was no way in hell he was coming to TB. Unfortunately, the upcoming draft class doesn't seem promising either. Sure makes Gruden's decision to take Caddy over Rodgers look even worse looking back at it. Without Caddy, we likely take Peterson in 2007. Rather nice consolation prize to missing out on Megatron. Imagine where we might be then.

Ugh.. Just thinking about that makes me sick.

Jutt

Starter
#21 : December 18, 2012, 09:25:02 PM

Throw all the stats you want....he is failing the eyeball test.   Dude looks lost.

Youre right. Lets cut him and sign Ryan Mallet and give him the reigns.........

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 18, 2012, 09:28:00 PM

Youre right. Lets cut him and sign Ryan Mallet and give him the reigns.........

If that is your solution, I would have to disagree.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 19, 2012, 01:56:55 AM

So if they win the last 2, everything is A-OK?    Not hardly.
Why wouldn't everything be ok?

Meant as in Freeman.  Say he looks good the last 2.  Then all is good?   Too much up and down with the guy for being a 4th year guy. When he was playing well there for a stretch, I was hoping that would continue right through the end of the season.  No such luck.
What you thought he was going to throw 4 TD's every game? Did you think Gerald McCoy was going to get 2 sacks every game after playing the Cowboys? Every QB other than P Manning, Brady, and Rodgers is up and down over the course of a season. If Freeman is able to rebound and throw at least 3 TD's over the last two games, throw 2 or fewer INT's, and average around 225 yards in each game, he'll have shown he can correct his mistakes, overcome adversity, and have an overall very good season.

The only part I would disagree with, is Freeman's lows are Grand Canyon type lows.  Sure Brady and Peyton have off games.  But they are not Sanchez/Tebow type off games.  Freeman seems capable of the lowest of low "off" games.

Neither are Freeman's. The only game where he looked like Sanchez was this week against the Saints. The Cowboys game was really bad too. But, that's only 2 awful games.

I don't know why everyone claims that his bad games are so awful. They really aren't. An awful game for a QB is when you are turning the ball over a lot. Freeman has only turned the ball over more than once in a game 3 times this season.

Drew Brees and Eli Manning have done it 5 times. Tony Romo has 2 games where has thrown 4 or more INT's. Matt Ryan has 2 games where has thrown 3 or more INT's.

Oh ok...so essentially, a throw isn't a bad throw unless its intercepted.

Nevermind that Freeman threw 2-3 balls right into the hands of Eagles defenders and they dropped the would be ints.

QBs don't have awful games unless they are turning the ball over...what a load of crap.

Nope, never said that.

Dude, all QB's throw passes that should be picked, but don't. Are you being serious here? Come on.

And yes, if a QB doesn't turnover the ball, I usually don't consider it an awful game, unless he does absolutely nothing and can't move the offense.

And chace, I've watched every single snap this season. You seem to have an awfully hard time comprehending information. I've said multiple times that Freeman is inconsistent and doesn't look good at times, but you guys are overreacting to how bad his bad games are.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 19, 2012, 07:40:31 AM

Meant as in Freeman.  Say he looks good the last 2.  Then all is good?   Too much up and down with the guy for being a 4th year guy. When he was playing well there for a stretch, I was hoping that would continue right through the end of the season.  No such luck.
What you thought he was going to throw 4 TD's every game? Did you think Gerald McCoy was going to get 2 sacks every game after playing the Cowboys? Every QB other than P Manning, Brady, and Rodgers is up and down over the course of a season. If Freeman is able to rebound and throw at least 3 TD's over the last two games, throw 2 or fewer INT's, and average around 225 yards in each game, he'll have shown he can correct his mistakes, overcome adversity, and have an overall very good season.

The only part I would disagree with, is Freeman's lows are Grand Canyon type lows.  Sure Brady and Peyton have off games.  But they are not Sanchez/Tebow type off games.  Freeman seems capable of the lowest of low "off" games.

Neither are Freeman's. The only game where he looked like Sanchez was this week against the Saints. The Cowboys game was really bad too. But, that's only 2 awful games.

I don't know why everyone claims that his bad games are so awful. They really aren't. An awful game for a QB is when you are turning the ball over a lot. Freeman has only turned the ball over more than once in a game 3 times this season.

Drew Brees and Eli Manning have done it 5 times. Tony Romo has 2 games where has thrown 4 or more INT's. Matt Ryan has 2 games where has thrown 3 or more INT's.

Nevermind that Freeman threw 2-3 balls right into the hands of Eagles defenders and they dropped the would be ints.

QBs don't have awful games unless they are turning the ball over...what a load of crap.

Nope, never said that.

Dude, all QB's throw passes that should be picked, but don't. Are you being serious here? Come on.

And yes, if a QB doesn't turnover the ball, I usually don't consider it an awful game, unless he does absolutely nothing and can't move the offense.

And chace, I've watched every single snap this season. You seem to have an awfully hard time comprehending information. I've said multiple times that Freeman is inconsistent and doesn't look good at times, but you guys are overreacting to how bad his bad games are.

Ok well now you modified what you said. Which was that QBs only have awful games if they turn the ball over a lot. Now an awful game is a lot of turnovers or not being able to move the offense. The modification to your opinion was necessary because Freeman's one turnover vs. Dallas was off the hands of DJ ware, and that would mean that he really didn't have an awful game, if looking at it from that previous perspective.

Oh yea, I'm not denying that QBs are aided by DBs dropping picks, I was just saying that just because Freeman didn't have any picks in the Philly game, doesn't mean that he wasn't throwing awful passes for a large portion of that game.

An overreaction would be to say "let's that ship him out now!". I'm not doing that. I'm all for giving him next year....but I won't do what you are doing and skim over his inadequacies because his stat line happens to be favorable.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 19, 2012, 07:51:08 AM

Josh Freeman will soon own every record there is as a Buccaneer QB. He's done that despite changes in the coaching staff, changes in the scheme, pisspoor protection, and few experienced weapons. I'm willing to give him another year or two to see what he can do in a more stable environment. Too many are simply impatient.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 19, 2012, 08:24:34 AM

Who gives a **CENSORED** about TD/Int ratio? Some of you all need to get your head out your ass and watch a game instead of quoting stats. Freeman's horrible play has cost us several games. Just because he doesn't throw a pick, doesn't mean he played well. Dude can't even check out of a run play when there is 9 guys in the box. His inability to handle the mental aspect of being "the man" in charge is what is holding this team back. He's timid and afraid to lead and he can't process things fast enough to do his job at this level. When the **CENSORED** hits the fan he flakes out and gets the deer in the headlights look while his accuracy and decision making disappear entirely. It's not an occasional thing, it is a reoccurring issue that we've seen over and over and over for four years now....does his TD/Int ratio explain that?

Also, despite all the positive stats the the apologist throw up....tell me how many good teams with winning records have we beat with Freeman over the last four years? Seems to me we beat bad teams most of the time, go 50/50 verse average teams, and always get destroyed by great teams. You can say it's because of defense or some other excuse, but you all know as well as I do that when we play a team like the Patriots, or Steelers, or Ravens ect......9 times out of 10 Freeman turns into a turd and plays horrible. Is that the type of guy that will lead us to the Super Bowl?

Dude crumbles under adversity. The Super Bowl Anniversary game verse the Eagles was just another example of that. I'm tired of pinning my hopes to this guy. I'm done. He probably will get another year here, but I wish we'd trade him to the Chiefs and use the pick to get Kirk Cousins. Cousins might not be the answer, but at least then we'd have a young promising guy that I don't already know sucks.
: December 19, 2012, 08:35:45 AM JDouble

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 19, 2012, 08:39:28 AM

Josh Freeman will soon own every record there is as a Buccaneer QB. He's done that despite changes in the coaching staff, changes in the scheme, pisspoor protection, and few experienced weapons. I'm willing to give him another year or two to see what he can do in a more stable environment. Too many are simply impatient.

That doesn't mean sh*t considering the poor offensive history of this organization.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 19, 2012, 09:18:04 AM

Winning the last two is a good start. They need another strong offseason and learn from their mistakes this year. Come back strong in 13!

They would need to blow out both St. Louis and Atlanta for me even consider it as a good start.  St. Louis is a medicore team with a lot of glaring weaknesses and limited strengths.  Their WR's are very poor and there's no reason why even our secondary should struggle.  Their rush defense gives up over 115 yards per game.  There's no reason the Bucs should struggle to get to 120.  Comparing stregnths and weaknesses, plus the "supposed" desire and "want to", plus it being a home game, this team should win comfortably.  Somewhere like 34-10.

Against Atlanta's backups... the result shouldn't be much different.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 19, 2012, 12:39:03 PM

Nope, never said that.

Ok well now you modified what you said. Which was that QBs only have awful games if they turn the ball over a lot. Now an awful game is a lot of turnovers or not being able to move the offense. The modification to your opinion was necessary because Freeman's one turnover vs. Dallas was off the hands of DJ ware, and that would mean that he really didn't have an awful game, if looking at it from that previous perspective.

Oh yea, I'm not denying that QBs are aided by DBs dropping picks, I was just saying that just because Freeman didn't have any picks in the Philly game, doesn't mean that he wasn't throwing awful passes for a large portion of that game.

An overreaction would be to say "let's that ship him out now!". I'm not doing that. I'm all for giving him next year....but I won't do what you are doing and skim over his inadequacies because his stat line happens to be favorable.

Freeman was awful against Dallas. Our offense couldn't do jack**CENSORED** all day while the defense played a great game.

I don't think anyone is denying that Freeman hasn't looked too good the past few weeks. All I'm saying is if you look at his season overall, he's had a solid season and his bad games haven't been nearly as bad as most people claim them to be (other than Dallas and New Orleans the second time).

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers learning three new Rs the hard way « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools