Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free To Go:..... Quarterback Alternatives for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 18, 2012, 09:10:49 AM

They sign Flacco and I sign over for season tickets.

Make it happen Glazers, and you'll be selling out Ray Jay in no time.
Flacco's offense went three-and-out on its first five drives. It had 11 drives that went 11 yards or less. It looked like one of the worst offenses in the NFL for much of the game. The defense played well before giving way late.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000112475/article/joe-flacco-it-feels-like-baltimore-ravens-are-014

I would watch what you wish for. Lol!
Our offense got shut-out by the 31st worst passing defense in the NFL...when that happens, what does it say about your QB?

Is is the system? Lack of communication? Bad coaches? or is it just the fact that he...sucks? I'm tired of this organization making excuses for Freeman for the past 4 years, period.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 18, 2012, 09:13:05 AM

Flacco is the AFC version of Freeman except with a little playoff experience....thanks to Sugar Ray and the boys.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 18, 2012, 09:20:31 AM

Just shows how ignorant and front running the fan base is. Can't even support a 24 year old QB who had a 25/6 season and was having a 25/8 season before being eliminated from playoff contention.

It's been 4 years mate, the guy has show no signs of improvement.

He can have a 50/0 season, but if he can't win games, it doesn't matter. And Freeman has in fact, shown he can't win games no matter how many lobbed up passes his WRs catch in the endzone.

In the 9 games after the bye week and before we were eliminated he was averaging 267 yards a game with 20 TDs, 4 INTs. Your brainless argument is essentially lets sign Joe Flacco because our pass defense sucks and blows 4th qtr leads. 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 18, 2012, 09:41:26 AM

Just shows how ignorant and front running the fan base is. Can't even support a 24 year old QB who had a 25/6 season and was having a 25/8 season before being eliminated from playoff contention.

It's been 4 years mate, the guy has show no signs of improvement.

He can have a 50/0 season, but if he can't win games, it doesn't matter. And Freeman has in fact, shown he can't win games no matter how many lobbed up passes his WRs catch in the endzone.

lets sign Joe Flacco because our pass defense sucks and blows 4th qtr leads.

It's how most of them do math (jk guys).

Seriously though. You CAN blame Freeman for that last game. Horrible. However, to justify going after Flacco, you have to have a QB that ISN'T setting records, which Freeman still is. Something isn't right about Freeman as of late, but does grant going after a similar type of QB? I would like to think not.

To get rid of Freeman, it would have to be obviously worth it. If not, we run the HUGE risk of being back with someone the likes of Gradkowski for a season or two. I remember the Grad, Simms, McClown, Leftfish days, and believe me, we don't want to relive that again. The surrounding cast is better, but you still run that chance during a major change like QB.

Again, if Tampa gets rid of Free, it's not going to be instant gratification. More than likely, it would set the team back another season or three (which is a waste for guys like VJ).

BTW, ...What ever happened to the days Buc fans KNEW that tough defense wins games, not just a QB? Seriously....teams are dropping 400 yards no matter who they have @QB and all the hate is directed towards freeman? Ridiculous.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucnaz24

Rookie

#19 : December 18, 2012, 09:52:32 AM

Rivers is probably the best option if u don't have to sell the farm to get him Then draft a qb.  Rivers with these offensive weapons? Anyone?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 18, 2012, 09:55:48 AM

Rivers is probably the best option if u don't have to sell the farm to get him Then draft a qb.  Rivers with these offensive weapons? Anyone?

....Would not matter with a defense as bad as this.

Plus, Rivers is a DB (and that isn't football terminology).

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 18, 2012, 09:59:21 AM

Benchwarmer, isn't it a chicken and the egg argument though? If the offense doesn't go 3 and out so quickly, they control the ball, and essentially keep the opponents offense off the field, allowing fewer opportunities for the defense to blow it. On the other hand, a tougher d will get the ball back into your offenses hands, minimizing the opponents offense.

But right now, we watch a qb who can't lead his team, and a defense who can't get off the field. I don't think it matters either way we are screwed.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 18, 2012, 10:10:29 AM

Benchwarmer, isn't it a chicken and the egg argument though? If the offense doesn't go 3 and out so quickly, they control the ball, and essentially keep the opponents offense off the field, allowing fewer opportunities for the defense to blow it. On the other hand, a tougher d will get the ball back into your offenses hands, minimizing the opponents offense.

But right now, we watch a qb who can't lead his team, and a defense who can't get off the field. I don't think it matters either way we are screwed.

That's what I've been trying to say. They need to figure out this defense if they are gonna do anything. QB can only do so much for you if you don't have an elite guy and a real **CENSORED**ty defense like this team has. Doesn't matter who you got at QB when your pass defense and pass rush are last in league. They want to contend for Playoffs they better get that defense figured out first.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 18, 2012, 10:19:51 AM

That's what I've been trying to say. They need to figure out this defense if they are gonna do anything. QB can only do so much for you if you don't have an elite guy and a real **CENSORED**ty defense like this team has. Doesn't matter who you got at QB when your pass defense and pass rush are last in league. They want to contend for Playoffs they better get that defense figured out first.

I agree BucBalla, but the d doesn't typically score. I'm not arguing your point, but if the offense scored any points in the first half of the philly game, we probably win that game.  Drew Brees is going to terrorize most defenses 80% of the time, but our qb couldn't score against the worst defense in the league (or at least one of them), getting shut out isn't on the d....  getting blown out means both the d and the o sucked that day.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 18, 2012, 10:20:53 AM

You're complicating it. If the pass defense was just average we would be 10-4 right now. Below average-bad we would be 8-6. But because they're the worst in the league and maybe of all-time we're 6-8 and somehow in "fans" heads that translates into getting rid of your 24 year old QB who had 25/6 2 years ago and 25/8 before we were eliminated.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#25 : December 18, 2012, 10:25:37 AM

" You're complicating it. If the pass defense was just average we would be 10-4 right now."

Must be make crap up and present it as evidence day.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 18, 2012, 10:28:02 AM

This is stupidity. I don't understand the rollercoaster ride that is the Buccaneers fan base. He has had a couple of bad games. I saw that Eli Manning really dominated that game against Atlanta. Get a grip. The guy deserves at least next year.

#prisonersofthemoment

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#27 : December 18, 2012, 10:40:58 AM

" #prisonersofthemoment "

I have held steadfastly for the last three years that Freeman is a wildly inconsistent QB that is just average overall. That conclusion is based on the body of his work and always has been, so let's not pretend differently.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 18, 2012, 10:45:28 AM

Tito's back.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Theoldbuc

Starter

#29 : December 18, 2012, 10:46:54 AM

" #prisonersofthemoment "

I have held steadfastly for the last three years that Freeman is a wildly inconsistent QB that is just average overall. That conclusion is based on the body of his work and always has been, so let's not pretend differently.

You might be the only person on the planet who saw in 2010 how inconsistent he was. 10-6 - Multiple comebacks- 7th rated passer in the league and you KNEW? Amazing!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free To Go:..... Quarterback Alternatives for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools