Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why change winning Bucs' game plans? « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: December 18, 2012, 12:36:56 AM

Bucs Q&A: Why change winning Bucs' game plans?

By TBO.com
 Published: December 17, 2012

Q: We beat the Chiefs, the Vikings, the Raiders and the Panthers, so where are the game plans and plays we used to do that? Yes, our defense stinks but we won games before because we could move the ball and score points. Why don't we stop just flinging it long on a wish, and use the kind of game planning and play calling to move the chains, and use all our skill players to score, instead of the mess I see for the last two weeks?

Brian Everhart, Winter Haven

A: I believe you may be on to something here. In two of the last three losses the Bucs have been more or less forced out of their game plan by a lopsided score. However, I believe they need to be a little more patient and stick with the run a little more. It's the foundation of everything they do offensively and they've proved that when they run the ball they create the opportunity for successful big plays downfield.

Roy Cummings

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 18, 2012, 12:44:30 AM

Yeah, Roy.  No one saw that coming.  Especially when Schiano said the KC game was what he wanted the offense to look like.  We forget so soon. 

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 18, 2012, 01:10:01 AM

You can't have a contender if you're not willing to put the ball in your QB's hand.  Unless you have an elite defense, game managers are completely useless.  Schiano and Sullivan are basically showing people why Freeman is NOT the answer.

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 18, 2012, 01:23:40 AM

Why don't we stop just flinging it long on a wish,

Because that's all Josh does well.  Not sure when the person writing the question saw something different.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 18, 2012, 02:29:22 AM

I think what has changed is....teams shut down Dougie, and say ok Freeman, beat us.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 18, 2012, 03:06:57 AM

Opposing coaches are watching our film and adjusting to our offense.  Unfortunately our coaches are not doing a good enough job at keeping up with them.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why change winning Bucs' game plans? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools