Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ROLL CALL: WHO STILL SUPPORTS THE BUCS AND NOT JUMPING SHIP « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#45 : December 17, 2012, 02:57:15 AM

The offense isn't the problem.

41-0

When you stack the offense, you should NEVER be shutout.  NEVER.   Especially by one of the worst defenses in the NFL.   And this team has stacked the offense.

1 game.

Was the offense the problem in the Giants, Eagles, Saints (1st game) and Redskins? Nope, the defense was the one's who blew all of those games. And guess what? If we win those games, we're in the playoffs this year.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#46 : December 17, 2012, 03:00:28 AM

Was the offense the problem in the Giants, Eagles, Saints (1st game) and Redskins?

Yes

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#47 : December 17, 2012, 03:34:30 AM

Give it a year or two, we will be back in the playoffs. In a passing league we have possibly the least talent at the position that has to cover, which is corners. We'll vastly upgrade the position in the offseason. Pulling for Milliner right now. Some of the stuff we do is frustrating and soon enough it will all come together.
: December 17, 2012, 03:36:30 AM Freeman 5

Formerly known as Revis Islander

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#48 : December 17, 2012, 08:13:46 AM

Always have, always will. It's a frustrating time to be a Bucs fan but I still believe in the future of this team under Coach Schiano. Number Five? He's quickly eroding my faith. Need to see some good play from him the last two.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#49 : December 17, 2012, 08:20:00 AM

I'm always in.... Nothing changes that for me (unless the team moves and changes name)

Get some defensive help!

BucNtears

Second String

#50 : December 17, 2012, 08:22:12 AM

Always a fan, though it gets old every year.

gone

Hall of Famer
#51 : December 17, 2012, 03:26:30 PM

The Bucs can win with Freeman at QB. Looking back at the losses (excluding this game) you can maybe pin 1 or 2 of the 7 other losses on Freeman. The rest he's played fine. I think the D is more an issue than the QB. Numbers don't tell you everything, but Josh in the losses has a 59% completion percentage, averages 296 yards and has 11 TDs to 5 INTs (again excluding this abysmal loss). His QB rating is 88.7. Yes he needs to play better but I hardly think the QB is the main thing holding this team back.

If you're going to cherry pick what you include in your statistics so that it says what you want it to say, you're either the federal government, Michael Mann, or you're doing it wrong.

Like it or not you have to include this one too.

DailyRich68

Starter
#52 : December 17, 2012, 03:30:17 PM

I'm still on board, though I'm less sure about Freeman now.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#53 : December 17, 2012, 03:42:08 PM

Nah I like the Saints now. Or maybe the Falcons. Can't decide.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#54 : December 17, 2012, 10:01:18 PM

Count me in.

Sorry for all of those wishing for instant success.

Buc fans looking for long term success should feel encouraged.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#55 : December 17, 2012, 10:23:32 PM

Still here, but growing more and more uneasy regarding Josh. And I don't think Schiano is a patient man... That's 2 eggs in a row Josh has laid, but then I'm not sure what is expected of Josh. I would think more than what we've seen...

Bayside4Life

Starter

#56 : December 17, 2012, 10:28:42 PM

I am definitely still in.  After the team quit last year, and had a majority of games that resembled yesterday's, the fact the Bucs have been competitive in 13 of 14 games to me is a huge improvement.  Rome wasn't built in a day, and I don't think a Supebowl team is either.

Regarding the 41-0, it was clear during the game that Schiano wasn't going to let the team off the hook by kicking a field goal to end the shut out.  I commend him for that.  Say what you will about Schiano, the guy is consistent and sticks to his principles.  I like the fact that he was going to force the team to save themselves from embarrassment.  The fact they couldn't says way more about the players than it does the coaching staff, IMO. 

I still think the Bucs have an exciting young core of players that with another good draft and some free agent signings could turn into a team that can content for Superbowls.  I like the direction of the Bucs, and think that Schiano has the team heading in the right direction.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#57 : December 17, 2012, 10:44:35 PM

I think a lot of people think of the many young qb's that come in and light it up..

How often does that success sustain? Are coaches sacrificing long term success for short term return?

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

awitron

Hall of Famer

#58 : December 17, 2012, 11:43:49 PM

I will always support the Bucs.

Nothing says I have to support Schiano.

Some of you think hes actually turning this thing around when he is putting us on the road to mediocrity.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#59 : December 18, 2012, 10:56:06 AM

Unfortunately awitron, mediocrity is a turn around compared to Rah.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ROLL CALL: WHO STILL SUPPORTS THE BUCS AND NOT JUMPING SHIP « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools