Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buc Fan logic « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

BucNY

Hall of Famer

: December 18, 2012, 12:10:15 PM

Offense:
   10th in points scored per game
   13th in total yards per game

Defense:
   22nd in points allowed per game
   29th in yards allowed per game

FIRE FREEMAN HE IS COSTING US GAMES!!!!

Lol, yeah it's that bad. I won't stand here defend Freeman's play in the last 2-3 games but when you try to improve a team, you improve the most by making the weakest spots stronger, not by trying to make a strength (our offense) stronger.

Go ahead and tell me i'm wrong now. Everyone wants to bang on Freeman but if we had even a decent pass defense we would be in the playoffs this year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 18, 2012, 12:19:52 PM

After having watched him, I can say that stats do not tell the entire story. 

Would you trust Freeman to win us a big game?  When has he beaten a quality foe?

Have you seen him throw the damn ball?  He can chuck it a country mile, look at Vincent Jacksons numbers, but that guy cannot make the routine throws.  He cannot read a field.  He has missed so many wide open targets and guys that were not covered...he isn't the guy.

Sure the defense is busted.  But so is our inaccurate, inconsistent, slow learning QB.  He is replaceable.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#2 : December 18, 2012, 12:21:20 PM

Anyone can throw a ball far and have VJax pull it down more than half the time.  He can't make any short/mid throws.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 18, 2012, 12:22:00 PM

I dont know. I could look at the stat Pass defense last in league with pass rush being down there too and I could tell you instantly that team didnt win many games.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 18, 2012, 12:25:04 PM

Freeman is horrible.  Period.  Watching him throw the ball...well...

On the Official Site, they have a picture of Freeman throwing a Christmas Gift in the shape of a box with a ribbon.    Well...that is about what his passes look like when he throws them...just throwing boxes out there.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : December 18, 2012, 12:34:15 PM

Finally! A Freeman thread! Thank God, I thought we were never going to get around to discussing this.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 18, 2012, 12:34:56 PM

Finally! A Freeman thread! Thank God, I thought we were never going to get around to discussing this.
Did you know that Josh Freeman cannot throw a football and he plays QB?  Imagine that!

Maybe he can be a personal protector in punt formations?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 18, 2012, 12:35:50 PM

The team changed its philsophyy and made a commitment to become a offense-first team by signing big ticket OL, WR, and drafting a RB in the first round.  This is no longer the Bucs of old. And with the change in philosophy, we need a QB that can score points. It looked good midway through the season, but now, #5 looks as bad as he ever has.

If you want to go back to the old Bucs with a dominant D, and a QB that doesn't hurt the team, so be it. But right now, they're looking at offense first.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 18, 2012, 12:44:37 PM

First of all it isn't "Buc" fan logic.  Welcome to the NFL where the QB is the face of the franchise and tends to take the heat when he is sucking it up and the team is on a losing skid.  Second, Freeman padded his stats quite nicely during the 4 games winning streak or so.  That doesn't change the fact that he has been erratic and inconsistent for much of his career not just these last few games.   He is young and he may still mature, but 4 years into the league and fans may start to become a little impatient.   Third, of course the defense (particularly the db's) is a weakness and needs/will be addressed.   This has been stated on this board at least as many times as Freeman's weaknesses have been discussed/criticized.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 18, 2012, 12:51:02 PM

" The team changed its philsophyy and made a commitment to become a offense-first team by signing big ticket OL, WR, and drafting a RB in the first round. This is no longer the Bucs of old."

Leaving outstanding offense supported by average defense as our only viable path to the Super Bowl. Either we fix the QB problems or we rebuild for a different strategy.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 18, 2012, 12:59:23 PM

First of all it isn't "Buc" fan logic.  Welcome to the NFL where the QB is the face of the franchise and tends to take the heat when he is sucking it up and the team is on a losing skid.  Second, Freeman padded his stats quite nicely during the 4 games winning streak or so.  That doesn't change the fact that he has been erratic and inconsistent for much of his career not just these last few games.   He is young and he may still mature, but 4 years into the league and fans may start to become a little impatient.   Third, of course the defense (particularly the db's) is a weakness and needs/will be addressed.   This has been stated on this board at least as many times as Freeman's weaknesses have been discussed/criticized.

^This^ needs to be pinned to the top of the page.

+1.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 18, 2012, 12:59:43 PM

After having watched him, I can say that stats do not tell the entire story. 

Would you trust Freeman to win us a big game?  When has he beaten a quality foe?

2009 Packers and Saints probably won't count for some reason or another. Had the Giants, Redskins and Falcons beat this season and then the defense crapped the bed late in the game. Guess he was supposed to play safety too.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 18, 2012, 01:14:04 PM

Letting him feel the the heat for bad play is one thing, but getting rid of one of your only strengths is stupid, totally ignoring your weaknesses...faulty fan logic. And thats what this thread about, to atleast once in awhile use your brain instead of just listening to your heart.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 18, 2012, 01:16:27 PM

Which QB is available that is gonna take this team where they want to go despite having an awful defense?? I dont know of a single guy.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 18, 2012, 01:18:31 PM

" totally ignoring your weaknesses...faulty"

Who came up with the plan to totally ignore our weaknesses? Or is that just some crap you made up because you can't make a logical argument to defend your position?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buc Fan logic « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools